Lights out concert

Rude

• Forum MVP

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dancing-dark-york-club-turns-lights-184721759.html

this would be cool at a show, but it could create a weirdness factor that could lead many running to the door. Probably not the best idea at a dead show. 

The setting appeared to loosen inhibitions, with a number of club-goers throwing their arms in the air with a joyful abandon that may have otherwise been hampered by self-consciousness.

rookies

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, rudedogggg said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dancing-dark-york-club-turns-lights-184721759.html

this would be cool at a show, but it could create a weirdness factor that could lead many running to the door. Probably not the best idea at a dead show. 

The setting appeared to loosen inhibitions, with a number of club-goers throwing their arms in the air with a joyful abandon that may have otherwise been hampered by self-consciousness.

rookies

Joyful abandon?  If all you've done is throw your arms in the air, there's a few more stops before you've pulled into the station.

Totally dark - with maybe on occasional single-strobe?  Yes, please!

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

Maybe a hot guys nightmare and a groove of happy girls

Why are guys always perverts.  I know a couple girls.   A guy name Rick introduced me:)!!!  Haha!!

While at Stonybrook, a few of us guys would take the  train into NYC and go to the original Chippendales. From 9 to 11PM it was females only allowed in. 

We would strive to be near front of line when doors opened for the men as the ladies being worked up into a  fever pitch would pretty much assault (in a most desired way) the gents. 

Yes, gals can be perv's and gents sluts....if u look at it right.

On topic...much harder for there to be band-audience interplay in complete blackness.

• Forum MVP

A study was done in the sixties.  They put men (20's) and women in the room.  Turned off lights.  The majority of the men and women, the boys and girls hooked up.  Shared intimacy in the darkness.  It's what we do as humans.  We like touch.

Same experiment  in 2000.  Society, media, jurist, legal counselors fucked that all up.  

Same experiment in 2000 yeiled confusion, passivity, and essentially men and women afraid to touch each other because of sexual harassment charges, and other social construct that 40 years earlier did not exist.  40 years later, a man was Conditioned that their desires were no longer legal, and the girls desires were no longer explored.  

It's a shame how much we have demonized one of the most beautiful tools of human togetherness!!  We are now afraid to be normal:(. Yet life still seems normal?  

I need to dance.  When the music plays, I would suggest I am asexual as the music is the love!!   And done with my morning  ipa....off to work.

happy mother's day!!  Cause momma tried!!!

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

A study was done in the sixties.  They put men (20's) and women in the room.  Turned off lights.  The majority of the men and women, the boys and girls hooked up.  Shared intimacy in the darkness.  ....

Actually in the sixties we did that in the broad daylight.

41 minutes ago, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

I have pinched a ass or two.  Mainly when I knew it was ok...

Men are agressive, women tend to be submissive.  I find this true in 98 percent of experience.  

Where do you live?  Do you know what year it is?

Women are generally brighter then men.  I'm comfortable with that generalization...

• Forum MVP

Ever sleep with a women.  By design they are even submissive.  Jeez.    What year it is.....same year you agree that half.the population on this planet is brighter than you.  

blindman, I promise, I am a thoughtful person, I am also extremely honest. My core values secure, which allows me to go outside of what you or others thinks is comfortable in open discussion.  I have a little girl.  I am an extremely feirce and protective father.  I also am secure some women have larger brain pans then my own.  A dentist around here is just 1 I can mention.

However, my initial proposal and honesty of behavior is not one to mock.  Social behaviors are complex.  Very difficult to generally speak about Individuals.  Much easier to speak in broad terms than it is to conceptualize.  

My post was not.about the video.  I did not watch it.  I would.freak out if lights went out, but than again, every venue I do walk around, and I know the exits!!! I am not very trusting of a paniced crowd.  Men or women...as most people generally are fools...  Hillary got the popular vote;)!!!  That last one was for rudedog;)!!!

• Forum MVP

At the first "Atlanta International Pop Festival" there were about a hundred thousand folk listening to some good band, (maybe Johhny Rivers )around eleven o'clock at night. The electrical power went out all over the festival ( a big NASCAR race track). There were no lights, no electricity, no cell phones (1969) , very few flashlights, ...only the stars in the sky and a few small camp fires in the very back. Everyone just sat there and chatted amount ourselves and lit up some smoke. On stage the drummer did not miss a lick. He kept drumming a solo for about forty minutes until they finally got power back. The drummer then took a few short minutes break and the band finished the set.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

Ever sleep with a women.  By design they are even submissive.  Jeez.    What year it is.....same year you agree that half.the population on this planet is brighter than you.  

blindman, I promise, I am a thoughtful person, I am also extremely honest. My core values secure, which allows me to go outside of what you or others thinks is comfortable in open discussion.  I have a little girl.  I am an extremely feirce and protective father.  I also am secure some women have larger brain pans then my own.  A dentist around here is just 1 I can mention.

However, my initial proposal and honesty of behavior is not one to mock.  Social behaviors are complex.  Very difficult to generally speak about Individuals.  Much easier to speak in broad terms than it is to conceptualize.  

My post was not.about the video.  I did not watch it.  I would.freak out if lights went out, but than again, every venue I do walk around, and I know the exits!!! I am not very trusting of a paniced crowd.  Men or women...as most people generally are fools...  Hillary got the popular vote;)!!!  That last one was for rudedog;)!!!

Although I have similar traits than yourself (have daughter, physics degree etc.) I must admit I am confused which one of your heads is driving your vocal chords. It is much easier to speak of thyself than put thoughts into others. 

Women are submissive by design? Do you check if the exits are locked? Most people are fools? Exactly how long have you known Rude? I don't "feel " your concepualization".

At least you are honest...to the point of recklessness

I strive to be non judgemental but do not always succeed.

• Forum MVP

"When I was young I wanted to go to Medical School.

At the entrance exam we were asked to rearrange the letters ‘PNEIS’ and  form the name of an important human body part which is most useful when erect.

Those who answered 'spine' are doctors today, while the rest are sending jokes via email."

• Forum MVP
2 minutes ago, PoetryGirl said:

When I was young I wanted to go to Medical School.

At the entrance exam we were asked to rearrange the letters ‘PNEIS’ and  form the name of an important human body part which is most useful when erect.

Those who answered 'spine' are doctors today, while the rest are sending jokes via email.

Well I can check off what I am to learn new for today.  

I'm fasincated when I learn something that I know I will never forget, and will change my perception, even if just an iota.

• Forum MVP

Only reckless If you cant openly discuss.  There are much more difficult subjects than human anatomy.  Spines are generally erect, and spine is the reason more women are graduating from higher institutions of learning.  Or the that wasp have been demonized;)!!

To much to fun, you have danced and bumbed into me dancing tons.  If I was a girl, it would be rude. But what if I was gay, would it still not be considered rude because of my sexual orientation?

Sex is touch feelly, i get it, but human anatomy?  You can't argue the sky is not blue with me...it's not logical, women and men have different anatomical units that make them more susceptiable to either being dominate or submissive.  

It's basically stuff, and though I brought it up, far from my original point, which was a comment about how society has forced behavioral changes in the contemporary sexes.

Holes that are locked?  What do that mean, did you read my words?  Did I condone rape or something?  I summarize two interesting studies....so now attacked?  And yes, I believe in bell curves with both common sense and intelligence.  Funny, so does college admission boards, SATs, mcats, military, corps, insurance.  Its actually pretty basic stuff used in a little of industries.  Got a buddy named cosmic , he prefers fractals, but I am more linlear.  

This is about the time I exit this thread, and wish you all safe travels in a couple weeks.  No spine grapping, I promise, as long as there is not 2 much does not bruise me up in the dance floor.  I know, or rather have known several med students, both would of immediately thought about me!!  And hospitals are notorious for closet sex!!!  I can't be the only person here who knows about this shit?

Give y'all hints....trains, airplanes, automobiles, woods, behind bleachers, office, school, library, barracks, beach, ocean, dessert, mountain tops, skiing, etc.......

Men like women, women like to be liked by men?  I am pretty sure that's right,or the cosmetic industry is focusing on the wrong sex.....but their profits say other wise.  What do we do?  We claim they objectify those evil money making corporations...another one for rude;)!!

• Forum MVP

Great, a communist trader singing about the brilliance of women at man's expense.  

Sometimes you have to let the kids when.  It encourages them to try harder:)!!

Our campground is welcoming any and all political/and or social discussions of dessenters from reality!!  

Sun is shining

The weather is sweet

Makes you wanna  move

Your dancing feet

To the rescue, here I am

Need to save you, can't you understand.

I wonder if divorce rates have sky rocketed in the past 40 years.  Marriage is such a shit institution.  I bet the past 40 years have brought more peace between couples and.families.  more people are happier longer with each other then it was  I. The time of that stupid male dominated era.  

I mean, we all know women should.be head of.the household.  Most should pay bills, take me out to eat, and for damn sure wake up and see what that noise is in the middle of the night.  They are smarter..they will.know what to do. I just wish women, being so smart, would show more  chilvery, and start opening my door, carry me.over the thresh hold and start cutting their hair like Rachel Madoff!!!

People are smarter when they don't believe sex has anything to do with level of intelligence!! 

How many songs did Donna write, and how sexiest to refer to the dead as the boys!!  

Dead heads are so exclusionary, and sexiest.  

• Forum MVP

My post isn't about one person. I believe if you look at my comment objectively you will see that joke goes far further than this thread.

My point is "what you seek is also seeking you" (Rumi) - what you look for is reflected And comes to you.  If one perseverates in  the lower chakras that is what you see in the world.  And lord knows those chakras are in full throttle in the world.- maybe one day the majority will make it to the heart---  And after all - what divides man initially from animal  was the move to homo erectus. The fact that I am in medicine is irrelevant and is not meant to be condescending. 

"Women are Smarter" the way the Dead sang it always comes across.... - well, I was never quite sure the intention and think it is up to the listener. The original intent of the song was blaming women for corrupting men with sexual thoughts of their beauty and  inciting man's desire.

But viva la difference ! It is all good. 

GW- I think some reaction is to calling women submissive- it bothered me. Did you mean passive ? Femininity is more of a noun- masculinity a verb. We all have both inside.

Maybe the point is - Take this opportunity to connect with both.  Everyone! 

Peace and harmony  to you all

• Forum MVP

This post took a weird turn with PG talking about erect penises wont get you into med school(what about doctor love) and our favorite wrecking ball talking about women's submissive genetics.  Ill let you guys slide b/c jubilee is upcoming and its hard to keep focused.  I started to work on a client project and got on here and decided I will prob go play disc golf and do it tomorrow.

Archived