Capitol Theater Fan Club Tickets

Hardpan

Anyone get theirs in the mail yet? The website said  they would be delivered 2-3 weeks before the shows. Not too worried, could always go to will call, but I wouldn't mind knowing where my seats are :icon14:

• 2 weeks later...

OK. Anyone still waiting for their tickets to these shows??? Got an email (after contracting mission tix) last Monday 5/8 that all fan club tickets for the Capitol Theater shows would be mailed out on Wednesday 5/10. Still waiting for mine. Sent an email yesterday, no answer. Called and left a message and sent another email today. Pretty bad business for a ticketing service to make customers wait this long to get tickets to a concert. The attachments on my confirmation email says that the tickets will be available at will call, but if the physical tickets are supposed to be mailed to the house, I want to make sure I can get in the door. 

Yep, GA on the floor, reserved in the balcony where I'm at. Still need a ticket though. They just got back to me saying that the tickets mailed out on Friday the 12th, and that if they don't get here in time that will call will have them.

I've been waiting too. Purchased in the beginning of the year via fan club. MissionTix said they would be mailed in a couple of weeks. Got an email on the 8th of May, saying they would be shipped on the 10th. They should have been here by now...by 1st class mail, the tix company is only a day away, two at the most...

Why do I get the feeling that they didn't bother to print or mail tickets, and there will be a giant line at will call when I get there...

• Forum MVP

Not a good look for MissonTix.  If they want to be an alternative to Ticketbastard, they're gonna have to tighten it up.  

Sorry folks are having trouble

Good luck with your tickets!  Mission Tix is actually a good company, not sure what is holding things up, but surprised you did not get a good explanation when you called.  I would call again.

Anyone know what time to expect DSO to go on?  Tickets say show at 8PM, but on the forum show page it says 9.   

Thanks! 

• Forum MVP

Mission tix is a good company to be supporting in terms of getting tickets. Tickets being sent a couple days later than expected is a pretty mild issue compared to the unacceptable service fees at Tixketbastard and others.

in the past when ive bought tix through mission tix they imply that tickets will be mailed but then I am able to simply print them at home through their website. But I think maybe it's different arrangements for different shows. 

Hang in in there guys,,,hopefully your tix will arrive pronto!

I heard back from MT a few minutes ago. No comment at all on where my tickets were; they just sent me some stupid thing I have to print, and then stand in line at Will Call before I can go in.

If as many people as I think didn't receive their reserved tickets, that line will be pretty long. I'm not sure if I can even stand that long, and my wife definitely isn't up for it.

I told them that I would rather have my money back than be made to stand in line for a show that I bought tickets for over 3 months ago.

This is not going to end well, I'm afraid...the show is 2 days away...

Two problems I see with this. One, it's 2017, almost everyone carries a cell phone. Give the customer an option for mobile tickets or print at home tickets, like every other ticket to any event I've bought in recent years. Two, if you insist on mailing  out physical tickets to customers who bought tickets months in advance, so do promptly, not one week before the event, and then offer a disclaimer that "you'll be able to pick them up at will call if you don't get your tickets in time". Supposedly the tickets were mailed out on Friday 5/12 according  to the email I got from then this morning, so from Baltimore to CT, I am hoping to see them today. Just frustrating to deal with.

MT gave me a $13 refund, for "fees"...Still don't have tickets. They refunded fees for a service they didn't provide, so that's a no-brainer. I asked them for a full refund, but that was all I got.

...I won't be purchasing event tickets through this company anymore, regardless of the act they are selling. If DSO continues to use them, they will have to do so with one less fan. I'm sure nobody gives a shit, but this stuff matters to me. If it didn't, I would have just bought a ticket at the door...

Still no tickets. I'm not physically able to stand in line for an hour or more at will call, so I've asked for my money back.

All in all, not a very pleasant experience dealing with MissionTix. I get the feeling they didn't mail *any* reserved seating tickets out...probably trying to save a few bucks on postage by making everyone stand in line at will call instead of mailing them out like they were supposed to...

...I won't be doing this again...

• Forum MVP

What an exercise in frustration for you.

Just a thought - When I attended the Capital Theater,  there wasn't much of a line at all to get in or at will call. I can't imagine the wait in line could too long- 

Yeah, I'm done. I wasn't happy about it, but I asked for a refund, and they sent it a few minutes ago.

I would have rather seen the show, but with no tickets in hand, and not knowing how long I would have to wait in line, and whether I would even be getting the seats I paid for- it wasn't worth the risk, as the theatre is a good hour's drive one way. Too many things could have gone wrong :-(

• Forum MVP

Man Toonz,,I would have gladly switched places with ya to be able to drive an hour and wait in a 10-15 min will call line for DSO show right now...will be months before I'll get to see them again and those seem like minimal hoops to jump through to get to the promised land but ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

...If I knew it would only be ten minutes, it would have been fine. But if it was a long line, I'd be screwed. I can't stand that long.

Trust me- I would have rather seen the show than asked for a refund. That was why I bought reserved seats 3+ months ago- to avoid this crap. I'm really disappointed with MissionTix. They claim they sent the tix out on the 10th, but somehow, I doubt they ever mailed any of the fan club tix...so everyone has to stand in line at will call...I won't be making that mistake again.

...at least they gave my my money back...but I still would have rather seen the show...sigh...

Yea man That's unfortunate for you. The capitol is one of the best venues around. Not just for sound quality but They are on point. Never a long line at will call or security. One hour drive to the Cap and possibly a will call line doesn't seem like  obstacles at all. I'm sure you would've got your seats. And by some chance if you didn't your seats, the GA is where it's at. Although the slanted floor can be a problem for dancing after a few too many, just have to make adjustments!!! Well I'll be there both nights. Been waiting for these two shows since they were posted.

• Advisory Board

Tim,

Consider calling the venue and speaking with the manager requesting an accommodation. You can't stand very long. Without knowing you it seems like a physical or medical condition that would be accommodated under the ADA or at the very least a reasonable manager of the facility. 

Explain the situation (that you pre ordered just to avoid this situation) and ask that upon arrival if you could meet with a pre-arranged person who works there to retrieve your tickets without you and your wife waiting in line. Get the persons name of who you are to meet. Take the managers name just in case. Follow up your call with an email to the manager confirming and thanking them. 

I would hope this works. If it doesn't something is wrong with the facility or the manager. It doesn't sound like you are lazy or trying to be privileged. It sounds to me like for whatever reason that you and your wife in good faith cannot stand and wait in line for a long time. That would be so easy to accommodate. 

Good luck. If you choose to call the venue I would be interested in hearing how things work out. I hope you get to the show!

Dr. B

• Forum MVP

As a new poster he may not know how accommodating DSO fans can be, especially the familiar folks. I am confident that if I was in his predicament I could show up, "claim my spot in line" have a seat as close to the tix window as practical and when the line got to my "spot" get up and receive them. How many shows did ole Joseph miss if he showed up?

Without love in the dream...

4 hours ago, Tim Toonz said:

...If I knew it would only be ten minutes, it would have been fine. But if it was a long line, I'd be screwed. I can't stand that long.

Trust me- I would have rather seen the show than asked for a refund. That was why I bought reserved seats 3+ months ago- to avoid this crap. I'm really disappointed with MissionTix. They claim they sent the tix out on the 10th, but somehow, I doubt they ever mailed any of the fan club tix...so everyone has to stand in line at will call...I won't be making that mistake again.

...at least they gave my my money back...but I still would have rather seen the show...sigh...

I haven't gotten ny tickets yet, either. I contacted the Capitol Theatre and they said that this is a common thing with fan club tickets, but that we will indeed be able to show our confirmation and get our tickets at will call.

Tim, if you wanted I would gladly stand for you in line and get your tickets for you. I'll be taking the train in from CT and could meet up with you in front of the venue, parking lot, etc. Send me a PM if you want and we could meet up and try to make it work out.

Josh

Hey Tim. Also as another alternative, if your tickets are now forfeited after your refund.  My ticket for tomorrow night is front row center in the Loge, and Saturday night front row to the right in the balcony. I may or may not be trying to get down onto the floor both nights  :D. If you wanted to buy me a GA floor for one or both nights I'd trade you, you might have some explaining to do to the wife though, only got one seat for each night :wacko:

Hardpan- I truly appreciate your offer, but after MissionTix voided my tickets this morning, I went ahead and made other plans. I've been to quite a few DSO shows here and there, and this is the first time I've *ever* had a problem. Coincidentally, it's also the first time I purchased tickets through MissionTix.

I truly believe they lied to me, and never mailed the tickets. I won't be using their service anymore, as that stuff irks me.

So- after buying way in advance, and waiting 3+ months, I got screwed. I'll live- but I'll never use MT again.

Thanks for all the kind words and offers...

Well. Got my tickets in the mail today, about an hour before heading down. Way to cut it down to the wire! Postmarked Monday 5/15. Would be great if they were more prompt with getting tickets out but I am glad to have mine in hand for tonight!

Archived