Bryan Adcock Appreciation Thread

DaysBetween

So this past Saturday was Bryan's last show, after 18 years of being The Man at the lighting board.  He was always a man behind the scenes, but he was instrumental in creating that scene up on the stage that we love to watch.  I know for me, I never paid that much attention to the lights at a show until I met Bry at my 3rd DSO show in Erie, PA back in '99.  He asked me if I was the guy video taping at the previous show at Penn State (I was).  [Whoa, I just realized how this kind of sounds like the story of how people met in a romance novel hahaha].  Anywho, Bryan was pretty new to the band, and obviously so was I, and we kind of "grew into our shoes" at the same time.  And I gained an appreciation of the lights at a show that I probably wouldn't have ever acquired if not for Blinky.  I go to shows for the music first and foremost, but, especially over the years as his skills (and number of weapons in his arsenal) increased, I also want to go see the green/orange combos dance across the stage, the perfectly timed blasts, and the trippy shapes rotating slow and then fast on the tiedye backdrops, and all over the house, actually.  

So I raise my IPA to toast Bryan of not just manning the position for all those years, but for adding such a complex visual dimension to the experience we just call 'shows'.  Won't be the same without ya buddy.  I wish you nothing but the best.

CHEERS!  :D:P:lol: 

• Forum MVP

Always courteous, always professional, always kind before during and after the show. I slowly got to know him as I slowly started seeing more shows around '04 - '05. He and Cam were the ones who helped to give me an appreciation of the house side of things on this side of the rail.

His work was art in motion. When the venue lights went down and the magic started his wizardry was an integral part. And there were times it helped to know that the lights I was seeing weren't just lights of my own. 

Plus one on the hoisting of an IPA to Blinky.

• Forum MVP

Have not met Bryan but have always admired the light shows I've seen, including those I only thought I saw, which are attributed to inspiration I got from seeing Bryan's lights. So, ... thanks Bryan, only the best to you in your endeavors. 

• Forum MVP

Several years ago in Buffalo (during JK era), I found myself for the first (and only) time at a show that sold out sans ducat.

Bryan, whom I had not formally met but did recognize as one of the crew, became aware of my dilemma and came up to me seemingly out of nowhere behind the venue by the bus and said "What's your name I see you everywhere". After pleasantries, he told me there would be 4 tickets for me at box office....and there were!! So, I made friends with Bryan for all my future DSO endeavors as well as 3 other grateful friends in Buffalo that night.

Archived