Rainbows

• Forum MVP

Rainbows…..  Why do they seem to occur more often at a GD music show ?  There was the double rainbow about ten years ago at Lakewood show which happen to be on Jerry’s birthday….. A couple years ago at Black Mountain we had a rainbow….  At Saratoga Springs a rainbow appeared behind us near the end of “Looks Like Rain”….  And why did it rain at that show only while that song was being played?  Did Weir fit the song into the weather or was there something deeper going on? …   The other day I counted five different shows with rainbows but I can’t remember them right now…  What have you seen?

• Forum MVP

First Dead reunion of the 4 members after jerrys death at alpine valley - 2002. Robert hunter did a solo set. During his set a giant full rainbow appeared and one end of the arc landed directly atop the stage roof. He had no idea why the crowd was going crazy. He humbly smiled and kept right on playing. A sentinel moment in my Dead career. 

• Forum MVP
On 7/6/2017 at 7:27 AM, Michael Doc Watson said:

Rainbows…..  Why do they seem to occur more often at a GD music show ?  There was the double rainbow about ten years ago at Lakewood show which happen to be on Jerry’s birthday….. A couple years ago at Black Mountain we had a rainbow….  At Saratoga Springs a rainbow appeared behind us near the end of “Looks Like Rain”….  And why did it rain at that show only while that song was being played?  Did Weir fit the song into the weather or was there something deeper going on? …   The other day I counted five different shows with rainbows but I can’t remember them right now…  What have you seen?

Lysergic?

• Forum MVP

just got nearly punched by a client.  I actually asked him to.  sometimes physical pain is a welcome, as it heals much faster.

I know this thread is of positive light.  A celebration of the miracle of the electromagnetic spectrum, and the ability for water droplets to separate the chaos into Individual components.   

I see Jerry, Bobby, Phil, Mickey, and Bill ..... others like the Bear, Hunter, and Barlow.  Many more, all resonating with vibrations of Individual color, while others not seen, still felt like UV and IR.   A combined effort of the seen and not seen into a wonderful mass of collective beauty, we call the Greatful Dead.  Likened to the wonderful nature of light..electro mag spectrum.  it took every wave length to get where we are now!!  

my story is not cheerful.  it's not a celebration, and though I saw a rainbow, and the boys, I witnessed the mercy Death don't have.

1995 RFK.  last time I saw the greatful dead.   it was hot.  took my sister....her first show.  she told me years earlier that my fascination with the Dead was a fad.  I guess it was, just wondering when the faster will pass;)?

we ate some fungus, enjoying the lot, I just finished a very rudimentary dance underneath overpass at the same place the drums circle had played summer after summer.  

my sister laughed how I looked dancing.  what she did not know about me was that I always wanted to dance like beautiful hippy girls I have seen before.  sounds odd, I know, but men never danced as beautiful as some of those hippy girls.   I wanted to experience that beauty.   sounds gay, whatever, maybe it is....but smelling flowers I to enjoy, and the beauty of a women still moves me brightly, ironically, so hath destroyed s lot in me.

my sister and a friend, Pete Sampras look alike.  like for real look alike.....walked back to my 4runner.  it was a 4 banger, on 35 knock off Mickey Thompson's.   started raining...how awesome...the dust storm rfk sucked.....rainbow appeared, twice, double bow....next to each other.....ran back to truck because of lighting and the heavy rain.   we laughed...got high, and boom. 

lighting hit the oak tree we we're under.   it blinded our fungus minds, it made our skin raise.  the electromagnetic force, so intense, let loose, and strick three people.  all of which was with in my body's length.  

I have to get back to work....but I want to continue the story.....  it deserves a quality write.  not my typical misspelled, fuck it, they will understsnd my meaning, post. 

to be continued..... 

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

just got nearly punched by a client.  I actually asked him to.  sometimes physical pain is a welcome, as it heals much faster.

I know this thread is of positive light.  A celebration of the miracle of the electromagnetic spectrum, and the ability for water droplets to separate the chaos into Individual components.   

I see Jerry, Bobby, Phil, Mickey, and Bill ..... others like the Bear, Hunter, and Barlow.  Many more, all resonating with vibrations of Individual color, while others not seen, still felt like UV and IR.   A combined effort of the seen and not seen into a wonderful mass of collective beauty, we call the Greatful Dead.  Likened to the wonderful nature of light..electro mag spectrum.  it took every wave length to get where we are now!!  

my story is not cheerful.  it's not a celebration, and though I saw a rainbow, and the boys, I witnessed the mercy Death don't have.

1995 RFK.  last time I saw the greatful dead.   it was hot.  took my sister....her first show.  she told me years earlier that my fascination with the Dead was a fad.  I guess it was, just wondering when the faster will pass;)?

we ate some fungus, enjoying the lot, I just finished a very rudimentary dance underneath overpass at the same place the drums circle had played summer after summer.  

my sister laughed how I looked dancing.  what she did not know about me was that I always wanted to dance like beautiful hippy girls I have seen before.  sounds odd, I know, but men never danced as beautiful as some of those hippy girls.   I wanted to experience that beauty.   sounds gay, whatever, maybe it is....but smelling flowers I to enjoy, and the beauty of a women still moves me brightly, ironically, so hath destroyed s lot in me.

my sister and a friend, Pete Sampras look alike.  like for real look alike.....walked back to my 4runner.  it was a 4 banger, on 35 knock off Mickey Thompson's.   started raining...how awesome...the dust storm rfk sucked.....rainbow appeared, twice, double bow....next to each other.....ran back to truck because of lighting and the heavy rain.   we laughed...got high, and boom. 

lighting hit the oak tree we we're under.   it blinded our fungus minds, it made our skin raise.  the electromagnetic force, so intense, let loose, and strick three people.  all of which was with in my body's length.  

I have to get back to work....but I want to continue the story.....  it deserves a quality write.  not my typical misspelled, fuck it, they will understsnd my meaning, post. 

to be continued..... 

Wow, I am aware of that incident at RFK show......part of the darkness amid the final summer '95 tour.

Glad you survived!

• Forum MVP

True to the way the second set list unfolds here, there was a rainbow involved at this show.  Or should I say more rainbows than those that occurred at every show ever, including the indoor ones. :)

A cool personal note is I would have been unaware but for the fact that my buddy wanted to boogie in the rain a bit because he is corpulent and it was hot and humid as it tends to do in Indiana in July.  I spent every other set played at Deer Creek in the pavilion, other than the inaugural 1989 show (which is underrated thanks to the doings at Alpine to follow), where I experienced Close Encounters on the grass.

https://archive.org/details/gd94-07-20.sbd.darkstar.12596.sbeok.shnf/gd94-07-20d01t01.shn

Archived