Fall Tour Announced!

Taper Ron

TX, KS, CO, NE, OH, MI, IL, WI then west to CA

Salina, KS one week before my birthday.  Hard for me to imagine DSO in Salina.  Maybe it's changed, haven't been there in many years.

Lawrence is more of a DSO (that was where I first saw them).

I just finished getting the Summer Tour shows ready to enter in the Calendars.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Leg #1

9/21 - San Antonio, TX - The Aztec Theatre
9/22 - Austin, TX - Stubb's Austin
9/23 - Dallas, TX - House of Blues Dallas...
9/26 - Salina, KS - Stiefel Theatre for the Performing Arts
9/28 - Boulder, CO - Boulder Theater
9/29 - Boulder, CO - Boulder Theater
9/30 - Boulder, CO - Boulder Theater
10/2 - Omaha, NE - Slowdown
10/5 - Cleveland, OH - House of Blues Cleveland
10/6 - Cincinnati, OH - Taft Theatre
10/7 - Columbus, OH - Express LIVE
10/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - The Intersection
10/12 - Detroit, MI - The Majestic
10/13 - Chicago, IL - The Vic Theatre
10/14 - Milwaukee, WI - Pabst / Riverside / Turner Hall

• Forum MVP

Right on...

I can't wait for months till they hit NW again in Feb...

Boulder already looking good...the wife's never been there and always wanted to go there...good time of year for us to pull it off and she just told me that after seeing the long strange trip documentary she has a whole new appreciation of the entire GD phenomenon and that we should just go for it...😄😄think I got this one in the bag...she would come to 1 or 2  shows and I'd be STOKED to hit all three...

i need to to go back and read Boulder theater reviews but any input on that venue and general vibe appreciated...

I LOVE Colorado in late September when the Aspens start turning colors...

i needed this perk right now 

(wife just randomly said to herself,,'Boulder, here we come!') 😆😆

The door is open,,gotta go through it

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Island Bro said:

Right on...

I can't wait for months till they hit NW again in Feb...

Boulder already looking good...the wife's never been there and always wanted to go there...good time of year for us to pull it off and she just told me that after seeing the long strange trip documentary she has a whole new appreciation of the entire GD phenomenon and that we should just go for it...😄😄think I got this one in the bag...she would come to 1 or 2  shows and I'd be STOKED to hit all three...

i need to to go back and read Boulder theater reviews but any input on that venue and general vibe appreciated...

I LOVE Colorado in late September when the Aspens start turning colors...

i needed this perk right now 

(wife just randomly said to herself,,'Boulder, here we come!') 😆😆

The door is open,,gotta go through it

If huck is in, I feel almost obligated to do Boulder. If I'm solo I'll prob drive and do Salina b4 Boulder.  Passed that town 20x on the way to and from Colorado every Christmas and Central Kansas is exactly where I want to see a DSO show, seriously. That's the most intriguing date on the calendar to me. It seems like more where the band would be stuck with bus troubles than play a show and that's why I want to figure out how to work that one. Unfortunately this ain't summer which means school for some so logistics may make this unworkable. But after getting texts from other great friends about Boulder and the chance to dance carefree with huck as well as the amazing weekend just recently there, it seems like I don't have a choice. 

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, rudedogggg said:

If huck is in, I feel almost obligated to do Boulder. If I'm solo I'll prob drive and do Salina b4 Boulder.  Passed that town 20x on the way to and from Colorado every Christmas and Central Kansas is exactly where I want to see a DSO show, seriously. That's the most intriguing date on the calendar to me. It seems like more where the band would be stuck with bus troubles than play a show and that's why I want to figure out how to work that one. Unfortunately this ain't summer which means school for some so logistics may make this unworkable. But after getting texts from other great friends about Boulder and the chance to dance carefree with huck as well as the amazing weekend just recently there, it seems like I don't have a choice. 

That's a great choice to not be able to have! I hope you can swing it Rude!

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, helpfrankslip said:

hold on ,so placerville is the only cali show. Tell me it ain't so 

Well,,they did make it clear that west coast ain't in full swing again till February so I was a little surprised by the Pacerville gig...but yeah...a bit sparse for out west! 

9 hours ago, helpfrankslip said:

hold on ,so placerville is the only cali show. Tell me it ain't so 

A lot of open days between 10/27 and 2018.  To date they have played 263 shows in CA ...(drum rollL...SIX in KS

8 hours ago, rudedogggg said:

It seems like more where the band would be stuck with bus troubles than play a show

That, my friend, is exactly how I feel about Suh Lye nu   Reminds me of a tale, I'll tell it in a new thread, wouldn't wanna hijack this one.

• Forum MVP

I'm not a huge fan of the boulder theater but a good group of dancers dancing with purpose can hold it down. I also get to sleep in my own bed although may get one night at the boulderado hotel is bad ass. 

• Forum MVP

So the gf has no classes during the Boulder and chicago weekend. Booked Boulder. We saw circles around the sun after deadco at the Boulder theater and it wasn't close to sold out and it was super tight. The sound was awesome though. Some shows you just have to deal with less dancing. They cant all be like this last Egyptian room show where everyone had a 15x15' dance area to themselves behind the soundboard.  It will also leave a little energy for Owsleys after the show for some dancin in the streets.  Had the best time dancing outside near the open window next to the band. Boulder is straight up awesome!!!!  Keep those adventures coming!!!

Finally enough reason to return to TX! Thank you DSO and great friends in Austin! RT prices to dallas are super cheap right now FYI for those considering 3 night run in TX! Thankfully Austin is the blue dot... I can vouch for Stubbs... it is a great, lax venue... crew is cool, food and drinks for all available. Austin is a joy to explore anyway as it is... enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I was gonna try to do the game and DSO but as it's currently looking, doing Cleveland and cincy and have to head home ultra early Saturday for the gf to get to class on Saturday.  But...she may be able to skip the class for a double header. Go Terps!!! (My brother went to Maryland or I'd be rooting for Ohio state. Just kidding. I'd never root for Ohio state ;). Unfortunately, you will likely win by 60. This year no on should be able to touch Ohio state. They should have an easy road to the playoffs. 

Archived