IRMA

sgrmag2564

• Forum MVP

I wonder if our Florida DSO friends have a place to evacuate to.  Possibly some of us in north Georgia and western Carolinas can help a friend or two.   I'm hoping Vince and Sue and Jerry S. and others are safe.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

Irma seems to be slowing down considerably. Here in north Georgia it's been a rainy day but not at all heavy. There is occasional wind but not even as strong as in a good thunderstorm. It was predicted to be heavy much earlier in the day. Maybe latter tonight it will come in.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

At 1am my arthritic joints were hurting much more than usual.  Outside it was no longer raining. I went outside to find a complete calm and clear skies. It was eerie how quite everything was. All day it had been raining and wind blowing but not now. The radar weather showed that we were in the eye of the remains of Irma.  Apparently the low pressure had affected my joints.

Here in north Georgia we were fortunate that the weather never got very bad like they had predicted.  We never had heavy rain and wind at maximum about 20mph. I haven’t seen any downed trees and power stayed on the whole time.  Thank goodness it wasn’t anything like farther south.

Peace and Love,

Doc

House survived. Lots of people here no so fortunate. I'm a retired Navy cook and am going to big pine tomorrow to volunteer in the numerous local restaurants hosting FREE meals from field kitchens to anyone that shows up. There's going to be lots of people coming home to...wel...a FEMA shelter. And I'll feel fortunate to help my brothers in any way I can. Amazingly somber here. I have not heard any of what may have been lost, but only optimism. Smiles everywhere. I now know people living mere yards from my front door I have never met.  In closing 😎 Irma doesn't suck, she fuckin hurts, but she once again proves good ca come from horrible situations. 

Archived