Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Event Title: Springfield, OH 6/27/17
Event Author: Taper Ron
Calendar: Tour Dates
Event Date: 06/27/2017 08:00 PM to 06/27/2017 11:59 PM

Free-admission-small-transparent.png

Presented by Springfield Arts Council

Veterans Park Amphitheater (Turner Amphitheater)
250 Cliff Park Road
Springfield, OH 45504

(937) 324-2712

FAQ's (seating etc.)
Directions/Parking Info

Age Restrictions: All Ages

• Forum MVP

this is a great big venue with a great big stage BYOB free show.... I'm very happy it's back... I will be there and now I don't have to worry about driving to Aurora or Madison as I am out for those shows now... the next day after the Springfield show I've got Dead and Company outdoor show in Cleveland

I'm in!!  Also for Indy the next night.  Egyptian room not my favorite, but my son lives in Indy and hopefully he'll be able to go,too.

Springfield is the best (next to the jubilee).  Glad its back!  Am trying to arrange schedule so that I can make Kalamazoo.  I live half way between K-zoo and Springfield.  I see that K-zoo is acoustic show as it was the last time there.

Safe travels for all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
11 hours ago, Taper Ron said:

Yeah show time 7:00 PM, but Festival Grounds open 6:00 AM

Lawn Chairs OK   Check these links:
FAQ's (seating etc.)
Directions/Parking Info

Oh yea, first time they played there...lawn chairs set up even close to stage on theoretical dance floor...thought at 

10 AM when I was checking scene out how odd. Every year after after same routine...they won't last long lol, never did. No worries about making good showing...look around during middle second set...wow...give 5 bucks for the local charity...show is free!

If you know how check out my more contemporaneous comments on this venue. Rambling I know but excited for Tues

• Forum MVP
On 6/3/2017 at 9:58 PM, oysterhead said:

All in for this one!! So glad it's back. Beautiful venue! My 8 year old daughter will be attending her first DSO show that day. Shes hoping for a Tennessee Jed. I had to explain to her the if we do we do motto.. lol. See you beautiful people there

Did you tell her she's prob got a 15-20% chance of one? ;) But then again thats why we keep coming back. These current pop artists and even solid artists from the 70s and 80s have the same setlist night after night. I've wanted to see the pixies for years but was looking at their setlists night after night and are identical except for a 1-2 songs. How could u follow them. But the good news is I just want to see them once. I've been in my deadhead type bubble for a while. Pretty much dead or panic is all I've seen for 3 years. It's my safe space. I'm a dead snowflake. Seeing van Morrison in September may be strange. His music has a definite dance groove similar in ways to the dead's beat, but man I don't want 50 people videoing me dancing. That's not an issue at any GD related show but do that where half the people will have their phones out and I'm afraid I'll become a meme. 

• Forum MVP
18 minutes ago, oysterhead said:

Oh she knows. Daddy has taught her well. We just Dance no matter what. Can't wait. I need this ..just lost my grandmother today and music is my escape. See you all in 2 days. Peace and love 

Sorry for your loss.  The music will help ease your soul. 

Amd on a bright note, the weather looks epic.  Clear skies with Mid-high 60s at showtime and finishing at around 60 degrees. Can't ask for more perfect conditions for an outdoor show.