Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

• Forum MVP

Depends on how they sounded and if they were doing 70 shows a year. If Jerry was alive, it would probably depend on him being in semi retirement by now. More on the phil train then the Bobby train. Would Bobby Tour with Mayer Mickey and Billy if Jerry and Phil decided to sit it out?  I see more like 20 dead shows a year. 15 Jgb shows almost all California than 70 shows a year if Jerry was alive. Of course we all just guessing and speculating. Nobody knows. 

If jerry and the boys were rolling out 100 show a year, I wonder how big panic, cheese, and Phish followings would be. 

• Forum MVP

I think they meant if the dead was still touring like 95 and Jerry wasn’t in a drug fog. There’s a large portion of deadco people who think they are brilliant. The dead was brilliant so I’d have zero time for any other band unless they played in my hometown. At shoreline we were hanging with guys who did all Colorado Dso shows and they weren’t happy with deadco’s style either and were looking forward to redrocks but if the dead was still the dead with at least a 1989 Jerry, we’d never be talking on this forum. There were voids to fill when Jerry died. I’d guess most went to phish, panic next and for people who those 2 didn’t cut it, they found Dso, gave up live music or accepted that it was over for them. I think lots of the “it’s over for me” people are now on the deadco train not even knowing about other bands. You’d be surprised how many people at deadco shows had never heard of JRAD. Everyone knew Dso or had heard of them. But no one had heard of JRAD. At Dso shows people are more knowledgeable and had heard of them but at deadco, nope. Everyone around us at the panic Nashville show had seen a Dso show in the last year(of course at panic im talking up Dso). Was strange. But then again people think Mayer is the savior. Vomit. My self confidence couldn’t take having to wear a Mayer is dead shirt. I’d be so embarrassed afraid people would think I’m a poser, b/c if you wear that shirt you sir, are. There’s some of my absolutism. But I don’t have 1 tour friend who would be caught dead in a Mayer shirt relating to dead. Even the gf who likes Mayer’s solo stuff hates him in deadco, but it’s not really fair because she’s a bobby fanatic and not just short short bobby but granddad food in beard bobby. Chicks are weird ;)

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I remember someone said that it doesn’t matter what you wear just as long as you are there. But since it seldom turns out the way it does in the song I know you can’t believe everything you hear.

i have no idea when my next show will be, and since the few folks that know me don’t think too positively of me anyway, I think this will look very sporting when I finally get out and about. The “Mayer is Dead to Me” ones look nice but they could be misunderstood as an intentional double entendre and I don’t want  there to be any confusion about where I stand.

66FDF112-6CBE-43A4-9E24-18FE08BDCBED.png

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
38 minutes ago, chuckvegas said:

I remember someone said that it doesn’t matter what you wear just as long as you are there. But since it seldom turns out the way it does in the song I know you can’t believe everything you hear.

i have no idea when my next show will be, and since the few folks that know me don’t think too positively of me anyway, I think this will look very sporting when I finally get out and about. The “Mayer is Dead to Me” ones look nice but they could be misunderstood as an intentional double entendre and I don’t want  there to be any confusion about where I stand.

66FDF112-6CBE-43A4-9E24-18FE08BDCBED.png

You obviously need some live music if you think people think negatively of you. Buy that shirt and wear it to a show!  U need one bad. 

• Forum MVP

Remember, the last Grateful Dead tour was known as the tour from hell. Gate crashes, a porch collapsed killing or hurting a bunch of deadheads, etc. Phil had said in an interview, not sure when, that the last five years weren’t that much fun for him. Jerry was having more fun, I think, doing what he was with David Grisman. After Bruce Hornsby passed on joining the Grateful Dead full time, the only thing that kept me going was that somewhere in the show, even if it was just one song, Jerry would simply blow me away. That, and the fact that it was Obvious  he was dying and then we wouldn’t be able to see him play. The Grateful Dead was running on fumes and inertia after Brent died. I’m not so sure they would have continued in their current form. They may have needed to evolve some more, maybe they had run their course.  Maybe they would have gone their separate ways, doing their own thing with the music. Jerry told somebody in 1995, ‘I ‘m not going to make it through the year’. After the tour, he laid down and died. He gave the best he had to give. Everything in this world has a life span. A few years of mourning and uncertainty, the right group of people got together, and the time is right for the music to be born again and move forward again. Dark Star Orchestra picked up the torch and proceeded to learn and love and grow once more. They have the benefit of a bit of a road map, to be able to learn from the mistakes of the ones who went before them. They do have that indescribable intangible that makes them so special, just as the Grateful Dead was. This reincarnation of the music that is Dark Star Orchestra seems to be a healthier, more vibrant, longer lasting version. I intend to keep this oasis as part of my life’s style, for the long haul. Thank you, entire band, for your sacrifice, deadication, and commitment. You are, oh, so appreciated.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Get me a Mayer’s Mark shirt. I’ll wear it for irony sake. I don’t think anyone that knows me will be confused on where I stand. 

And Chuck you’re the one in one million. I’m blessed to have known you and none of your jaded ass comments on this forum change that feeling. One of the special few. Wise funny strange but a touch of class and respectfulness you don’t find much these days. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

https://youtu.be/MiZZcYiScAc

Signing on from Georgia these days.  Atlanta, the New York of the south.  Be nice to get a dso run down these parts.  

1 mile away from the chattahoochee,  I can see why that muddy water meant some to some....

Its fun to see these gd dance remakes.  I see so much of soul train and other moves like PF in mine and your alls dance.  

I think all yall dance better, but the link is all I got at the moment, so I thought to share.  

Missing the music, missing yall.  I really dont want to grow up, because I am a Jerry's kid, but now currently cloaked like superman in slacks and a tie.

A girl at worked laughed at me yesterday, said it was cute how innocent I was;)!!!

It's funny how and who we can be with out the restraints of previous knowledge.   So why not always dance like monkey with those arms extended from the get go, at any show.  It will always be normal if that's how you start!!

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

Missing the music, missing yall.  I really dont want to grow up, because I am a Jerry's kid, but now currently cloaked like superman in slacks and a tie.

Miss you too brother - Been too long!  We Gotta find a way to make it happen soon

• Forum MVP
On 9/26/2018 at 12:13 PM, Tea said:

Miss you too brother - Been too long!  We Gotta find a way to make it happen soon

Isn’t the gang getting back together for the norva>anthem? Heard a rumor that Gr8tfulpair is getting psyched for it. Maybe it will be like it’s always sunny “The gang goes to the jersey shore” episode. I did get the idea to sneak in booze in lotion containers from that episode. Charlie just drank the lotion. Either way works. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...