Send

Drumz

Saint of circumstance

Mr fantasy

Throwing stones

Dew

E: golden road

Think that's it...

After 4+months off from DSO, some world travels and self Discovery, it sure is swell to be back on the dance floor. Reminded I am once again of the power with which they play this music. Delighted, as always, to reunite with DSO fam, old and new, and to dust off those rusty strings one more time.

Show was good, setlist fairly standard. First set highlights for me included half step, stranger, and c'est la vie. Corinna is a fun dancer, post space all groovy to me. Crowed but ok. The puke on the floor in the end was.... Well... Something to avoid. 

I just don't have fun like this in everyday life. I suspect many of us don't. I pick and choose my shows these days but sure do enjoy the crap out of them when I go. Next stop Princeton!

I really like this venue. Too bad the rain spoiled the lot but it didn't spoil a sellout crowd inside. Love the stranger opener and the Brent rap on rooster! a monster terrapin. Cool elective set list. Different. But overall Good times with GRATE people. Awesome to run into some forum heads..Thank you DSO and see you all week!

Haha Yea that is amateur shit. Get off the damn floor if you gotta boot, or better yet...don't drink. There was a lot of puke too, fucked up our whole spot. Made for some  Slippery dancing, but some vomit didn't stop us from getting down 

• Forum MVP

It was chunky puke. It really enhanced my spinning ability. Rick, perhaps next time you should inform the individual of your preferences. Maybe alert the whole crowd. In fact, why don't we just create a platform in which you can dance for all to behold? ;-)

• Forum MVP

"That dude" at the 930 went, all right. And his case was rehashed ad nauseum (no pun intended) here, with a little national TV coverage for good measure. The good news is that it quickly jelled with the beer and God alone knew what all else on the floor there, giving just that perfect sticky residue to help with our en pointe leaps and graceful pirouettes. Herdy wasn't too amused, and Bisco was a tad bedraggled also, but it all came out in the wash. 

5 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:

Sorry I said something. Next time I'll just do a couple shots and throw up too. Puking party. 

Reminds me of the scene in Stand By Me when Lardass drank a bunch of castor oil before the pie eating contest and got the whole crowd yodeling on each other. But, yeah, puke on the floor is disgusting. The Puker probably was in no shape to clean up the mess, but the venue could have sent someone out to amend the safety situation and keep people from sliding around in it. 

• Forum MVP

I stepped in the vomit too, and actually knew it was there. C'est la vie. Everyone makes mistakes. I doubt they did it to personally offend you. I asked security to send a mop but they never did.

I really enjoyed the band's playing on this night.  There were times that felt like they were holding back a bit, but all in all, solid.

Unfortunately C'est La Vie is a low light for me in the first.  The Bob Seger version of that tune is just inseparable from my psyche - I hear that tune and instantly start preparing for a Cest La Vie>Old Time Rock n Roll sandwich... you really would have seen some puke on the floor then! Maybe I just need to get a few more of them or something?  It may grow on me.

Highlights for me were the Terrapin and the Sailor>Drums>Saint sandwich.  BTW, are we certain they did not go into Saint briefly before drums and then return to it after?  Sort of an unusual place to insert The Weight.  The Throwing Stones was pretty standard but I loved song selection.  For whatever reason may been the only time I was able to find a groove.  Just wasn't feeling it that night - it happens.

Meet you all at the Jubilee!

Wish more were camping in the RV area again.  I'm thinking I'm gonna grab an RV pass just to have a place to lock things up in.  Minus the cold showers and the Good Lovin area, I'm not sure you don't get the same benefit as VIP and it's close to the stage.

• Forum MVP
On 5/14/2017 at 4:12 PM, gr8fulpair said:

You're a bigger man than me. I gotta weak gag reflex. 

Since Tea is no where to be found, I figured I'd fill in for him with this gif

giphy.gif

• Forum MVP
On 5/14/2017 at 1:06 AM, Mango said:

Gimme some lovin

Terrapin

Corinna

The weight

Lost sailor

Send

Drumz

Saint of circumstance

Mr fantasy

Throwing stones

Dew

Think that's it...

After 4+months off from DSO, some world travels and self Discovery, it sure is swell to be back on the dance floor. Reminded I am once again of the power with which they play this music. Delighted, as always, to reunite with DSO fam, old and new, and to dust off those rusty strings one more time.

Show was good, setlist fairly standard. First set highlights for me included half step, stranger, and c'est la vie. Corinna is a fun dancer, post space all groovy to me. Crowed but ok. The puke on the floor in the end was.... Well... Something to avoid. 

I just don't have fun like this in everyday life. I suspect many of us don't. I pick and choose my shows these days but sure do enjoy the crap out of them when I go. Next stop Princeton!

standard set list??????  compared to what?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2017 at 11:06 PM, Mango said:

Gimme some lovin

Terrapin

Corinna

The weight

Lost sailor

Send

Drumz

Saint of circumstance

Mr fantasy

Throwing stones

Dew

Think that's it...

Can only speak for myself but after 1 year i am totally jonesing for DSO cause nobody does it better 

Archived