Who's sleeping with Sunny?  

You Are

Is that a blood splatter on the wall?  Yes

Do these shorts make my ass look fat?

Definitely

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 3

• Forum MVP

It’s time to ban phones at Dso shows so our brethren can dance like no one is recording!!!! It’s pretty tacky to record people letting loose. You see it a lot at non dead type shows but it’s rare at a dead show. Most should be getting down themselves and should try to outdo the dancer they want to record vs recording them and posting online. I may make a comment how it’s rude to record other people and put it online even though I’m no longer on social media and my only access is through the gf’s accounts and shed prob be even less pleased to know her name was associated with one of my legendary, sometimes brilliant, sometimes annoying rants. Chuck can attest to the annoying ones. 

On 8/15/2018 at 6:28 AM, Michael Doc Watson said:

or....  "Can we buy beer in the lobby?",  "How long is the drive to the next show", " "Can we sleep till noon and still be there on time?",    " For breakfast I want six packs of sugar in the coffee and a plate totally full of bacon"

Peace and Love, Doc

I would never make those comments(besides the sugar in my coffee) because I will already know the answer to those questions 2 weeks beforehand. As Gr8tfulpair will attest he can just sit back and enjoy as I already have the itinerary set months in advance and know the distances b/t hotels and all associated details. My real life may be a mess but on tour I’m structured and on a schedule. My west coast trip planning was perfection down to where in Yosemite we wanted to camp to get back to the bay the quickest(crane flats of course). I’m like a cray supercomputer when it comes to trip planning. Within 5 minutes of seeing a schedule I know how it’s gonna play out. I can’t remember a setlist or people’s names until I meet them 10x but distances, dates and time analysis are spot on. 

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP

I have been filmed. I have been photographed. I have been mocked. I have been emulated. I am not able to shed light, much less master. If I was more coordinated I would be less of a spectacle. Most others here are poetry in motion.

And I strive to listen to the music play and to ignore those recording for posterity. Interlopers are irritating but transitory as they tend to get bored and move on. 

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

Yea, I had a couple interesting interactions with other people at the couple of shows I caught last week. I hate to go negative but it takes all kinds. At the end of the day, I pray for those people. They’re really missing the boat on what’s important and what matters, to be able to enjoy life. I’m pretty excited about simply being alive. I dance like nobody’s watching or everybody is watching. Take your pick. I don’t care.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

South and Midwest seem to get down more than anywhere else so less gawkers. It’s likelt to do with we have very little else. Big east coast cities are bombarded with activities. Midwest and south aren’t so we blow it out. Even cali seem more subdued than Cincy Indy Milwaukee. 

• Forum MVP
On 8/15/2018 at 6:47 PM, Tea said:

I hate to say, but I remeber that night, day, weekend!!  I.miss you all.  I miss black.mountain.

I hate adult stuff.  I wanna be a kid with money forever!!

3 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Some people have special powers, ; some have talents. Others have gifs

On the other hand, and I hope I dont seem narrasistic, bloated, or full of myself, as I have been labeled all.the above, with a fierce definitive,    but, I swear, I wake up every morning with special powers, talents, and gifs!!  

The powers from the morning juice, the talent, my ability to roll my tounge in places....:).........and the gifs T or Vegas always supply!!   I think I can consider myself well rounded!!  But...I missed black mountain, again.  

Love yall kind folk.  Please be safe and have a real good time!!!

• Forum MVP

I am reading back, and am confused.  please dont tell me you all draw straws on who sleeps with sunny?  Dont care what Cosmic says.  Bangladesh street walkers smell much better these days.  And, sunny always takes a three hour, maybe drown in the tub, shower post show.  

Wouldn't be fun if it wasn't weird!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmhG1whgMvp/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=137e737lpbigi

It's every show, and I have learned to feed off of it.  What I do realize, you never look as cool as you feel, and the cute smiles, and the butt rubs are really just laughs,  and invitations; because women also think after a few drinks men around here start looking good!!

Fuck....I wanna wanna, but i got to admit, i cant continue onna... 

• Forum MVP

Omg.   The way the light shined, it look like that sunny guy is going bald.  

Reality, not Grace Kelly, or Bettie Davis, but still super hot with out words, and only with expression.  As I wrote.  The gifs come from masters. 

Second reality, stress produces dht. Testosterone, breaks down into dht.....men with drives at mid 40 liken to 18 year olds, might worry a bit about dht, as it attacks hair folicals.  

How does it happen you grow more hair on your ears then your head.  

It was all fun and games until the video link, which I just really looked at.  

I have seen my elders.  They dance with passion and past.  I respect those before me, but I never thought I might be those before others. 

What do you do when you cant do as you want?

At what age do men think they are not 20? Or does that even happen.  

I have literally sat and watched, with amazement, the energy of others before me at shows.  

Hmmmm..   hmmmm.....  hmmmm....   speechless and scared.    What happens when the body cant keep up with the mind?  I just got over the mind fuck of reality....now on to the physical fuck of the mind?  

Vegas, not Grace Kelly, no Bettie Davis eyes, but the expression is worth more.than any words can offer!!!  

That link smacked me hard tonight.  Vanity....a whole new meaning of life!!!

• Forum MVP
On 8/18/2018 at 9:06 PM, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

I am reading back, and am confused.  please dont tell me you all draw straws on who sleeps with sunny?  Dont care what Cosmic says.  Bangladesh street walkers smell much better these days.  And, sunny always takes a three hour, maybe drown in the tub, shower post show.  

Wouldn't be fun if it wasn't weird!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmhG1whgMvp/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=137e737lpbigi

It's every show, and I have learned to feed off of it.  What I do realize, you never look as cool as you feel, and the cute smiles, and the butt rubs are really just laughs,  and invitations; because women also think after a few drinks men around here start looking good!!

Not sure if you come out of those 1 hour showers cleaner or dirtier. Thankfully u douse the shower with bleach after. 

• Forum MVP
On 8/18/2018 at 10:06 PM, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

And the elders ask, when did you stop dancing? As a person? As a people? That is why you are sad. No time to hate.... poor souls. 

It's every show, and I have learned to feed off of it.  What I do realize, you never look as cool as you feel, and the cute smiles, and the butt rubs are really just laughs,  and invitations; because women also think after a few drinks men around here start looking good

Why care about cool? That is one measuring stick I fail to meet. And the invitations? Watch out for vampires. They just want your joy, but for what cost? . Not a soul union- a meeting of souls- intermingling of kundalini- the essence of you and that one swirled together. To touch and feel the light of a thousand sunshines condensed into that wonderful being of you made more of interatomical  space than not. I recommend getting  a vintage car with manual locks and see if the lucky gal unlocks for you on your side after you let her in.  Like a vintage MG.

🎼”Let me roll it to you... like a wheel....”

Wish you had been at Blk Mtn! Good vibes bursting into dance always welcome. There are never too many stars in the heavens. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Why are the best all spoken for?  To love words more than bodies, to have both.  Depth is a rarity in my simple world of VBSD.  A affliction all towns have.  It's a Social Disorder.  It's funny how childhood memories and experiences propel one forward.  To remove the constraints of the isolated and strangeness of formative years.  To try and  be cool because you never were, until you found a traveling tribe of your own kind.  I will always have feelings of inadequacy, but it's why I dance so open with the tribe you speak of.  I can never be less than with people I love more than.  Mental blocks still exist....perhaps its reason for over compensation.  But to overcompensate with tribal rhythm is a freedom I wish for everyone!!   

Words impress more than a kiss, and I watched a bronx tale last night.  It was a random,  but now I know why it was not a random.  Quantum realms offer clues why our nose itches when we are thought of or talked about.  But, it does not always have to be a itchy nose.  It could be something much deeper, and it usually is with this crowd. 

Most everyone wants to be cool once in their life.  It's a bit ironic to find that coolness in the heat of the music, and the vibration of bodies dancing to the sweet sounds we all love.  

Warmest regards,  and smiles for miles and miles!!!  

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

so, I’m at my nephews wedding about ten years ago. My other brothers son came down from Maine for the wedding. We’re all hanging out on the dance floor at the reception, talking, dancing, oh, and drinking. I tell my nephew from Maine about Dark Star Orchestra and how he needs to catch them when they play up that way. He proceeds to tell me the best story. His mother, before she met my brother, went on a date with this guy who took her to a Grateful Dead concert in Philly. She was not a deadhead. Before the show, this guy takes her out to lunch with his friend. So, they go to the show and the band comes out on stage. My sister-in-law says, ‘hey, that’s the guy we had lunch with.’ It was Jerry. My sister-in-law had lunch with Jerry Garcia and was clueless. True story. 

Edited by Greg from Chestertown
Typo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Love, love, love my wife. With all my heart, mind, and soul. However, we could not be more different concerning the Dead or, in this present day, DSO. 

Before i I bought my ticket for the 11-29 National show (shameless plug: if anyone knows of a way I can get a VIP ticket to that show...), I called my wife and asked her if she wanted to go. It was more obligatory as I already knew the answer would be “no,” but I then asked her if she thought our daughter would like to go (she’s eight). She said she'd ask and then text me in a bit. 

The text came, the answer was “no,” and I went online and purchased my ticket. End of story? Nope.

I picked my daughter up from the sitter’s place and as we were driving home, I asked her why she didn’t want to go see DSO. As best as I remember it, this was her response...

”Mom said that if I went, I’d get bored pretty quickly because going to a show like that was like listening to the same boring music over and over again, except only 10 minutes at a time.”

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

Is there a vip option for the national?  Maybe meet and greet but it’s all GA and can get a tad oppressive. It still holds a special place in my heart as it was the 1st New Years run and I met cosmic mike for the 1st time and made sure goingbacktowhere actually made the shows. It was also the 1st show I took the GF to in 2014 when she was still mostly unfamiliar with the dead. Now she’s like i hope the play an eleven after St Stephen. 

On that note I already miss my boys. It’s time we go ahead and make a plan for these shows. We should do all 4 but I could live with norva and DC. I’ll handle the hotel bookings ;)

6 hours ago, Rude said:

Is there a vip option for the national?  Maybe meet and greet but it’s all GA and can get a tad oppressive.

There is. The VIP there is the front part of the balcony that is - according to the good folks at the National - 50 feet from the stage. I sat there last November (great story on how I got that ticket swap) and the seated view is spectacular.

It’s not just the seats though. I’ve sat in the balcony for many shows there. The seats and the view just aren’t as good. Rather, it’s the private entrance, the private bathrooms, the private bar, and the general “uncrowdedness” that is well worth the price of admission that I desire. 

The National, however, doesn’t sell individual show VIP passes; one purchases a VIP pass for a year at $5000 that gets you two tickets to every show for that calander year from purchase. 9/10ths of the shows there interest me not one bit, but for the others, based of of my one singular lucky experience, it is worth finding someone not going to the show.