NYE 2017

btown

I know this is a bit early, but with String Cheese announcing their NYE run at the Cap Theater last week, I started thinking about our NYE plans and DSO.  Has anyone heard any rumors about NYE?  Philly has been great the past two years, but would love to see them play the 9:30 Club or The National in Richmond!!  Thanks! 

• Forum MVP

I'm guessing 2 and 2 like last year. We will prob fly in for the Richmond pair and fly home. The train to Philly was like $300 last year and we were rushing to get to the show on time.  I'm just not an east coast person. I'm used to saying hello as I pass someone on the street and I own very little black clothing. I think I was the only person in philly not wearing a black coat. But maybe this is the year for 4 outdoor shows in key west or Miami or is that where phish does their New Years run?  4 nights at the Savoy sounds lovely after Christmas. Seems like the only logical place to play after Christmas or maybe outside of sandiego for a 4 night camping excursion and shows in the desert.  NOLA would be acceptable as well even though 4 days could lead to liver problems.  Fingers crossed for Florida!! ;)

Last year or the year before we got a June announce b/c JRAD was playing philly as well for New Years, but DSO packed the house in philly anyway, so it would seem like that's the smart financial move to do it again and we all want to see the band do well......but not so well that they take a few years off once in a while. 

Thanks Rude, being from Baltimore I selfishly want Philly, DC or Richmond.  We hit both Philly shows two years ago and one Richmond last year.  If I could tempt my wife with Florida, that would be even better, but we have two young children so longer trips become more difficult!!  I guess I will have to wait it out and see what the cards hold for us.      

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

You could if they move it back to Indy. That's where a bunch of us got to celebrate NYE with DSO in past years.

Indy would work even though South Beach seems much more accommodating for shorts and t-shirts.  

Archived