Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

• Forum MVP

So before I start the story I’ll just apologize ahead of time if you are a fan. I am not but didn’t know I hereditarily passed the hatred down until today. 

Had a a meeting with counselors at my sons school today. Routine thing we do once a year just to make sure he isn’t falling behind in anything. Teachers each sent notes to the meeting and most were just usual stuff. 

“He is fine”

”well behaved” 

“no problems” 

Now some of you know how he is with his knowledge of music and it’s not limited to the Grateful Dead. I’d put him up against just about anyone in music trivia of 50’s 60’s and 70’s music. Anyhow then we get to his radio teachers comments

”Luke is very enthusiastic in my class and is a joy to teach.......... except when he often debates me telling me how Bruce Springsteen sucks and how overrated he is”

I laughed through the whole meeting after that. Literally shed tears and offered to excuse myself. 😆😂😆

Again sorry if the Boss is your guy but I had to share somewhere. 

• LMAO 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

This is the one who wrote Atlantic City, Because the Night, Brilliant Disguise, Incident on 57th Street, Jungleland, Nebraska, Tenth Avenue Freezeout, Tunnel of Love, and some others that were on the radio a lot, right? Just want to make sure that this is the same guy here.

Not that being on  the radio a lot or writing songs others take to near perfection necessarily means someone is any good. That Dylan dude is an example of that.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Love the Band’s version of Atlantic City

He also wrote blinded by the light. 

Chuck please don’t compare Bruce to Bob. Defend him all you want but Bruce Springstien will never be the songwriter or anywhere’s close to the level of songwriter that Dylan is in. Simply another class. 

I certainly wasnt tryin to rag on him. I don’t change the channel when his songs come on the radio. I usually sing along. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1