Garcia Hunter

sgrmag2564

"The lyrics are worded in such a way, that anybody that hears a Grateful Dead song can interpret it so that it becomes meaningful in their own life...it belongs to you honey, it's yours."

Donna Jean

Don't think I ever heard it explained quite that way, but I been feelin that way for the better part of 40 years.

Peace,

Joe

• Forum MVP

At the height of its power and your openness to its possibilities, This music seems to finally help solve an elusive universal puzzle with a piece that's been missing since you started.  The irony is that while you get a one-blink glimpse of the solution, other pieces go missing with the next blink.  It's cruel but also fitting in a way.

A very well done piece with world-class editing and production.  It could've been 8 hours and still just scratched the surface.  

The story about Morning Dew during Europe '72 was just excellent.  The ending made me pretty sad with a little ray of hope at the very end.  The whole thing together was riveting despite some surprising omissions.

It was a bit strange to see a story about something that has been at the core of my life for so long.  It feels just like yesterday and 10 lifetimes ago - all at the same time.

I'm just thankful for DSO's dedication to this music - it's their life's work.  There is no band delivering the expression with the power and energy that they are.  It's a sight to behold and a true blessing for all of us.

• Forum MVP

We'll said ed. Seeing the documentary made me appreciate what we have with DSO even more. Thank god there's some heads out there with extreme musical talent or the end of that last segment would have been more sad. 

• Forum MVP
14 hours ago, Tea for Texas said:

I'm just thankful for DSO's dedication to this music - it's their life's work.  There is no band delivering the expression with the power and energy that they are.  It's a sight to behold and a true blessing for all of us.

Amen brother

Archived