Preseason CFB Playoff picks

DesertDead

• Forum MVP

Auburn to make a playoff has to play clemson, lsu, miss state, Georgiax2 and Alabama. Wisconsin plays BYU, Iowa, Michigan, northwestern and prob Ohio state. This is why they may not make a playoff even if undefeated. Well with Georgia losing they may make it in.  if you don't schedule a real non conference team you don't deserve a playoff. Ohio state scheduled a real team and lost and they are penalized but penn state played a dog and they were rewarded. This needs to be fixed. If u want to contend you have to play a contender non conference. Auburn lost to clemson another playoff team 14-6 early in the year and they were penalized. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
On 11/13/2017 at 5:30 PM, Rude said:

Auburn was the best team I've seen all year on Saturday. Their defense was as good as Bamas before bama lost 2 more NFL linebackers 10 days ago and their offense was far superior. If auburn plays to their potential they rout bama. I took auburn llus the 2.5 points for an easy win. Home field underdogs performed well on Saturday. Bama has to switch QBs or they will lose it again. Vs good defenses jalen hurts is horrible. He got sacked 9 times in 2 games with an NFL offensive line. His stat line is misleading. Short passes to NFL 1st rounder Calvin Ridley turned into to 2-60 yd completions. In between those 2 passes and the drive that won the game he had 50 yards passing. Any pressure and he gives up passing and starts to scramble. If you look at these 1 yard runs like incomplete passes he completes around 40% of his passes. Every other QB throws the ball away. He takes off running and gets sacked or gains a yard or 2. He had 19 rushes for 40 yards again. Those are missed passing opportunities and he's a heisman finalist. What a joke. Bamas defense is in trouble losing linebackers who are all NFL draft picks including 1-2 1st rounders. Auburn will beat bama and win the west. 

Don't take too much from one week. If there is anything that this year has taught us, is that teams are totally different from week to week. I watched a lot of the Bama v MSU game (ended up being the best game), am I crazy or was the first long pass to Ridley on the roll out to the right illegal touching? Looked to me that he ran an out route, went out of bounds on his own and then went up field to catch the long pass? The ref even threw his hat off, but nothing was called? Anyway, that game was there for the taking and Mississippi state blew it, I suspect Alabama will now come back and beat auburn.

• Forum MVP
On 11/13/2017 at 5:36 PM, Rude said:

Auburn to make a playoff has to play clemson, lsu, miss state, Georgiax2 and Alabama. Wisconsin plays BYU, Iowa, Michigan, northwestern and prob Ohio state. This is why they may not make a playoff even if undefeated. Well with Georgia losing they may make it in.  if you don't schedule a real non conference team you don't deserve a playoff. Ohio state scheduled a real team and lost and they are penalized but penn state played a dog and they were rewarded. This needs to be fixed. If u want to contend you have to play a contender non conference. Auburn lost to clemson another playoff team 14-6 early in the year and they were penalized. 

Both Auburn and Wisconsin are in if they win out, lose and they are out. The only chance for Ohio state is to win out in impressive fashion, have Alabama run the table and have Oklahoma run the table. Not as far fetched as it seemed a week ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

It's been a bit of a troubling season, but tOSU beat the team up north today so all is well. A win next week and a big ten championship and we'll see how it plays out. A win by the cocks tonight would help.

• Forum MVP

On that note, I don’t think bama is anywhere near what they were before they lost 4 star linebackers. Losing all these nfl future stars really hurt them vs miss state and auburn. Bama allowed only defensive  8 TDs until those games.  After they allowed 60pts in 2 games. 

• Forum MVP

Wow these will be some toss up games.  Bamas got to switch Qb’s. Hurts is an absolute scrub.  This is prob the most even playoffs there have ever been and IMO a complete tossup. 3 great defensive teams and a great offensive team. I think Oklahoma has the toughest road just because their defense sucks and your offense won’t always click. 

Oklahoma is a 1.5 pt fav over Georgia and Clemson bama is a pickem. Wow. 

Total spread b/t the 2 games is 1.5 points lol. 

Id take Clemson in the pickem game. No clue on the other. This ain’t the bama of 4 weeks ago that allowed 40yds rushing a game. Their linebacker corps was decimated. Even with all their talent, u lose your top 4 linebackers and you aren’t the same and it showed vs miss st and auburn. 

• Forum MVP

Bama was 1 loss and was ranked 1 all year and hands down best team. They consistently destroyed all opposition.  Ohio State lost by 30 to Iowa and was sketchy throughout the season and they lost 2.  The committee said it wasn’t even close on who was gonna get 4th. Florida State was a contender before bama takes out their QB. They beat LSU miss state a&m. Then they beat teams like Vandy ole miss and Tennessee by 160 points combined. They allowed I think 8 defensive TDS in 9 power 5 games until they lost their linebackers and played miss state and auburn. Their average margin of victory was biggest in the nation. Only 1 win was within 1 score with a minute left. Besides auburn and Miss state, they were up by a min of 2 scores with a minute left. That’s handling business with consistency. 

• Forum MVP

There were three obvious choices. All of the candidates for the fourth spot had flaws. I'm disappointed Ohio state didn't get in, but I'm fine with it. We beat Michigan (again), won the big ten championship and get to play the Pac 12 champs in the Rose er Cotton Bowl

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Not the best played game last night but pretty exciting. Georgia had it and choked. That Alabama kicker would have had to move far and fast if they didn't win, may still need to do that.

• Forum MVP

Bama with an offensive future seems scary. 3 of top 5 wrs In nation that we’re freshmen and playing.  Tua will be a god there. He’s gonna be like a baker mayfield. The star rb that night was also a freshman. Finally Hurts will be gone and that’s bad if you dislike bama. That Tua kid is the real deal. He won the elite 11 Hugh school qb competition meaning he’s super accurate. Plus he’s got intangibles. Georgia will have the number 1 incoming class this year beating out bama for the recruiting title. Will be 2 big dogs now. 6 5* players already signed for Georgia out of 18 total 5* signed. Wow that’s pulling some talent. 

Archived