1. Georgia

2. Alabama

3. Clemson

4. Notre Dame

5. Oklahoma

6. Ohio State

7. Wisconsin

8. Miami

I don't think Penn state is a bad team, but OSU dominated if their special teams weren't so bad. We have got to get that cleaned up or we are not going anywhere

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Umm no Georgia won't be 1st. Bama has dismantled every team they played this year. OSU is better than notre dame. Here's my prediction 

Alabama 

Georgia 

OSU 

clemson 

• Forum MVP

And I can't believe how bad OSU was on special teams. Urban Meyer has done a horrible job the last 3 years with a team LOADED with talent. I just don't get how crappy they have played when they should be like Alabama. The talent is comparable. When it comes to talent it's bama and OSU. Then a fall off to lsu, auburn, Georgia, USC, clemson, Florida state(not in order). But for 5* talent bama and OSU pull near 40-50% combined. These are pro players. 

• Forum MVP
36 minutes ago, Rude said:

And I can't believe how bad OSU was on special teams. Urban Meyer has done a horrible job the last 3 years with a team LOADED with talent. I just don't get how crappy they have played when they should be like Alabama. The talent is comparable. When it comes to talent it's bama and OSU. Then a fall off to lsu, auburn, Georgia, USC, clemson, Florida state(not in order). But for 5* talent bama and OSU pull near 40-50% combined. These are pro players. 

I totally agree, can't believe how bad OSU is in coverage. It has always  baffled me to see top teams with horrible kickers, happens every year

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

Umm no Georgia won't be 1st. Bama has dismantled every team they played this year. OSU is better than notre dame. Here's my prediction 

Alabama 

Georgia 

OSU 

clemson 

Youre gonna be one sad bro, my bro.

And it could be “Hold me, I’m Irish” complex showing, but I can’t help but feel like I’m being a bit baited here.  Please explain how getting waxed to Oklahoma at home and beating no one else of significance equates to aOSU being better than ND?

I’ll hang up and listen.

• Forum MVP
55 minutes ago, bs69 said:

Georgia has also been dismantling people and has played a better schedule with the win at Notre Dame. I don't  think they are better than Alabama, but deserve to be number 1 at this point

Absolutely correct, they do.

But humans and biases and opinions and feelings are involved.

At least the final four format allows it to be solved head-to-head on the field (for the most part).  

• Forum MVP

You were right. Georgia 1st because notre dame is now 3rd and bama injurin Florida states superstar QB means nothing now. The funny thing is that notre dame and Georgia weren't all that great early but better now but it's like they beat the number 3 team lol. Bama just destroys every team they play. Allowing single figures in 4 of last 5 games. They finish with lsu, miss state and auburn which won't be easy. Miss state is the most dangerous imo. They are playing great and have a great QB who will be around a while. He's like Dak but a better runner.  At least Wisconsin isn't getting credit for not playing 1 ranked team all year. 0 ranked teams played or will play and barely beating the worst the big ten has. When you beat Illinois 28-14 you are not elite. They are the worst power 5 team in the country by a touchdown over the next worst. Ohio state would be 42 point favs over Illinois.  Clemson, bama, geirgoa and OSU played a good non con team. Wisconsin and penn state didn't play a top 50 team. You may get ranked high in the nonsense AP poll but the committee won't have it. I don't even think Wisconsin can get in beating Ohio state. I think it would just keep out the big ten. An idiot announcer said even if bama beats lsu auburn and Mississippi state to go 4-0 vs ranked teams if they lose to Georgia they may not get in. That's insane. The playoff would be a sham without them. I think if OSU wins out and doesn't get in it would also be bad. OSU showed they were so far superior to penn state in thar gane regardless of the score. Penn state has limited talent besides the RB who is fantastic. Penn state has very little depth at defense or anywhere. They just now can recruit after sanctions. But play no one and voila-ranked high lol. 

• Forum MVP

Tough to pick on Penn State and in the same breath point to them as your biggest win.

And the score matters in the Wiscy analysis, but not in the Penn State win?  You’re right that Penn State is (was) overrated, but aOSU just gave up 38 to those guys.  

But an upward trending, disrespected aOSU is formidable, no doubt.  Urbie is the second best coach on the planet.  It will indeed be interesting to see if the B1G can get a team in at all.  Clemson is their primary problem and opportunity.  If ND wins out they’re in with that three slot to start.

Your general position about Bama already being a lock for the playoffs is not objective enough, imo.  The outcomes of the games played do matter lol.  And who you beat matters (see ND, Clemson, OU, Wiscy, and Miami).  Bama at two right now is right, imo as well.  They have played no one.  The eyeball test is valid, but not before actually proving it on the field a bit.  Let’s not just include them on the recent decade of dominance.  It will end at some point you know?  (When will Saban retire already lol?!)

Having said that, they are scary good and will be really fired up now and I trust will handle everyone they play, including Georgia.  If I had to pick a team to win it all it would be Bama without a doubt, BUT...their resume at this snapshot in time is weak.  They’ll have ample opportunity to prove it and I trust they will.

• Forum MVP

No real surprises for me. The reality is that it will all sort itself out by the end. I'd say any of the teams in the top 13 are in really good shape to make it if they run the table. I could even imagine a scenario where Iowa state, auburn or Stanford could make it by winning out. A lot of dominos will fall this weekend, great batch of games.

• Forum MVP

Good Slate - here are the ones with playoff implications:

(2) Penn State at (16) Michigan State                  Noon

(6) Ohio State at Iowa                                            3:30 pm

South Carolina at (3) Georgia                               3:30 pm

(7) Clemson at (14) NC State                               3:30 pm

Stanford at (15) Washington State                     3:30 pm

Wake Forest at (9) Notre Dame                           3:30 pm

(10) Oklahoma at (11) Oklahoma State            4:00 pm

(23) LSU at (1) Alabama                                      8:00 pm

(13) Virginia Tech at (10) Miami                         8:00 pm

Oregon at (12) Washington                                10:00 pm

I have a honey-do list as long as my arm so maybe I can watch the last part of the 330 kicks. 

• Forum MVP

Despite my considerable disdain for OSU, I did think of you Teach when your boys came back to stun Penn State.  

Not much to cheer about in Ann Arbor these days.  Maybe we’ll give you a game this year but it ain’t looking too good the way OSU been playin 

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, Teacher Matt said:

And in regards to Notre Dame I usually don't talk too much smack but if you're an Irish fan you don't want to play Ohio State we will beat you down again

Yeah, I’m sure your quite subdued with your fanaticism. :)

And I peeked in on your thread last month about the kickoff and the show time and the whole discussion, Matt.  Insightful.  

So anyway, we accept your challenge.  If you are in the playoffs when the season ends, we’ll perhaps see who is better on the field this year.

I hope you guys find a way to make it to the top four.  I think you have a shot.  

• Forum MVP

my feelings are if the committee puts in 2 teams from same conference and an independent the playoff of 4 teams will end immediately after that year ... if only 2 of 5 power conferences make it then they the college presidents will end the 4 team playoff and it will turn to 8 the next year ... don't care what deals are in place for the future because it will be total revolution of the committee ..

I understand ND has diehard fans ... if they win out they will be in ...

with that said I really believe they wont do that ... but if ND does get in this year or in a future year and 2 power conferences are left out  then we will be closer to an 8 team playoff .. ND not in a conference is a flipping joke ..they are not and have not been a consistent top 15 program the last 20 years and should not be given special treatment ....

Ohio State needs help ... Sooners need to lose a 2nd game ...

• Forum MVP
23 hours ago, Teacher Matt said:

my feelings are if the committee puts in 2 teams from same conference and an independent the playoff of 4 teams will end immediately after that year ... if only 2 of 5 power conferences make it then they the college presidents will end the 4 team playoff and it will turn to 8 the next year ... don't care what deals are in place for the future because it will be total revolution of the committee ..

I understand ND has diehard fans ... if they win out they will be in ...

with that said I really believe they wont do that ... but if ND does get in this year or in a future year and 2 power conferences are left out  then we will be closer to an 8 team playoff .. ND not in a conference is a flipping joke ..they are not and have not been a consistent top 15 program the last 20 years and should not be given special treatment ....

Ohio State needs help ... Sooners need to lose a 2nd game ...

I respectfully disagree with a whole lot of this.

The revolution that you speak of will certainly be occurring with fans, but no such revolt will take place with the current structure.  They JUST all decided to do it this way.  And they all JUST decided to give Notre Dame a seat at the table.  So while many may not like it, I’m just not seeing it be this “take our ball and going home” approach by the men who run the thing.

Prop up the Committee (Ohio State’s AD is on it, btw - an ND grad), and let the Committee pick the top four teams.  That was the choice.  I suspect you were cool with the Committee’s opinion last year pertaining to aOSU and the Playoffs, yes?  Despite the evidence of how it worked out, that decision seemed to be the right one based on what would likely happen on the field.  I also suspect you weren’t too worried about PSU fans because the decision favored your favorite team lol.

it can be hard to remain objective.

But I doubt we see the level of reaction you predict from the governors of the playoff structure.  

Don’t worry too much, though.  If ND loses as you so confidently (not sure about your confidence level but keep telling yourself that) predict, then they will be out of the top four.  

And then you can move on to hoping that both OU and Clemson lose.

• Forum MVP

No ... Ohio State had no business making the playoff last year ..

. and I dont recall as you say I "confidently predict" ND losing ...unless you are referring to an Ohio State matchup ... which only would take place in the playoffs. ...

why would I worry about Penn St fans  ?? .. don't care but thanks. ..

when I stated "I dont believe they will do that" I was referring to the committee putting 2 teams from same conference and an independent in the final 4 ..

But thanks for speaking on my behalf on said topics...

In regards to the system blowing up if it is done ... I stand by my statement. ..

• Forum MVP

Teacher Matt:  “I really believe they won’t do that...”

Regarding ND winning out.

Apologies if interpreting what you “really believe” does not equate to you confidently believing it.

Anyhoo, I hope that whatever unfolds is an enjoyable experience for you.

Take it from me, it can still be fun even if you don’t win em all.

• Forum MVP

Im a Buckeye win or lose ....

looks like we are back to the Alamo Bowl ...

Ohio State still can win Big Ten Conference.... which would eliminate the Big Ten from playoff...

50 plus points just don't happen against Ohio State. . give Iowa credit .... worst game in history since pre-World War II for Buckeyes. .. a long long time

• Forum MVP

Ohio State laid an egg no doubt about it. I would not be surprised if they run the table the rest of the way, but they seem to be out of the running for the playoff. Have to give Iowa credit, they played a perfect game. I was also really surprised that Miami played as well as they did. Still three weeks to go, a lot can still happen.

• Forum MVP

Games of Note this weekend

11/10

No.9 Washington at Stanford 10:30 p.m. | FS1

11/11 (Happy 20th Birthday DSO!) :D

Georgia at No. 10 Auburn | 3:30 p.m. | CBS

Florida State at No. 4 Clemson | 3:30 p.m. | ESPN/WatchESPN

No. 20 Iowa at No. 8 Wisconsin | 3:30 p.m. | ABC/WatchESPN

No. 19 Washington State at Utah | 5:30 p.m. | Pac-12 Network

No. 2 Alabama at No. 16 Mississippi State | 7 p.m. | ESPN/WatchESPN

No. 3 Notre Dame at No. 7 Miami (Florida) | 8 p.m. | ABC/WatchESPN

No. 6 TCU at No. 5 Oklahoma | 8 p.m. | FOX

• Forum MVP

Auburn was the best team I've seen all year on Saturday. Their defense was as good as Bamas before bama lost 2 more NFL linebackers 10 days ago and their offense was far superior. If auburn plays to their potential they rout bama. I took auburn llus the 2.5 points for an easy win. Home field underdogs performed well on Saturday. Bama has to switch QBs or they will lose it again. Vs good defenses jalen hurts is horrible. He got sacked 9 times in 2 games with an NFL offensive line. His stat line is misleading. Short passes to NFL 1st rounder Calvin Ridley turned into to 2-60 yd completions. In between those 2 passes and the drive that won the game he had 50 yards passing. Any pressure and he gives up passing and starts to scramble. If you look at these 1 yard runs like incomplete passes he completes around 40% of his passes. Every other QB throws the ball away. He takes off running and gets sacked or gains a yard or 2. He had 19 rushes for 40 yards again. Those are missed passing opportunities and he's a heisman finalist. What a joke. Bamas defense is in trouble losing linebackers who are all NFL draft picks including 1-2 1st rounders. Auburn will beat bama and win the west. 

Archived