Looks Like Rain

• Forum MVP

Weather report for Saturday predicts thunderstorms all night and into Sunday.   Be sure to pack some rain gear.

This show a month ago was in total rain the whole set ...especially hard about an hour in when the crowd cheered for the increasing downpour..   I was  on the rail in center without any umbrella.

• Forum MVP

Interestly just 23 min down the road in Zanesville, OH, there is only 20% chance of rain Sat and 50% on Sunday. Maybe we will dodge the heavy stuff. Just in April our van while returning from the Columbia show missed the area rain, although all around the edges showed rain on the radar while we traveled. We were driving on sunshine evidently☀️Post show. I don't underestimate the power of a couple of thousand happy hippies. But dancing in the rain can be super fun too ! Most notable in my book- Black Mountain 2013 DSO and Alpine Valley 7/19/89. 

A simple twist of weather ??

Packing the Westie ! Super psyched we dropped some weight yesterday. "Traveling light is the only way to fly."

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Dead duck said:

As long as it dont mess with the music it can do whatever it wants overnight. Will attempt to build a rainproof fortress. Unlike Jubilee 1 where all I took was an EZ shade and a lawn chair. 

The only appropriate set up for #1 was Noah's

• Forum MVP
5 minutes ago, 2muchfun said:

The only appropriate set up for #1 was Noah's

Yeah. Keeping that EZ shade upright overnight in that rain was brutal..........  but I did and tho its not in great shape its making the trip again this year👍👍

• Forum MVP

That was the year I brought this massive army tent. It was probably last used in the monsoons of WWII on a pacific island and we didn't even know there were issues until the next morning with all of the overturned tents. I think it would have outlasted a mobile home in a tornado. It had aluminum exterior poles that were almost an inch in diameter. So glad didn't bring the 2 man tent for me and my buddy or would have been hell. 

I was on top of the hill by the fence near the pines for Jubilee #1, and there still ended up being about 1 inch of water on the floor of my one man tent, even with tarps strung overhead. 

I've got a new tent this year, and yesterday I applied a new coating to protect from rain. I'm bringing my large tarp just in case. 

For better or worse, the weather can change quite suddenly in Ohio. 

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Lagerandgospel said:

I was on top of the hill by the fence near the pines for Jubilee #1, and there still ended up being about 1 inch of water on the floor of my one man tent, even with tarps strung overhead. 

I've got a new tent this year, and yesterday I applied a new coating to protect from rain. I'm bringing my large tarp just in case. 

For better or worse, the weather can change quite suddenly in Ohio. 

We got there early and set up under the pines. Not sure how that old canvas tent kept the water out. We added a tarp above it Saturday so we could open the tent without water pouring in. We took old faithful with us year 2 but it never got properly dried from year 1 and the threads rotted. Luckily there was no rain because it literally was coming apart at the seams. The zipper was the 1st thing to come undone. Then other parts of the tent over a few days started coming apart. We laid it to rest on trash day on the following Wednesday. 

• Forum MVP
17 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

RIP tent that got Rude through a festival and about a half or two thirds. 

If a tent got you through jubilee 1 dry, it deserves a eulogy upon death. 

• Forum MVP
44 minutes ago, rudedogggg said:

If a tent got you through jubilee 1 dry, it deserves a eulogy upon death. 

Got to go Viking funeral with that one.  

I was surprised there weren't more inadvertent tent-funerals during Jubilee 2.  Howling winds with fires right next to tents and no pits!  It was a recipe for disaster.   

• Forum MVP

Jubilee 3 a dude makes a fire pit 4 feet behind my tent. I'm like dude u have to move that. He was an ass but eventually moved it away.  Luckily it wasn't crackling type wood. 

Archived