RSVP  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Going?

• I'm Going!
    • Uhh Maybe.
    • Can't Make It.

• Forum MVP

Regarding kids on the rail...

I was right behind them and they had a blast, especially with the balloons and glow sticks. I pointed out the importance of dancing. I do think it is important for kids to see adult "play".

On the darker side, at some point during the second set a stranger came down to the rail seemingly more interested in the children...and one boy in particular,...then the music. This was picked on by myself and a fellow DSO aficionado dancing next to me and in all seriousness   

pedophile flags were up!! Using my vast experience of being near rail, I instinctively just went into my mean elbows flying mode of dancing and without saying a word convinced him to leave the area...like I do when wandering drunks approach the rail.

Sad sign of the times....unfortunately for all the talk on this thread of how cool it is to have families and kids around it also attracts this.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum MVP

I'm glad I didn't see that. I loved the family vibe. My lady and I had her 4 year old with us. It made the night special in its own unique way. I am also glad some were there to protect the kid. Hopefully the darkness was from your eyes and no threat really existed but those thoughts get no benefit of the doubt. Right or wrong you gonna leave the kid alone.