New Forums

Taper Ron

In the next few days I will be adding two new forums

First will be the Reviews & Setlists Forum, it will work i conjunction with the Tour Information Hub. Thes two forums replace the Reviews and Travelers Forums, with many changes. The posts in those forums was merged into the open discussions forum. NO POSTS WERE DELETED.

Before the show the Tour Information Hub (Yes. I know this one isn't NEW)

The Tour Information Hub is a place to discuss DSO's Tour Schedule, not just the date and location of shows, but to provide insight into the Venue and surrounding area. Restaurants, Hotels and so on. You can arrange meeting place (before and after shows). Pretty much anything to do with that show.

I will add topics giving at least basic information and more in depth data as time allows. Only replies will be allowed in this forum. My intention is to make it easy to find the show you are looking for. and make as much information as possible.  Please add as much info as you can.
A poll to RSVP is provided, please let us know if you are "gettin' on the bus".

After the Show the Reviews and Setlists (This one IS)

When I add a show to Tour Information a Topic will be added to Reviews & Setlists. Obviously, this forum is meant for after the show so topics will be locked until the day of the show.
Theoretically speaking the use of this forum is simple and self explanatory. It is intended for, well, Reviews and Setlists. Everything that happened INSIDE the venue, otherwise it goes in Tour Info.

Between Shows

I will be adding a Now Listening Forum. The now listening thread was a great idea, after 7 years and nearly 1,500 posts it's time is passed. It is one long thread!
With a dedicated Forum posts will be better organized, love that organization (Though if you saw my Apt. you'd never believe it). You can reply to the song you want to reply to. As it is now if you haven't checked in for awhile (maybe you did a west coast tour) you have a slew of posts to go through, maybe some of them you don't give a shit about. With the Forum it is easy to see what is new.

Posting a video is absolutely not required, but you may do so. If you do PLEASE use the video system (you know that thing that almost never gets used). There are a number of advantages to the video system, not the least of which is less of a drain on Forum resources.

When you add a video to the Video System a topic will automatically be added in the forum. It is not that different from posting a topic in a forum. There are three required Fields: Name of the video, select a category (probably Music Video) and Media Embed (where you paste your code from youtube etc). It is not required but you can add a message (Description).  Another advantage to the video system Videos stay there after your post is gone allowing others to enjoy it.  Additionally, it shows in the Sidebar.

There is a link on the navigation bar and I will put links on the Forum itself that will take you directly to the Add Video page.

So, it's like before only different?  The " Bus" is for the same thing as the Travelers Forum - with a head-start.  Certainly a lot more info than from DSO tour dates,  I didn't get the locked  Topics thing at first, but I guess it makes sense.  I mean it is to review shows, hard to review a  show before the show,

I'll reserve opinion on "Now Listening" 'til I can see it  Sounds kike a good idea, if it's as easy as it sounds.  I do like the idea about comments on a song being grouped together,

Archived