2017 NBA Playoffs

Tea

• Forum MVP

I don't pay much attention to the NBA since the regular season is nearly unwatchable.

The Playoffs have been pretty boring save for a few moments.  I thought I was watching the end of the Spurs dominance during the Rocket series.  Maybe I still did but I've never  seen anything like I did last night .   The Rockets at home, Leonard out, Parker, done.  Setup perfectly to force a Gm 7.  They just gave up -  nothing else explains it.  The Rockets scored less 2-pointers than any other game since the advent of the shot-clock.  WTF?  Hard  to imagine Harden being an MVP candidate with that effort when it mattered most.   He Didn't even take a shot till the second quarter?!?

That's gonna leave a mark - Wow!

I guess we wait till Cavs v Warriors 3.0.

• Forum MVP

Total shit show. I used to be an NBA guy. The level of basketball being played now is a joke. They might as well play on blacktop. Its just streetball. And every year you know who is going to play for the title before the season starts. Disappointing as a sports fan. 

• Forum MVP

I have been a Jazz fan for years because they actually do play the game the right way, unfortunately they did not have the firepower to stay with the Warriors with hill out. San Antonio also plays good team ball, almost won yesterday with Leonard out. If Pop pulls out another title with this depleted group he moves ahead of Jackson in the coaching hierarchy in my opinion.

• Forum MVP

Pop and the Spurs are toast.  They threw and landed a haymaker in game 1 and probably would have choked-out GS if Leonard didn't go down.  The Warriors are not accustomed to playing with pressure and I think Game 2 at home had the chance to put a crack in their foundation.  

The Cavs are a matchup nightmare for the Celtics.  While Boston can throw alot of bodies at you and wear you out, they almost always switch on ball-screens which is going to create big mismatches.  That coupled with their inability to score the ball might be their undoing.  

The only chance Boston has (short of a big Cavs injury) is to hope that the Cavs play iso-ball and shoot jump-shots instead of driving and kicking.  If that happens, I can't imagine that coach LeBron (err Lue) wouldn't make the necessary adjustments.

Warriors in 5  /  Cavs in 6

• Forum MVP
On 5/17/2017 at 8:33 AM, Tea for Texas said:

The Cavs are a matchup nightmare for the Celtics.  While Boston can throw alot of bodies at you and wear you out, they almost always switch on ball-screens which is going to create big mismatches.  That coupled with their inability to score the ball might be their undoing.  

The only chance Boston has (short of a big Cavs injury) is to hope that the Cavs play iso-ball and shoot jump-shots instead of driving and kicking.  If that happens, I can't imagine that coach LeBron (err Lue) wouldn't make the necessary adjustments.

Warriors in 5  /  Cavs in 6

Cavs in 3

• Forum MVP

It goes down tonight - I don't really care who wins as long as it's competitive.

Cavaliers +230
Warriors -270

GS should win but I like the Cavs payday more.

• Forum MVP

The smart money in Vegas knows what's up.

GS played a good (not great) game and it was way more than enough to put down Cleveland - GS played great defense and didn't turn the ball over.  The Cavs looked outmatched and out-of-synch.  Poor communication, poor spacing, poor shot-selection, poor ball-movement, poor help-defense, and poor bench-play.

I really think GS is gonna have to have a real clunker or 2 and the Cavs are gonna have to play outta their minds for this to go the distance - it's possible, but not likely.

The NBA product is not great and a 4-5 games series would not make the executives nor the fans very happy. 

• Forum MVP

The Dubs are too good.  It is hurting the NBA product.  I don't think this goes passed 5 games.  Think last year every time Barnes missed a wide open look that is Durant now.  Swap Durant for Barnes last year series over in 5.

• Forum MVP

If the Cavs want any miracle shot at the title - tonight's the night.

Even if they pull this one out, taking 3 of 4 is too much to ask with KD in the fold.  Tough to see it going 6 - prolly in 5.  If it somehow goes 7, I like the Cavs.

• Forum MVP

The Cavs run outta gas and go cold during the final stretch.  

Time to put these NBA Finals outta their misery.

The GM (read:  Labron) will now begin to try and add some pieces to try and catch The Dubs next year.  Not sure it's going to make much difference though...

• Forum MVP

Congrats to the Warriors!  Save for last years meltdown- this would be a 3-peat.  Its them and then everybody else.

Not that there was much intrigue with the NBA regular-season to begin with but now it's even more trivial of an exercise.

The veritable arms race for another superteam will further delude an already diluted product -  have fun with that one NBA  !

• 2 weeks later...

Archived