Iko Iko ->
Not Fade Away ->
Sugar Magnolia 

Encore
Uncle John's Band

Filler:

The Way You Do The Things You Do ->

St Stephen

Second show I saw from May 77 this month (Red Bank too). Fun night. Band was amazing. Nice venue. Dancing was killer!

• Forum MVP

I think this was the 1st estimated>eyes the dead ever did.  Saw them do this 5-15-77 St Louis in St Louis a few years ago.  Talk about being soaked.  This setlist is a pure dancer from start to finish plus it was an outdoor show in the summer.  Very cool how DSO finished Stephen as a filler.  I dont remember seeing a setlist where a filler finished a song started earlier in the show.

• Forum MVP

Uniqueness. Every show experience is unique. We, as humans, tend to categorize, define, label, etc, things in an attempt to succinctly understand things. A 77 recreation, a theatre with seats show, a Jersey show, a show at a venue that I've been to before and have preconceptions about. These divisions may have merit and truth, like many stereotypes. But I love being surprised, proven wrong. Anyways, what I'm getting at is that every show is unique and I enjoy marveling at the differences, experiencing each for what it is.

On paper, a night at Penn's peak will be better dancing than a night at the McCarter. Not this time. I had a wonderful time connecting with the music. No one talking over it, lots of space and places to dance, no worrying about bumping into anyone else. In fact, we had some good old fashioned grateful dead hallway dancing! Love it. Good times~

• Forum MVP

This set list looks more conducive to steady dancing then the one at Penns in my opinion. I've had both good nights and bad nights at the McCarter. Pretty sure I met Brian there. He become a dear friend. It was also were one band member took time from his day to ask about my dad after he passed. The place is special to me whether the space and show come together or not. I am sorry to have missed it. 

Plus with the early curfew was always able to get back to my moms for good sleep. 

Archived