Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

• Forum MVP

So thought this would be a good thread for random thoughts or things that dont fit in a category, i.e. Seinfeld like randomness.

So was listening to some pop station today, and some rapper came on in the middle of the song.  I didnt comprehend why it was needed but it seems to be a trend where you have as many people credited as you can.    So......it reminded me of this SNL digital short which was brilliant.  Keenan Thompson is so funny in it.  Its short so watch it.

• Haha (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Tea for Texas said:

8-12 YO boys sure do like to talk about farts - maybe it's just my kids, right?

Something tells me the target-demo is a little wider than that.  Just a guess

I never used the word fart until at prob 21 yrs old. Always hated that word. Am I super weird. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Tea for Texas said:

8-12 YO boys sure do like to talk about farts - maybe it's just my kids, right?

Something tells me the target-demo is a little wider than that.  Just a guess

Remind me to stand in front of you in the fortunate event that we ever meet at a show, aiight?  

• Forum MVP
On 6/20/2017 at 10:14 PM, rudedogggg said:

I never used the word fart until at prob 21 yrs old. Always hated that word. Am I super weird. 

and for me, girls still don't fart. I hate the word, and I sm weird, but extremely normal and rational. I don't like the word....but i love a space I can be random in. I am very random!!   

thanks rude for thinking about a place for me to post;)!!!

• Forum MVP

Bobby is a Libra, an air sign steeped in the love of beauty and possibilities. I think that is why he rewrites his lyrics like in BTW and recently in Throwing Stones at Jiffy Lube. I believe that is why it is his nature to show up with half written songs so they could become. 

I should know as I have 5 planets in air signs-, 4 in Libra- luckily I guess I had two Taurus parents and learned to anchor good things,  out of the cosmos of my being. There is always more than one pathway to something good. 

Aloha. 

• Forum MVP

my nephew is named koa.  he was born in Maui.   my sister has a sticker on her car.  it says ...  practice aloha!!

bobby is a original, and despite my bobby hating, he is like the big brother I will never be, but because I will never be....I tease.. ...

never teased someone I never loved!!   Will Rogers

Aloha

• Forum MVP

PG, I didn't know you were into a astrology (tho I'm not surprised). Of course you're Air!

Interestingly, while Bobby's sun is in Libra, his moon, Mercury, Venus, and Jupiter are in Scorpio. I would expect a bit more reticence to share his trade but Mars is in the playful, 'look at me' sign of Leo.

I'd like to see a full write up of each band member's natal chart and how they interact. Perhaps I will do it...

• Forum MVP

:)!!!  it's astronomy you two, and the constellations are a arbitrary set of stars anthropomorphized into meaning based on no knowledge of science and the rules of it that make study of observation good science.  

It sounds cool, and I truly believe time and season of conception will impart similar characteristics of others in a regional capacity.  for instance, December babies from Buenos Aires are different than December babies from South Carolina....the whole hemisphere thing......

north africa , though the med makes different climate shares longutudial exactness with many us cities.  

medetereanian, same as Midwest..mid east.....

why....because syamerians, babaolonians, Egypt, large geometric formations with the stars, gave rise  to the words you two discuss, which is impacted by the fact the three of us share similarities in seasonal experience due to the longutudial relationship.  

I think its why so many of you all were born in December.  

I would.live to know the ratio of people in this board to their b date.  

sorry.  not trying to impugn your thoughts about "astrology", as I am trying to convince you it has more to do with terrestial factors than stellar!   

however, the cosmos was and has been our constant of time keeping, a important factor and evaloution of humanity, so a seemingly causal link, but arguably misplaced. However the romantacism of distant features  having effect on us is not, though human/ego centric in root,  wrong in my eyes, as I still subscribe to the decorative ideas of romantacism, in that the extraterestial does influence the terrestial life, but not so much as I believe it.  

it does seems to take away the real reason for similarties of behavior and personality by birth dates, and stellar and planatery alignments based on Earth's location in a universe larger than many can even come conceptualize, and more multiple than many people know.

short cut to thought...but a great intro into the deeper philosophies and science of astronomy, and human development.  it gives creedance to human obersvation, but also gives rise to false explanation.

thanks for encouraging me to think about certain things again.  it's been a while.  nice to feel my brain working more and not my heart.

remember though....constellations looked different just 10,000 years ago, and it's only 2017 on Earth, and it's existence in it's parallel universe, but that I don't know for sure!!

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

2 hours ago, bs69 said:

Is there a cure for "Trailer park boys"addiction or am I screwed?

Dreaded affliction  ..  Consult the magic 8-ball for additional guidance  ..

Just watched this movie  ..

200w.gif

Again.

Someone give me a stupider movie that they like.

I need to be entertained 

• Forum MVP

4th of July fireworks seemed to be missing something this year.............

I know what it was.  They werent playing dead while shooting them.

• Forum MVP

I highly recommend the movie Baby Driver.  Fantastic soundtrack as music is a key part of the movie and just a bad ass movie in general. It's a theater must see. Don't read anything about it. Just go in blind. It's stylish intense action/suspense. That's all you need to know. Im an ultra rough movie critic and this movie was stellar. I think being a GD fan makes us expect perfection a little more with our art than other people who are ok with disposable art like much of today's pop music. 

• Forum MVP

Good article about the experiencing self and the remembering self regarding vacations(tour). The remembering self favors new experiences and many different ones. Taking 2 week vacations has much less impact on our mental well being than shorter ones with different experiences. Also says planning well in advance and talking about the experience after will add to that. I guess the planning in advance gives you something to look forward to and remembering can bring back the happy memories. I'm a firm believer in this. Having a trip always planned on the horizon definitely will keep the blues at bay. With nothing to look forward to, life has you by the balls. If nothing else, jubilee is a great constant and provides lasting memories. Also I believe part of the differing experiences involves the different people we interact with. I'm using tour as an example as my travel is nearly exclusively devoted to music as we have no kids, but hanging with varying groups of great people is also key to me and even interchanging friends into different groups like our fun Boulder group creates a different dynamic that varies the experience even more.  God forbid I'd have limited vacation like 10 or 15 days a year but if I did I'd be exclusively doing as many 3-4 day weekends as I could do. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/theres-scientific-reason-why-2-145000104.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Trying not be the 'Get off My Lawn Guy' but I might just be.  Wait - I totally am.  I'm glad that managing people is not a central aspect to what I do for a living or I think I'd go mad.

I currently have a team of 8 that I work closely with each day.  4 of them are normal, hard-working, reasonable people.  4 of them have the following traits in-common to some extent or another:

• They only work on what they want to work on in spite of their job description
  • They're chronically late to work at least 2 days per week
  • They're challenged to compose coherent business communication
  • One of the 4 asks for a raise at least 1x per month
  • They get into arguments with clients
  • They text me to say they aren't coming into work
  • The entitlement vibe is extremely strong
  • They think I'm an ass
  • They are all under the age of 30

I've only hired one of these folks so only so much can be my fault.  I'm a good guy to work with/for:  my door is always open, I've used suggestions/feedback to change as many things as I can, I provide all forms of recognition, I come in early and stay late to help them whenever they need me.  My only real limitation is my proclivity to post on a GD-inspired jam-band forum-site from time-to-time.  

Is there something else I need to do to tap into the spirit of the Millennial to make things better for everyone?   I can't fire them all at once.

Anyone?  Dear Abby?

• Forum MVP

I'm no Abby but common sense dictates that you give them all raises, have neither set working hours nor job requirements, implement a bonus policy that rewards any attendance whatsoever, and certainly remove all obligations to communicate in any manner with mere clients or customers.

Fucking Gen X and Boomers. We can't die off soon enough.

• Forum MVP

This ain't their future so they don't care. Plus they are probably partying until 3am like most of us did on our 20s. The key is for you to stop caring. Drop out and tune in, bro...