West Coast Jubilee pipe dream

Island Bro

• Forum MVP

Well I know we've dreamed about this before in previous years but I couldn't find the threads so I thought I'd start a new one...because after years of going here and there I believe I have witnessed and experienced THE festival site for a dreamy west coast dso jubilee some day.

While I previously had imagined Horning's Hideout which is 40 mins or so outside of Portland,,two weeks ago an even better site emerged to put on the top of the list.

I'd heard of it for years but finally went over to check out the summer meltdown fest since the lineup was looking good this year including String Cheese. Had a blast and would have to say it's the best festival site I have experienced yet after 30 years of going To outdoor music on the west coast.

In NW Washington, near Darrington, WA the Darrington Bluegrass association owns an amazing piece of land where they allow other fests to happen. 

Here is the link for the meltdown fest which has some photos and gives a feel for the site a bit:

http://summermeltdownfest.com/tickets/parking-vehicle-camping/

With plenty of flat forested camping, a stroll down to a beautiful River for swimming and cooling off,,and a sweet Ampitheater with a view from the main stage right up to the glaciated peaks of Whitehorse mountain,,the site is a recipe for a down home, beautiful, psychedelic weekend. 

Just figured I'd put it out there...

jfolks and grateful fred were there and can confirm the full viability of this site for a full throttle kickass dso jubilee potential....

Doesn't hurt to dream 😍

24 minutes ago, Island Bro said:

Right on Count,,,are you in the Seattle area?

North of Seattle, probably about half way between Seattle and Darrington. I lived most of my life in the Chicago area, and then Georgia for a few years, seemingly under some great big rocks. Didn't get on the DSO bus until I moved out here, just in time for the bus to cut back on it's visits West.

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, count2 said:

North of Seattle, probably about half way between Seattle and Darrington. I lived most of my life in the Chicago area, and then Georgia for a few years, seemingly under some great big rocks. Didn't get on the DSO bus until I moved out here, just in time for the bus to cut back on it's visits West.

I'm sure we will meet some time...I'm a bit Furthur north over on the SJ islands...

• Forum MVP

Too bad Stanford won't just open up their campus. Not only is the amphitheatre perfect size for DSO, and attendees get to dance on tiered, grass.  The whole grassy, tree lined roadways around the entrance are great for a shakedown setup. With all the archiving and greatness the gd scene is getting these days, you'd think school administrators would want to showcase the Frost. If they'd partner up with DSO, they could have a successful event

West coast Jubilee dreamers keep on keeping on

• Forum MVP

They couldn't do a washington festival.  WAYYYYY too isolated.  You have no one to the north or west plus there is very little population within 8 hours of seattle.  More people live within a days drive of Ohio than any other state.  49% of the US is a days drive from Columbus.  The city with the most people within a days drive is also in ohio at 50.3%, so Columbus is the perfect spot for Jubilee.

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Rude said:

You have no one to the north or west plus there is very little population within 8 hours of seattle. 

Ha! Well,,literally 60,000 people moved to Seattle in one year alone a couple years ago,,,and Portland is no longer "off the map"! Not to mention Vancouver BC within a couple hrs...Just sayin,,,but the notion of a west coast jubilee would be in addition to the Ohio gig--not a replacement...

Summer sched certainly doesn't line up for it,

But a pipe dream none the less...

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Tea for Texas said:

Pipe dreamz are the best :wacko: !

giphy.gif

While logistically difficult, anythings possible.  I think Rude is just weary of camping gear on a jet-plane....

Not sure if I'd have room for all the rain gear I would need for a Seattle festival. 

• Forum MVP

Yeah and they could also bust out Rain by the Beatles as was done in the Vince era...

I am a statistics guy so I see that if Rude comes, we will get wet for sure,,,therefore if this thing gains traction and comes together I think it would be best, for the good of the whole, that Rude sits this one out. We would miss him terribly,,but we would be dancing in the sunshine instead of our rain gear.

Each ticket would have a $.25 surcharge that would go towards providing him with a free ticket to Jam in the Sand the following winter...

Is that a fair trade off Rude? Everybody would be so grateful for your service since, in a sense, you can the weather command...

😉

• Forum MVP
17 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:

They would need to skip colors of the rain. 

There fixed that for ya.

For awhile there, my penchant for rain-gear preparation was a harbinger of good weather.  That's no longer the lock that Rudes presence in the PNW engenders climatically.

Archived