Happy Birthday Captain!

Tea

• Forum MVP

Happy 75th Birthday to one Jerome John Garcia!  My life will never be the same because of you!  I've had the greatest adventures that would not have happened had I not been swept away by your amazing gift. Thanks Jerry - we miss you!

gettyimages-74272389.jpg?w=612

gettyimages-74271574.jpg?w=612

gettyimages-98470794.jpg?w=485

gettyimages-55589538.jpg?w=612

• Forum MVP

Happy Bday brother in arms.  Show your feelings through your expressions.  Give all you can, just so other can be happy.   Offer yourself as a sacrifice so others do not.  

It's always been tough being the leader.   It's always been tough being followed.  It's always been tough....so we just ride.  

Why do the brightest flames burn out early?  

Why can we not let go?  We trained ourselves....don't let go, eww wee, this feeling is killing me.   

I get it Jerry....I am sorry you did as well.  Miss you my secondary father.  Your music still goes on, but your presence is so far away.  

Can no longer seem to tell the difference between the dark and the night.... light.  It's all shaded, perhaps jaded, maybe faded, but you brought to us love that will never fade away.  

....and it's not supposed to make sense, it supposed to be felt!!!!!

Ah, yes...Jerry would indeed have been three-quarters of a century old today, and who knows what he would be doing with his life if he were still with us in the flesh? Still with me, and millions of others in spirit, and I could not agree with you more, Tea, that my life, too, has been forever changed since I not just heard, but embraced his music and made it part of my everyday conscience. In other words, ever since I "got it". Jerry, whether you intended to, or not, you have made many people like me happier and more secure in our daily lives, and even though fame was very difficult for you, the sacrifices you made have enriched us beyond our wildest dreams. You never thought of yourself as a leader, but your skills in being one were more than apparent, and we are so lucky to have witnessed and been a part of that leadership! Thank you!!!

P.S. - I could not think of a better way of celebrating Jerry's life today than spending it with like minded folks at the movies tonight! So fortunate that the theater I will be seeing tonight's "Meet Up" at is only 10 minutes from my house!(Garden State Plaza in Paramus, NJ). Anyone else joining me there?

• Forum MVP

In Jerry's honor, I'll be dancing with my hula sisters tonight in remembrance of all opportunity to  dance that he has brought into my life. Excited to learn the second dance in a trilogy of Pele's and Lohi'au love story. It is from the lineage of Loea Kawaikapuokalani Hewitt. 

• Forum MVP

I figured more of y'all would of gave a shout out for JG yesterday.   Does not mean anything really, I just thought more would of took the time here, but I am sure most did their own little celebration somehow. 

I remember the Day he died.  I was lifegaurding.   I left work early, went to florist wholesaler, and bought 100 long stem roses.  

We had no cellphones then.  No real portable music, boom box....but I went down to the beach....board walk....tye die on, and passed all the those roses out, but one.  I still have that dried rose.  

Hope yall all are living the sunshine daydream.   

Warm wishes to many of you still here, and many of you that just don't come around anymore!!

• 1 year later...

Archived