Moving on up

helpfrankslip

I've noticed that these recent summer tour shows are doing2000+ crowds, of course being summer has the most to do with that but is it likely do to dead & co some recent converts through word of mouth are eventually going to gravitate here,these boards alone i already count a handful of new posters which is awesome btw shit I'm fairly new myself what are the pro's and con's of the next level?

I've only gotten back to seeing these guys this past fall, after a long hiatus of seeing dead music live and listening to it. I was thinking about the same thing the other day, wondering if they are going to start playing larger venues more frequently, just because they are so good.  I think on a consistent basis, that will only happen once they start to sell concerts out often and quickly. It seems to me that out of the theater gigs I've seen them play, they're playing in similar sized venues to what they were playing when I was seeing them in the early to mid 2000s.

I think cons would include higher ticket prices, a tougher time to get right up front with ease, possibly less touring by the band, and the negative things that a large scene can bring around with it.

Pros could include the excitement of seeing this band perform on larger scale, spreading the positivity we get to bask in at concerts, and more of all the great things a large scene can bring around with it.

Archived