Black Bear Mountain

Michael Doc Watson

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
On 8/4/2017 at 9:11 PM, GoingBackTo Where.... said:

I remember texting you about that Johanna in BM real time, and how bad I felt for you sending the text.  

Stoked your in this round.  Very happy to be in it as well!!  

BM will always have a special place in my heart.  The KOA, first time my oldest went camping.  With some of you guys as well.  Someone broke the toliet in the bathroom.  

First time my son found out what a fresh leaf in the woods is used for. 

He woke me up that morning with chocolate all over his mouth.  I scolded him, as he said he just ate a bunch of chocolate chip cookies.  For breakfast?  I said harshley.  I told him he needed to go apologies to the Carolina Contingent for taking their cookies.  As no way they just gave a 4 year old a bag of cookies for breakfast.  

I than got on him for lying to me about it, as he said they did.  

How bad did I feel after getting on him, that the Carolina Contingent did indeed give him a bag of chocolate chip cookies.

Him and I still laugh about that.  That's family if I ever I did know it!!  Thanks for those.memories fellers.  Your ingrained, and seared into my home made family forever, and I would not of changed a single second.

Accept for destroying that pumped out 64 mustang stingray with the hippy vw bus.  

My son's first hit and run;)!!  Haha.....good times brothers!!  Thanks for the memories for my forever!!!

The best of times :)

Just to be clear, we did hit, we sorta ran, but we ended up leaving a note.  My buddy had a less than fun time dealing with the headache of getting his bus and the ravaged 64 Mustang fixed back up.  His memories remain fond if just a little cloudy.

i think this is the show we were going to that night:

https://archive.org/details/rcpowell31_gmail

Looking forward to new memories without any vehicular drama :)

• Forum MVP

Sammy's voice is no back up.  Her sounds at jubilee made me feel like a child curled up to my mother's voice.  It was so comforting.   Sammy is quality, and her presence makes the whole that much more memorable!!  

Hope she graces us with her dance and song!!  Please pass that on Mango!!!

• Forum MVP

We will be there. Just got back from the soulshine farm fest in asheville area (waiting for ride from hotel to Asheville in April I met a couple that gave me an apple while playing my mando and they invited me- never saw em but we got in for working front gate!!!) and everyone was pumped and gathering for dso next weekend :) great fest full of dead covers and strings and rainbows!!!!! Check it out!!!

we will be playing music on lot/in the field before and after and should have a decent sized jug band....... hope y'all come play w us :)

also....... it's so good to be back in the south in the festival season of the summerofloveversary...... home is where the heart is.

see y'all there- I got a new hat!!!!! No unicorn but still pink w a purple rainbow........ maybe a horn will grow..... let it Grow.....

kiss kiss, flail w ya soon!!!!

• Forum MVP

So what's the longest you have ever, or would ever travel for a single stand alone show? I had ruled out the trip this year because of Friday being a no go, but all the excitement plus not having any plans for weekend, have me considering making the 6hour each way trip for Saturday night in the mountains. 

• Forum MVP
29 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

So what's the longest you have ever, or would ever travel for a single stand alone show? I had ruled out the trip this year because of Friday being a no go, but all the excitement plus not having any plans for weekend, have me considering making the 6hour each way trip for Saturday night in the mountains. 

Def gone more than 6 hours. West coast tour often demands such. Come on down!!!! 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Dead duck said:

I had ruled out the trip this year because of Friday being a no go, but all the excitement plus not having any plans for weekend, have me considering making the 6hour each way trip for Saturday night in the mountains. 

Do It Duck - would love to see you!  Time to get down....

We've all done more for much less!

• Forum MVP
23 hours ago, Dead duck said:

So what's the longest you have ever, or would ever travel for a single stand alone show?....

I've traveled to Springfield for a single show which is about twelve hours of my slowpoke driving and many stops. That's nothing compared to many of our road warrior friends.  But for Black Mountain shows I'd probably go twice that far. Even if you can only make it for Saturday ..think of it as maybe a single DSO show but with so many friends there.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP
On 8/15/2017 at 2:36 PM, Tea for Texas said:

For a minimum 3 shows:

Columbia, MD to Sacramento, CA

For a single show:

Chicago, IL to Denver, CO

Next year I'll be doing 1 show of equidistance for dark star but will never top your 3 show distance being in middle America.....unless they do Europe again. I got on the DSO bus too late. I had seen 3 shows I believe when they did jam in the dam. Now that shit would be booked!!! The gf would get her Europe trip and I'd get my shows at night.  It would make it easy if they just did 2 weeks of something like Amsterdam, Paris, Rome, and finished anywhere in Costa del Sol. I even wouldn't complain about Madrid. Oooooh. Toss in Portugal. I'm in!!  Her Hilton employee rate works in Europe too. 35 euro rooms all the way through.  Feel free to pm me if this is already scheduled for next year so I can get a jump on booking it ;)

• Advisory Board
18 minutes ago, Rude said:

Next year I'll be doing 1 show of equidistance for dark star but will never top your 3 show distance being in middle America.....unless they do Europe again. I got on the DSO bus too late. I had seen 3 shows I believe when they did jam in the dam. Now that shit would be booked!!! The gf would get her Europe trip and I'd get my shows at night.  It would make it easy if they just did 2 weeks of something like Amsterdam, Paris, Rome, and finished anywhere in Costa del Sol. I even wouldn't complain about Madrid. Oooooh. Toss in Portugal. I'm in!!  Her Hilton employee rate works in Europe too. 35 euro rooms all the way through.  Feel free to pm me if this is already scheduled for next year so I can get a jump on booking it ;)

It's called Jam in the Sand. 

• Forum MVP

Gotta dream boy, gotta song? Paint your wagon and come along......

all I know is I am on my way...... who gives a damn I'm on my way!!!!

hehehe had paint your wagon movie night w friends (I've dreamed of the moment my friend group would be excited to see my favorite old movie- finally)

so so ready for black mountain :)

• Forum MVP

Question, I have been trying to figure out if the Saturday late night set will be inside like years past, and if so is it 21 and over. Still trying to iron out some details. The peer pressure is strong with this group. Lol. 

• Forum MVP
38 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

Question, I have been trying to figure out if the Saturday late night set will be inside like years past, and if so is it 21 and over. Still trying to iron out some details. The peer pressure is strong with this group. Lol. 

Hey Duck, there is no late night Sat set. They do traditional 4hr shows both Fri and Sat. Fri starts at 7pm and Sat starts at 7 or 8. I've seen all 5 past years of BM and they've never played inside. It's rain or shine baby!! And we've had it all. Hope to see you there. 

Archived