Westbury

vbf3

As the band kept suggesting all nite, they had a lot of songs to play! ! Lights went down at 7:58 and the show went well past midnight. Great stuff all the way around!!

5.7/72
Truckin', Sugaree, Mr. Charlie, Deal, Beat It On Down The Line, He's Gone, Chinatown Shuffle, China Cat Sunflower> I Know You Rider, Black-Throated Wind, Next Time You See Me, Playing in the Band, Tennessee Jed, Good Lovin', Casey Jones Greatest Story Ever Told, Big Boss Man, Ramble On Rose, Jack Straw, Dark Star-> Drums-> The Other One-> Sing Me Back Home, Sugar Magnolia, Turn On Your Love Light-> Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad-> Not Fade Away, E: One More Saturday Night

What a great show. Was shocked at how many people they let into the place. It was very cramped during the first set, with lots of loud, alcohol fueled talking by the audience. Great music but a bit of a challenge to enjoy with how loud everyone was. After the setbreak, much of the audience seemed to clear out and I made it down to the second row center. Just amazing music, thick, fat tones coming out of all the guitars, particularly Rob's Gibson. Found myself surrounded by attentive people, bright eyes and smiling large for the entire second set and it was a pleasure to share the fun with all you strangers. Skip hit a monstrous bomb during Ramble on Rose and his kickoff to The Other One was equally powerful. Would love to hear a recording of this show if anyone who taped this happens to be reading this, or if anyone could point me in the right direction for a download if it becomes available. Thank you to the band for pulling out all the stops and performing this monster four hour marathon show.

• Forum MVP

Show was definitely a marathon. I thought for Long Island the crowd was actually great. When I am feeling overly critical and judgmental, and as wrong as it is this happens to me, I find New York City or the area around it to contain at shows more of 9,999. So I enter these shows with diminish expectations. A lot of people there just to catch up chase women and seek out drugs.  However mango and I last time around found a great space at this venue up front right (our right) over by the kitchen door. Mango has been absent from the dance floor for quite some time now. I've heard maybe to expect him tonight. I hope so I could use the energy. You can't see over in this spot but it fills with people mostly interested in dancing and connecting the the music  

Archived