Count Basie Civic Center!!!!!

yetivanmarshall

Umbelievable, I was praying for the 77 St Paul show since the tour was announced. We got it tonight in full force, absolute kick ass show. Thank's DSO for giving us 1 of the 5. Rob - fuckin on fire as usual. 

Estimated, Scarlet, Fire tremendous, but every song was powerful just blew the house down. Jeff's voice spot on. The whole band perfect.  

And the audience participation was amazing. None of the possible North East yapping you can get at the show during, between songs. Everyone was cheering the band on from beginning to end in a frenzy.

• Forum MVP

Yay, first night of tour! Been dreaming of shows last few nights but we may not make it til toward the end: got a van but gotta make the dough and that takes time as we roll up that way ;) also gotta do courtesy visits to see my mom n dad. but we should be there bf it's all said n done. Can't wait to see em in the northeast again (like my very first tour ever!!!) i'be been a long time comin home, don't ease me in ;) 

kiss kiss

5/11/77 just in case anyone didn't know. 

The Past few months starting mid January have been difficult and I was really looking forward to going down south last month for the 2 Asheville, charlotte and Raleigh shows. Trip booked everything in the works, but as the previous month had been tough April proved to be the same. Trip cancelled. Thank god may is coming that's all I knew. So to say I needed last nights show was a understatement. 

Although I knew what was coming and I do enjoy electives and suprise recreations, last night was perfect.

The first set had a very good balance.  TLEO  was heartfelt and came at a good time for me. BIG river got the crowd jumping and then loser, of of my favorites smoothed it out again. The crowd was quite for LLR and Im sure I wasn't the only one who appreciated it. Ramble was awesome and always get the crowd going. Jack straw kept us moving and Peggy-O took us back down a notch and enjoyed thoroughly. The lazy lighting >supplication and then a huge sugaree was my first set highlight. There is something about  The crazy and calmness of lazy>suppl that makes it impossible not to, just lose it. And I did. The 10 minute sugaree closer couldn't have ended the first set any better. Big dance songs, I was sweating profusely. 

Second set start with Samson got everyone shakin there bones quick, BEW and estimated made way for a monster scarlet>fire. Not only are the two of the best songs, There's nothing better then hearing Scarlet and the jam leading into the beginning of fire, something about it, oh and LIVE of course. Some chick behind me made her way into a little dark corner alone and had herself a little dance journey somewhere. Haha.. The best part of good loving was Jeff and Rob B going back and forth for like 5 minutes, thanks guys that was great to watch. The UJB>jam>wharf rat was a highlight. The first days are the hardest days...Love when Jeff pours it out on wharf. Around and around was one last long fun dance and then broke down was beautiful send off. 

Not the best at reviews but gave it a shot from my experience. Can't make tonight due to a suprise 40th for my buddy. But this month its on. Good times MC see you tomorow

• Forum MVP

I want to and I hope to say more. I find myself pleasantly occupied but this was a firing in all cylinders monster 77. In comparison to the 77 we got in New Orleans. It was more danceable. Higher energy rock n roll. New Orleans seemed to have some more psychedelic and oozing playing. I'm not saying one is better than the other. I like dripping. I like mind bending music. I also love to dance. Tonight was just excactly perfect for that musically. The venue didn't blow me away. Some uptight staff and seats to the front but dark star made those concerns mute. They crushed this set lists. I'd say stronger than in Vegas last time I saw them do this show. Although in Vegas we got much more of the jerry solo than we did tonight. Overall A plus plus. 

Special thanks to Rob B for all his help. He really made it easier for me to make someone special to me feel special. I can't thank him enough. 

See you guys at penns peak. 

• Forum MVP

SMOKIN' !!!! As Vegas would say this show was a 3 wringer. Bands energy was way up from the opening chords of Promised, and it didn't let up. Really one of those special shows. Space was tight but found a nice spot with great sound. I thought the crowd was respectful. Say what you want about Jersey, DSO shows up people come out. Doesn't matter which the day of week. No worries for them doing 3 shows here in a short span, you won't saturate this market. Afterall it is the heart of Dead Belt..Blew off Penns last night because I didn't feel like driving 3 hours one way in a monsoon. Plus I have the DSO Open early afternoon, and need to be well rested. Hopping back on for Princeton, Morristown, Boston, Caps, and Wilmington.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mom's in DSO land. See ya on the playground.

Still coming down from this spectacular show and the video above displays clearly how on fire they were.

Really dig how on the chorus first Jeff , add Rob, add Lisa come in vocally beautiful.

AW

Thx for posting video. I'll watch it 100 times by next Friday!!!

• Forum MVP

I've said a lot of things about Jersey, most of them good. Except for the jug handles. And yep, DSO always brings it there and the crowds always show. I have never had anything less than an awesome times there, and have strange memories of those times to prove it. That clip is hot hot hot, for sure. Thanks for the share, Mr. West. I look forward to getting saturated again some day.

Archived