Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

• Forum MVP

When you woke from your dream, did you feel the need to use the bathroom? Could it be that when the Dead played Victim or the Crime , you took the opportunity to use the Ladies room and really there’s nothing wrong at all? Sorry, I had to ask. With all due respect, I hope you appreciate my sense of humor.  

• Haha (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

close friend of mine has developed and is distributing, when he gets the time to complete each sleeping mask, 

lucid dream devices that allow you to be conscious while dreaming, he got 15 of them started with a group in Hawaii this summer. 

He ain't so interested in making a mint, more so in dream exploratory, there are those who want to cash in on this tho

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

When you woke from your dream, did you feel the need to use the bathroom? Could it be that when the Dead played Victim or the Crime , you took the opportunity to use the Ladies room and really there’s nothing wrong at all? Sorry, I had to ask. With all due respect, I hope you appreciate my sense of humor.  

I know, right ???

My gf recounted last night while on tour her night severely went terrible on Victim. Everyone’s demeanor changed and lurkers emerged. And  then the song careening into Drums Space was no relief. To run to the bathroom would have been a safer place  for rizzle, 

• Like (+1) 2

I am sitting home wishing I was at Hampton Beach right now. Flashback to May of this year , looking forward to the Jubilee Red Rocks and rest of Summer tour... I should know better than to try to make plans. Jubilee comes up and find myself tight with cash so I figure Maybe I will borrow $50 so that I have money to get to work for the following week.  that shouldn't be a problem I think I can go. A good friend of mine calls and tells me his brother committed suicide services are that Thursday. Come Thursday I'm thinking maybe I can leave early Friday morning make it to the Jubilee. Thursday night I get a call somebody I was trying to help get their life together overdose on heroin and dies, services on Monday. no Jubilee but at least I'll be at Red Rocks. A couple weeks before Red Rocks I go to get my monthly phlebotomy. for the last 4 years I've been getting phlebotomies every month because I have too many red blood cells.  I go for the phlebotomy and they tell me we cant take your blood you're anemic. don't get me wrong Red Rocks was a blast But difficult being low on red blood cells and the altitude. okay well I'll do the best I can and make it to Hampton Beach. My Subaru has a wheel bearing that is just starting to go. I can't complain I have two hundred and sixty six thousand miles on the original wheel bearings. But not feeling like it's wise to drive up there without getting bearings done first and that will have to wait. Life is a fucking trip. Pints of blood work, I'm being scheduled to get a scope down my throat and up my ass, Aug 3rd dental appt to get estimate on having five teeth pulled one Crown put in at least one cavity fixed and denture or Bridge or whatever the fuck they do... ( no dental ins. Ouch) oh yeah almost forgot on Monday I have to schedule a CT scan on aorta to make sure aneurysm doesn't blow out.  OK now that I got this fleeting moment of self-pity out of the way I need to say Fuck it, it is still a great day to be alive! I'll see you all in Asbury and Black Mountain...

• Forum MVP
On 7/29/2018 at 11:29 AM, cnjBrian said:

Of course. Fuck me!

At one of the Cal shows a guy next to me said is this black peter. I’m like yes. He said it’s one of those songs I just never really cared about enough to dig into the lyrics. I said it’s one of the most important, if not most depressing, songs hunter ever wrote. He then listened for around 30 secs then started talking to his gf for the rest of the song. 

• Sad (neutral) 2

Why is Black Peter special to me....

Listening to BP from Europe (I think)  last night I commented to a friend how this is probably the best blues song ever... This song has a way of putting all that life and death is into its proper perspective. I had spent a couple /few years listening to BP multiple times a day because the lyrics and bluesey groove was my life...

"all my friends came to see me last night, I was layin in my bed and dying" 48 staples closing me up and coming back to life while a priest is giving me last rights and the friends that came to see me.

"Just want to have a little peace to die and a friend or 2 at hand"  my mantra for two to three years of nothing but the horror of what I had become...

Wanting to die but " one more day I find myself alive tomorrow maybe go beneath the ground"  This was a comforting thought...

See here how everything lead up to this day and it's just like any other day that's ever been. The pain of knowing the life your living will be the life you die from and having no hope it could ever be different...

The people may know but the people don't care that a man can be as poor as me. Take a look at poor Peter he's lying in pain... poor in spirit and extreme physical pain but the physical was minor in comparison to the spiritual pain.

Black Peter brings me back to a life I was dying by and forward to the grateful life I live today...  See here how everything lead up to this day and it's just like any other day that's ever been... 😀❤️😀

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

http://blog.smu.edu/research/2018/06/11/people-who-deeply-grasp-the-pain-or-happiness-of-others-also-process-music-differently-in-the-brain/

good read , esp the part about related to unsung music. Picked this up while reminiscing about Guy Clark and trying to nail Texas 1947 for an upcoming performance. I believe this article has some relevance to DSO and the Grateful Dead. Got to sift through it though.

• Forum MVP

On this day in 1995, I was about to walk out the door, take my kids to Valley Garden Park. I think it’s some DuPont family members old back yard, Brandywine Valley. My buddy called me. He said I just wanted to let you know Jerry Garcia died. I let out a moan  of sorrow and said, ok, let me go. I continued on to the park with my children. When we got to the park, there was a car in the parking lot with the back end covered in dead stickers. Someone sitting behind the wheel, quietly, window down. I didn’t say a word. I just let him be. My young children and I went for a walk through the park, just lolligagging along, taking our time, enjoying the ride. It was just like any other day that’s ever been, just a little sweeter.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

It was a swift kick to the junk for sure...I wasn't surprised but I will still shocked if that makes any sense. 

It took me awhile to really enjoy other music since I couldn't connect to it like I wanted to - like I had.  I accepted 'IT' was gone forever and then I found DSO - that was one holy crap moment!

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP

Love this quote:

There’s no way to measure his greatness or magnitude as a person or as a player. I don’t think eulogizing will do him justice. He was that great – much more than a superb musician with an uncanny ear and dexterity. He is the very spirit personified of whatever is muddy river country at its core and screams up into the spheres. He really had no equal.
To me he wasn’t only a musician and friend, he was more like a big brother who taught and showed me more than he’ll ever know. There are a lot of spaces and advances between the Carter family, Buddy Holly and, say, Ornette Coleman, a lot of universes, but he filled them all without being a member of any school. His playing was moody, awesome, sophisticated, hypnotic and subtle. There’s no way to convey the loss. It just digs down really deep.

- Bob Dylan

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
On 8/7/2018 at 12:52 PM, Ammagamalin Crew said:

http://blog.smu.edu/research/2018/06/11/people-who-deeply-grasp-the-pain-or-happiness-of-others-also-process-music-differently-in-the-brain/

good read , esp the part about related to unsung music. Picked this up while reminiscing about Guy Clark and trying to nail Texas 1947 for an upcoming performance. I believe this article has some relevance to DSO and the Grateful Dead. Got to sift through it though.

This must be true because when me and my buddies are on tour, all we talk about in the hotel rooms is how sad suffering in other countries is and how we want to make a difference. That’s why we like the dead. We cry all night thinking about sad stuff. That’s just the type of people we are. Ne’er a bad word about anything or anyone. You would think we were the salt of the earth if you listened in when our close group communicates. Salt of the earth. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • LMAO 1

Brings back fond if somewhat embarrassing memories as a teen all geeked out and talking endlessly till the sun came up about how we would save the world.... We couldn't even help ourselves... Not saying you guys are geeked or anything else. Just recalling memories of the ignorance of my youth...in part we were actually helping to destroy the future of humanity through dispersing very antisocial elements that had no real value to anyone... In retrospect on the other hand psychedelic indulgences had a deep impact that has forever change how I view the world and I believe has an ongoing benefit to those I am in contact with today... Saving the world by helping to expanding the consciousness of one individual has an exponential effect as they go on to do the same... Just some random thoughts 🤓

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I think Rude post was sarcastic tongue in cheek. I rarely hear these guys talk about saving the world. More like finding the nearest strip joint. 

or....  "Can we buy beer in the lobby?",  "How long is the drive to the next show", " "Can we sleep till noon and still be there on time?",    " For breakfast I want six packs of sugar in the coffee and a plate totally full of bacon"

Peace and Love, Doc

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 2

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Michael Doc Watson said:

or....  "Can we buy beer in the lobby?",  "How long is the drive to the next show", " "Can we sleep till noon and still be there on time?",    " For breakfast I want six packs of sugar in the coffee and a plate totally full of bacon"

Peace and Love, Doc

Does Uber run out here?

Where can we get muscle milk and sushi?

We need to eat dinner by 4pm?

What time is check-in?

What time is check-out? 

What is the actual showtime?

Is there Re-Entry?

Where is the smoking section?

Does the venue have a coat-check?

Where's my ticket?

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, Tea said:

Does Uber run out here?

Where can we get muscle milk and sushi?

We need to eat dinner by 4pm?

What time is check-in?

What time is check-out? 

What is the actual showtime?

Is there Re-Entry?

Where is the smoking section?

Does the venue have a coat-check?

Where's my ticket?

So Ed, what is it again that you actually do for a living?

Who's sleeping with Sunny?

Is that a blood splatter on the wall?

Do these shorts make my ass look fat?

• Like (+1) 2