Songs of Their Own

Rude

• Forum MVP

We were streaming some vids the other day and I've watched so many dead cover projects but somehow never heard of the "Songs of their own" project by Jambase to coincide with dead 50. 

Here are a few of my favs. 

I like the 2nd rap plus the full band percussion at the end. 

I like chicks singing dead

Jake Joliff is so sick.  Around 7:30 he begins to blow it up.

This guy has an amazing voice plus he does a great job on the slide!!  Great song choice for him.

Keller is always so delightfully weird.

This jazz band picked the dead song thats the closest dead song to traditional jazz that I can think of off the top of my head and they do a great job.

• Forum MVP

I loved all of those dude. The Easy Wind easily my fav and was well done. Don't know how the f you play harmonica and slide guitar at the same time but he pulled it off brilliantly. Gotta be akin to patting your head and rubbing your belly at the same time. Thanks for sharing. 

• Forum MVP
5 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

I've been seeing her name pop up everywhere. She's been playing a lot of fests and she's always included in the jam Sessions. A ton of talent. 

She has a lot of dead songs online. 

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, count2 said:

She's played with Phil too.

My feeling is that this kind of playing is not her forte. Improv and classical are very different... I've heard some amazingly talented players say they 'can't improvise'. Not saying this is the case for her.... Exited to see her live sometime. I might propose...

• Forum MVP

Holly will be in my neck of the woods next month - definitely gonna take in her show.

Nearly every show from her last tour was streamed via Facebook live so I watched a fair amount.  I think she's gotten measurably better in just a few months and had to look/hear no further than the way she transitioned between songs.  Quite a talent !

• Forum MVP

Mango you can tell from the PaP vid that she has the jazz improv style in her soul.  She's a legit talent.  Someone told me shes been to 300 Phish shows so she gets the tour life too.  Mango to avoid a fight, maybe we ask her if shes ok with a polyamorous relationship.  You can have weekdays and west and east coast tour.  Ill take weekends and middle america tour.

• Forum MVP
52 minutes ago, Mango said:

Maybe you should consult your girlfriend first; I'm single

You got me there. I'm only allowed to bang Brittney spears and her free pass is Bob Weir.  And she's hot for current day Bobbie and she a new deadhead. Weird huh. 

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, Rude said:

You got me there. I'm only allowed to bang Brittney spears and her free pass is Bob Weir.  And she's hot for current day Bobbie and she a new deadhead. Weir'd huh. 

fixed it for you. 

" New Speedway Boogie" version has a Steely Dan feel. 

Archived