Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

So do any of you ever watch some show that reminds you of something then go on a 2 hour binge while drunk of say flight of the conchords clips?  I tend to see something that sends me on these manic binges of things like this. I went on a mini binge of Workaholics the other day after seeing those guys in a movie. Man I really want the sun to fucking shine..........

Winters almost over. This was a rough one. I need sun. Maybe a shithole studio apt in LA is worth it....or maybe it’s all in my head and won’t matter anyway...even though I think the Midwest in the winter is about as bad as it gets. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I had a vivid dream last night that I was in the parking lot before a Dark Star Orchestra concert, getting ready for the show. I woke up in a really good mood. I can’t wait to go back to sleep tonight and see what they play.

I bet you get a 69.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Man - life is indeed cruel at times.  Just flat out sinister even.....

I have to remind myself that I'm not owed anything for trying to be a good person.  There is a tendency to think there's some kind of moral equivalence that if you do something nice for someone that they should do the same for you.  It's stupid to think that way and it's your fault if you get upset because someone doesn't respond in-kind.

Be yourself - do what you feel is right - and that's it - you'll be free.

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Tea said:

Man - life is indeed cruel at times.  Just flat out sinister even.....

I have to remind myself that I'm not owed anything for trying to be a good person.  There is a tendency to think there's some kind of moral equivalence that if you do something nice for someone that they should do the same for you.  It's stupid to think that way and it's your fault if you get upset because someone doesn't respond in-kind.

Be yourself - do what you feel is right - and that's it - you'll be free.

Sometimes it's the people you go out of your way most to help out,  work the hardest to reach out and meet,  that seem to be the least appreciative. 

I actually wrote a bit of "poetry" about expectations f I may be so bold to call it that. 

Expectations are the drag in the room,

The purgatory of a customer service line. 

The cancelled flight, an airport plight

The downer, an energy vampire.

The dream will never unfold.

A story cannot be told

When held captive to a fixed page. 

Life, made of stardust and light,

Breathes in ebb and flow. 

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

Service to others. Give, help, inspire. Do this because it is the right thing to do, knowing that Karma is real. Your prayers do get answered, probably not how you anticipate them to, but they do get answered. 

Once in a while, you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places, 

if you look at it right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

A study came out that shows that the obesity level of pets is increasing rapidly. Back when there were no leash laws your pets could go exercise by themselves. Now with free range animal parenting frowned upon and you may even get charged with a crime if your 3yr old animal bites someone. Imagine if you were bit by a dog 50 years ago how many lawsuits would be filed.  The answer is 0. Today dak Prescott’s dogs broke their fence and bit someone’s finger and they are wanting a million dollar payday.This is all contributing to the pet obesity epidemic. #releasetheleash

• Forum MVP

I got bit by a customers dog last year. If not for quick thinking, that dog would have done a lot more biting. The owner took it back to the humane society. I ran into the director the next week. They didn’t put the dog down. Instead, they put it back up for adoption. They do not put a dog down until it bites three people.  True story. I’m wondering if the dog obesity problem is that eating humans is fattening.