Random thoughts and randomness in general

Rude

1 hour ago, Rude said:

Had a nice little win betting on maximum security. Haven’t seen the payoff yet but watched it at a bar and was like sweet he won and then went to hit a music club. That $20 bet should pay near $100. 

Hopefully you didn't bet that Max Security would win, cause after he won he was disqualified.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/06/sports/maximum-security-kentucky-derby-appeal.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Yesterday's bike ride sponsored by

03/26/90 Albany, which featured

Blow Away to close the first set.

With Pig-O-Rama Hamilton show still

fresh in the mind, I felt Brent channeling

his inner Pig during the "wait a minute"

rap at the end of the song.  The material

continues to surprise.

Jubilee on the horizon.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was listening to the Stephen King short story "Apt Pupil" today in the work truck, and there were a few passing mentions of a person called "Billy DeLyon" as an acquaintance of the main character. Pretty cool, never noticed it before, wonder if it was an intentional nod. King is a Grateful Dead fan and Jerry loved King's work.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I have a Grateful Dead sticker on my riding lawn mower. I wonder if that’s why my grass looks so good. Gotta be. Right!?

Haha, that’s an awesome post, Greg.

i can’t help but thinking if the grass is the victim or the crime here?

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

This nonstop rain from the hurricane brings back fond memories of The Pocahontas show years ago. But it’s not 69 degrees and night and I’m indoors and none of my friends are turning blue. Those were the days. Only time I’ve ever seen people dancing in a literal foot of water. This is the rainiest year I can ever remember. It’s supposed to be 95 every day and cooling down in the pool. This year it’s taking 10 pounds of shock a week to keep the pool from becoming a pond. The spring frogs are still here because I can’t keep the chlorine level high enough to run them out for good. Oh and i have these frogs who are so loud that you can’t hear the tv inside at night. I’m afraid I’m going to get cited for noise ordinance statutes and I’m not kidding. The neighbors don’t say anything but I know they can hear them indoors. It’s deafening outside. And when it rains they really sing....So global warming is going to make my area a summer rain forest?? At least I’m on the Ohio and not the Mississippi. It’s mid July and the river should be super low. Craziness. 

• Forum MVP

We had those conditions here on Delmarva for the last two years or so it seemed. Ain’t no sunshine....

this year we’re getting good rain, everything is lush but it’s only raining at night and on Sundays. The perfect year for people who work outdoors. I haven’t lost any billable hours to rain. Ok, that’s a lie. Just a little bit.

• Forum MVP

So normal rain to this date from January 1st is 27 inches. We are at 48. July so far 4.5 and normal is 2”. 10” last 45 days and this is summer........

This is a pic I just took. They are everywhere 

BF786-E17-217-C-4685-999-D-1-AD7-BC21812

• Forum MVP

We have peeper frogs around here. They get loud at sunset. It’s not a real enjoyable sound. I feel for ya. I’m a big fan of sunshine. Last year was so bad that I actually got used to not wearing sunglasses at all on some days. That’s saying a lot, I wear sunglasses on cloudy days. I DON’T wear them at night, though. 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

I’ve been so happy and excited at a show before that I have contemplated a cartwheel but my better angels have held me back, might pull a hammie. Still considering a somersault but it better be soon, not getting any younger. 

About 6-7 years ago when my nieces were in to gymnastics I decided to prove “uncle Shaun can do a damn good cartwheel” and I did, also pulled my groin and missed two days of work. 😆😆

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Yea, I used to be pretty good on a skateboard, old school style, even doing handstands. A few months ago, my son came to visit with a couple of his friends. He dug out my board and everyone was taking a turn. Well, I tried a handstand for the first time in many, many years. My ears  are still ringing from the laughter that I generated with that feeble attempt. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
On 7/25/2019 at 6:54 AM, Greg from Chestertown said:

Yea, I used to be pretty good on a skateboard, old school style, even doing handstands. A few months ago, my son came to visit with a couple of his friends. He dug out my board and everyone was taking a turn. Well, I tried a handstand for the first time in many, many years. My ears  are still ringing from the laughter that I generated with that feeble attempt. 

I'm pretty sure i could still do s kick flip but I'm wary of falling and hurting my wrists. I value playing music far more than seeing if i can still kickflip. Skating as a teen was my precursor to dancing. I still love watching skateboarding, and Damn they're good these days!

• Like (+1) 1