Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

• Forum MVP

I just passed a trailer boat going the other way on a road near the Chesapeake. Big letters down the side of the boat; ESTIMATED PROPHET. I call my twelve foot megayacht ' Box a rain'. She's fifty years old this year. I put a new transom in it this winter. Looking forward to splashing her and going looking for arrowheads on the beaches. That's all, thanks for letting me share.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

http://dailyom.com/cgi-bin/courses/displaycourselesson.cgi?clid=1838&aff=0

powerful meditation for the day. 🍭

I had had time to edit my first day Jubilee comments, a perspective couched in the day before and night 2 happenings. Sometimes you just ha e to get it down before time carries you away and edit later

Horrible Dead and co. show tonight in Camden N.J.

They are lifeless,un-initiated, unexciting, and on the verge of as boring an act as I witnessed  in my concert lifetime of about 40 years. Dark Star Orchestra will Ramble on Roll over them and leave them Dew covered.

and John Mayer may be a better guitar player than me(I'll give him a run for his money though), he really needs to listen to some Jerry Tenn. Jed or even Jeff's solos to get an idea of what to do. 

and I'm sticking to it!! 

• Forum MVP

Yea, I watched a clip of Jack A Roe break out and turned it off. It was sad. But, hey, Johnny learned a new song. Jeff is doing a phenomenal job channeling Jerry. Dark Star is it! Don’t tell anybody, though. They’ll just crowd the venues, triple ticket prices. Next thing you know, DSO will be playing stadiums and I’ll be in the nose bleed section watching through binoculars. Sshhh, it’ll be our little secret.

• Haha (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I’m gonna see D+C in about a week.  I so wish it was DSO on tap but I’m hoping for a better effort from D+C then how their tour has started.

The local radio station says:  “The Grateful Dead and Company - together again!  Playing all their hits from the last 50 years!  Don’t miss this groovy experience!”

Oh brother.

• Forum MVP
39 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

.... Dark Star is it! Don’t tell anybody, though. They’ll just crowd the venues, .... Sshhh, it’ll be our little secret.

We are very blessed to have DSO like we do in smaller shows. There are so many positive things about our times with DSO. I think back some forty or fifty years ago when we could see bands like the Grateful Dead or the Allman Brothers on Sunday afternoons in the park....and now many of these bands are impossible to enjoy in the big arenas and stadiums.  I sometimes wish well for our band, thinking they deserve the fame and fortune of being big time rock and roll stars but then remember that would change their lives and probably be a turn off in the long run.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Michael Doc Watson said:

We are very blessed to have DSO like we do in smaller shows. There are so many positive things about our times with DSO. I think back some forty or fifty years ago when we could see bands like the Grateful Dead or the Allman Brothers on Sunday afternoons in the park....and now many of these bands are impossible to enjoy in the big arenas and stadiums.  I sometimes wish well for our band, thinking they deserve the fame and fortune of being big time rock and roll stars but then remember that would change their lives and probably be a turn off in the long run.

Peace and Love,

Doc

Everything is exactly as it should be and will grow accordingly. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

That was a river in the streets. But luckily it made drive by shootings next to impossible So Camden concertgoers got lucky. The average daily murder tally if 3 in Camden was reduced to 1. That’s goid news 

• Forum MVP

I just don’t get the deadco infatuation. I guess if you don’t want to shake your bones it’s ok but if u wanna dance the tempo ain’t there. You do have a shitload more energy after their show than Dso though. I never feel sore post deadco. They are very psychedelic but I need tempo. I want that runners high where I’m dripping wet and my heart is beating out of my chest. What’s weird is I had fun at the 5 deadco shows I saw last year but watching that tour opener free stream made me despise it. It’s a live in person only event in my opinion. You get the epic sound system and light show but at home I’ll play dead. Unfortunately Dso can’t fill football stadiums because that jubilee type sound system is epic. I love the big sound. We canceled seeing deadco tomorrow in Cincy after watching how the band has regressed. It sucks missing a “local” show but gonna see hyryder in Evansville Friday then lots of Dso 2 weeks later (and 2 deadco shoreline but I’m looking at it as a big party). 

Ooooh and on CashorTrade a nice lady found my post looking for a pair of tix to moe and Phil July 1 at TXR and it’s not an easy ticket transfer. 1st time there for me. Sunday afternoon outdoor show!!!  Now my summer tour is fully booked!!! Booyah. 11 shows. 7 in 7 days is gonna be rough as both my feet are pretty damaged after jubilee. Honestly I don’t know if I can handle Dso tempo anymore. My body is fighting back. But many of Dso summer are reserved seating and I may actually take advantage of that. I was telling someone at jubilee that I can handle people looking at me thinking I’m a weirdo dancing but if I’m sitting and they are like this guy doesn’t get it, my self esteem can’t handle that. The weirdest feeling I’ve had in the last year was when my legs gave out with the flu during JRAD Madison(literally the muscles refused to fire). During I know you rider, I was THE only person in the venue sitting.  I felt so weird. Too much of everything wasn’t enough anymore to keep me moving. I couldn’t even balance myself. The fatigue was so overwhelming. But the only thought I had was someone is like that guy doesn’t get it or he’s not a deadhead. My self esteem these days can handle about anything but that. Weird how our minds work. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
33 minutes ago, Rude said:

That was a river in the streets. But luckily it made drive by shootings next to impossible So Camden concertgoers got lucky. The average daily murder tally if 3 in Camden was reduced to 1. That’s goid news 

Two years ago, Camden, summer solstice,I went spontaneously after running into a couple on their way to the show at WaWa (convenience store) in Delaware. Dirty, work clothes, boots. I got lost in the dregs of Camden fo about 45minutes after the show. I blew off stop signs, didn’t stop driving until I found a bridge. I’ll never go back. Yes, I can do GPS now. Gonna research Atlantic City DSO on Jerry’s death date, room too. Then Dewey.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

David Ball  and Walter Hyatt  of “Uncle Walt’s Band” were both from Spartanburg, SC.  Lyle Lovett used to open for them. Lovett styled his hair after Walt’s doo and said sometimes when he played there was only one person in the audience,  Walter Hyatt. There is today’s little ditty for ya. 

• Forum MVP

So, I learn the other night that my. Cousin passed away at 47. I learned last night that my 86 year old father fell and broke his leg. He’s been battling breast cancer for 20 years. I went to visit him in the hospital after work today. He was shook up, I’ve never seen him look so ‘not good’. While driving home from Wilmington, back to the Eastern shore, my heart was in a new place. Thinking about my parents lives coming to an end. I watched the sun sinking low, shining on the recently harvested wheat field. The electric wires along the road glowed with the gold of sunshine. Almost home, I turned off the main road, towards my neighborhood. Some one had attached a Grateful Dead flag to the stop sign. White flag, stealie, dancing bears, on a pole, in the breeze. That’s all. Thanks for letting me share.

• Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

So, about a year or two ago, I stopped in town to grab a cup of coffee. There was a Toyota Land Cruiser in the parking lot with a huge stealie in the back window. I went inside, there were just a few people. It was clear to me who owned the truck. I walked up to him and ask, Are you a dead head? He smiled and said yes. I asked him what year he got started. He said, 1985, Hershey, Pa., had a blast. After the show,  the band went North and so did I, got home sixty two days later. He said, my parents were like, ‘We thought you went to a concert?’ He said, I did! True story. I love it!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I was having a fantastic dream  last night but when the dream took a turn,  I awoke abruptly. 

So in my dream, I was hanging with some friends on the front row just behind the “orchestra” seats. Sweet spot right ? We had all the space to hang and dance. The show opens with Bertha -> Don’t Ease Me in, Everybody’s dancing and having a blast. The music is sounding good. They start playing Lost Sailor and with all this room,  I was loving the space to twirl and spin and pas deuce beurre. But then the band went into Victim or the Crime. That is when I stopped dreaming and abruptly awoke. I guess that scared me. 😂 

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

I was having a fantastic dream  last night but when the dream took a turn,  I awoke abruptly. 

So in my dream, I was hanging with some friends on the front row just behind the “orchestra” seats. Sweet spot right ? We had all the space to hang and dance. The show opens with Bertha -> Don’t Ease Me in, Everybody’s dancing and having a blast. The music is sounding good. They start playing Lost Sailor and with all this room,  I was loving the space to twirl and spin and pas deuce beurre. But then the band went into Victim or the Crime. That is when I stopped dreaming and abruptly awoke. I guess that scared me. 😂 

YIKES!

• Forum MVP
12 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

.... The show opens with Bertha -> Don’t Ease Me in, Everybody’s dancing and having a blast. The music is sounding good. They start playing Lost Sailor ....> Victim or the Crime. That is when I stopped dreaming and abruptly awoke. I guess that scared me. 😂 

So in a week after the Deadbase book arrives will I be able to find this initial part of the set list and see what you missed?

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1