Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

• Forum MVP
On 1/20/2018 at 10:01 AM, Tea said:

Herbie Hancock’s Watermelon Man album is maybe the the best thing ever.

That is All.

I love headhunters. They played it at setbreak at black mountain this year. 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, bs69 said:

Does trash reproduce under the snow? Everything always looked so dirty when the snow melts

My melted snow had roof pieces in it. Roof cracked from ice and water came in. Have to pit a new roof on this week and roofers cane to scrape the snow off my roof on Friday to minimize the leakage. 

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Just wanted to let many of you know how much I miss you.  No need to name the individuals, you all know who you are.  

It feels like a curse to love, it is a sword that can be a curse, but it's also a sword that protects, projects the beauty of what it means to be human, what it means to care, to miss, and to want to reconnect.  

I hope I can reconnect here soon.  I have plans for it, but even if love is real, plans can still fade. 

I heard a voice yesterday I have not heard in a long while.  You made me smile brother.  Despite out differences, I still love you.

I passed through Atlanta for work.  I got to stay with a person I truly admire and respect.  He and his wife fed me, shared with me drinks, I nearly watched him fall in his lake.  10% ipa will do that.  

But he reminded me how this music has given me friends that I will always have, love, and cherish. 

TR once shared with me the power of these forms.  Being me, I thought I knew what he meant, but being me, I foolishly did not truly understand the depth of his words. 

Through laughter, experiences, love, and defeat, I now understand how beautiful it all really is.  

How beautiful this place is, how beautiful you all are.  

Thank you DSO, thank you TR, and thank you beautiful people for enriching my life!! 

Though distant these days, for reasons many of you know about, I am still here and with you all in my heart, and I know many of you feel the same.  

We can get off the bus, but the bus still always waits for us to get back on.  

With out love in the dream, it will never come true.  Thanks for keeping my dreams alive through all the love and support offered. 

Your starheads are most certainly the best of the best, and I am lucky to still have the light shine on even the darkest star!! 

Thank you!!

• Like (+1) 5

• Forum MVP
On 3/14/2018 at 12:23 PM, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

Just wanted to let many of you know how much I miss you.  No need to name the individuals, you all know who you are.  

It feels like a curse to love, it is a sword that can be a curse, but it's also a sword that protects, projects the beauty of what it means to be human, what it means to care, to miss, and to want to reconnect.  

I hope I can reconnect here soon.  I have plans for it, but even if love is real, plans can still fade. 

I heard a voice yesterday I have not heard in a long while.  You made me smile brother.  Despite out differences, I still love you.

I passed through Atlanta for work.  I got to stay with a person I truly admire and respect.  He and his wife fed me, shared with me drinks, I nearly watched him fall in his lake.  10% ipa will do that.  

But he reminded me how this music has given me friends that I will always have, love, and cherish. 

TR once shared with me the power of these forms.  Being me, I thought I knew what he meant, but being me, I foolishly did not truly understand the depth of his words. 

Through laughter, experiences, love, and defeat, I now understand how beautiful it all really is.  

How beautiful this place is, how beautiful you all are.  

Thank you DSO, thank you TR, and thank you beautiful people for enriching my life!! 

Though distant these days, for reasons many of you know about, I am still here and with you all in my heart, and I know many of you feel the same.  

We can get off the bus, but the bus still always waits for us to get back on.  

With out love in the dream, it will never come true.  Thanks for keeping my dreams alive through all the love and support offered. 

Your starheads are most certainly the best of the best, and I am lucky to still have the light shine on even the darkest star!! 

Thank you!!

Brother, the bus is, and always will be, sittin in frontov yo house with the motor runnin. We be waiting. Very patient like. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
On 3/16/2018 at 8:08 PM, PoetryGirl said:

How does a band go from cool to wrong? 

Houses of yhe Holy into some cotton stompin jig. Because they are in  “Chalott”

Wow did you get a houses of the holy>cotton eyed joe?   I’ve been waiting for that combo forever. 

• LMAO 1

• 2 weeks later...

More than once I'm observing my dog who is concentrating on something i can't see and after a few minutes he starts growling and getting agitated at this something that's not there, I've heard stories about this trait in canines but now I've seen it and it really freaked me out

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Somebody spent way too much time lecturing me on how I should raise my children.  Apparently raising principled boys of character and compassion wasn't good enough.  Well here's how I see it:

Give_1f9afb_2128730.gif

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

Today is the 30th anniversary of my first Grateful Dead show.  

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1988/4/11

I really didn’t quite understand the hype - it was like an inside joke that thousands were in on.  

I skipped school and went (was taken) on to Chicago.  It was like nothing I’d even imagined - my DNA got changed and that was it.

Like it was written in my soul.......❤️

• Like (+1) 6

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Tea said:

I really didn’t quite understand the hype - it was like an inside joke that thousands were in on.  

I skipped school and went (was taken) on to Chicago.  It was like nothing I’d even imagined - my DNA got changed and that was it.

Nice. Happy anniversary 

• Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, Tea said:

Looking out on the crowd in Atlanta at my first show 30 years ago, l looked out upon the revelry during Terrapin Station and was awe struck at the joy exuding from the fans. The first glimpse at the ability to release the angel within that is THE goal at a show. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

This "too many cryin in my beer songs person didn't know he was getting a rare rebirth of To Lay Me Down (which we got in Hampton). Tea, you really got the wild intro to your 30 yr trip when you got that Scarlet Fire first set opener in Chicago! I've reference the minglewood from Joe Louis before as won of my favorites when Jerry and Bobby run the main lead together and Brent joins in, just synchronicity at it's finest

• Forum MVP

I liked the Stella Blue the most even though I hadn’t lived enough life to really get it.

I remember being shocked about 2 things: The fact that the band members never moved from their spots and were not even slightly demonstrative.  Weird.  

Second - It was BOTH their drummers birthday’s!!!  What were the odds?  Turns out those odds weren’t very good after all.

• Forum MVP

at the carrier dome in Syracuse 84, they didn't even have the stage lit up, just this weird little outline of each musician could be seen from the upper upper eshcalons. After experiencing Pages's duck walks and Townsend's windmills this was something very intriguing, then BAM 85 hit!! and 85 hit hard if you were impressionable and into music, it then became about HAVING to do the whole tour to get the She Belongs or cryptical, or ?????