Taper Ron appreciation thread

Dr. Barry

• Advisory Board

It's been said before...

Ron, you are THE MAN!

I love the effort you put in here. The new additions to the Forums are great. The tour listings are nice and full of detail that I will use. I know that takes a lot of work. The Forums are elegant and easy to use and that's all you. And you don't even get out and see most (almost any) of these shows. A real labor of love. 

I can't thank you enough. Except to say "thank you". You've gone through a lot and you still do this for all of us here who love this band. 

Eternally grateful,

Dr. B B)

• Forum MVP

Going back to the old DNC and the first iteration of this forum, TR has not only shed light but mastered.

"Thank you" doesn't begin to say it all, but it is a nice condensed version of heartfelt gratitude. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

• Forum MVP

Cheers to Ron for his tireless commitment to make this place what it is.  I never would have had some great experiences with wonderful people were it not for him.  

While life has made me much less of a prolific poster on here, this place makes me very happy!

Words are great and Ron deserves all the superlatives BUT don't forget to pass the hat from time to time.  DONATE!  Love makes the world go round but doesn't pay the bills...

Thanks Ron :)

• Forum MVP

TR, my appreciation for you is measured by leaps and bounds.   

your a inspiration to heal thy self, to find recovery when there is no reason to recover.   a beacon of sacrifice, a hidden gem helping others shine like diamonds.   

words exchanged over the years have meant more than you know!!   words shared recently have flattered, but also encouraged!!  

we love seeing you back with post!!   

we love you brother.  thank you from what heart I have left, and then some!!

GD has always had a rock, and that rock transcended and channeled through a person. who is now TR.

love you brother.  thank you for all you do for us, for a community trying to keep the spirit alive!!!

• Forum MVP

Thanks Ron. Without your tireless work, most of us would still be strangers. As Steve winwood said "if it was the straight life we had, we wouldn't have known you all these years".  Not sure what my life would be like now had you not created this forum. There would be no where to have peer pressure applied and the band would have made significantly less without your work. In Black mountain 2013 because of this forum I met gr8fulpair, tea for Texas, sunny and several more who don't post enough to remember their forum names. My 1st New Years run in 2013 was b/c people I'd met through here start posting about doing the run and we messaged each other and combined forces to travel together. Had never met cosmic mike but through forum messages before that run. In black mountain in 2014 I met poetry girl and her hubby and introduced them to around 10 forum people. I know that encounter changed their trajectory too. Having many friends at a show adds to the fun and makes you more likely to attend a show u wouldn't attend. The great thing about forums is that you get to know someone before you actually meet them so it feels like you have been friends for a while on that 1st in person meet. It alleviates the awkward moments and makes it much easier to make plans at your 1st meeting.  No telling how many additional tickets you helped sell. You are the bands greatest unofficial promoter. I can say without hesitation that I've done at least 50 extra shows because of this forum and people I've met through here. MC is probably the 2nd best unofficial promoter of the band, but you make all of this possible. 

Thanks!

Aaron

• Forum MVP

Rude, 1st you lose the dogggg in your moniker, then you post a real same sign-off?  What the hell is going on here?

Ron, I don't see all that many DSO shows, and while I don't know in person too many folks on this board, I'm better for those that I do. But just as importantly, you've provided, IMHO, the most hassle free place on the interwebz to discuss all things Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead.  And that is another aspect of your legacy that should not go unappreciated. 

I don't know what to say, you're kind words humble me and are much more than I deserve.  You all have kept me going through some "times"

I wish we had the forums when I was active!

There's nothing I can say that touches how I feel - I Love You All   :lala:

On 7/7/2017 at 4:31 PM, Dr. Barry said:

The tour listings are nice and full of detail that I will use. I know that takes a lot of work.

Hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew!

On 7/8/2017 at 8:03 AM, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

thank you from what heart I have left

My Friend, you have a great big, kind, caring heart.  You can't bullshit a bullshitter!

• Forum MVP
On 7/8/2017 at 7:50 PM, John A said:

Rude, 1st you lose the dogggg in your moniker, then you post a real same sign-off?  What the hell is going on here?

Ron, I don't see all that many DSO shows, and while I don't know in person too many folks on this board, I'm better for those that I do. But just as importantly, you've provided, IMHO, the most hassle free place on the interwebz to discuss all things Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead.  And that is another aspect of your legacy that should not go unappreciated. 

Considering there are only 5 John A's in the entire country, I figured you would understand. Plus the dogggg was an old fraternity thing and the rude moniker tends to seem more normal than the ridiculous 2nd part. 

• Forum MVP
On 7/8/2017 at 8:30 AM, Tea for Texas said:

Cheers to Ron for his tireless commitment to make this place what it is.  I never would have had some great experiences with wonderful people were it not for him.  

While life has made me much less of a prolific poster on here, this place makes me very happy!

Words are great and Ron deserves all the superlatives BUT don't forget to pass the hat from time to time.  DONATE!  Love makes the world go round but doesn't pay the bills...

Thanks Ron :)

Thanks for the reminder Ed. Servers and shit cost money. Ron, I've got a number of people I'm honored to hang with that I attribute 100% to these forums. My life is richer than it was before. Thanks much. 

• Forum MVP

Ron, you are a weaver of light! I know because the fabric of my life is much, much brighter for the loving, real down to earth people I know from this forum who are some of my favorites on Earth! Much love and peace without and within to you,  my friend. Thank you so much, always. 

• Forum MVP

Ron, your efforts in keeping the forums rolling down the track smoothly create a HUGE ripple effect of positive vibes for all who participate. I'm full of gratitude to be able to have a spot on this train since I continue to meet such fine people and have unforgettable experiences...thanks for being the engineer who keeps it rolling while we are all partying in the back!!

😀

Archived