RIP Tiff Garcia

Dr. Barry

• Forum MVP
15 hours ago, jj3down said:

Never can find a picture of Jerry with his brother.  Except childhood ones.  Wonder if they had a falling out at some point.

Tough to find a whole lot of pictures of Jerry in his private life at all, really.  There are some, but he was a private guy.  (As I'm sure you know, just having conversation.)

RIP Tiff.  Lopping off that finger on Jer worked out, after all.

• Forum MVP

Tiff was at the 70th birthday gig for Jerry that Weir did at his TRI studios.  I spoke to him briefly.  Really nice guy.

I think Mojo is right.  While he and Jerry may not have been particularly close, there was never any overt falling out, just living a different lives. I want to say Tiff was employed in some capacities overt the years by the Dead in their San Rafael offices.

Found this little blurb in an obit.

As Tiff told the Marin Independent Journal in 2006, he was a morning person who wasn’t fond of show business. When Tiff attended Grateful Dead shows, he eschewed the backstage scene, preferring to hang out in the audience with other “Deadheads.” In 1988, Tiff quit his Post Office job and started a stint in the merchandising department at Grateful Dead Productions in San Rafael, California where he remained until the company transferred operations to Los Angeles based Rhino Entertainment in 2006.

https://www.inquisitr.com/4490894/jerry-garcias-brother-clifford-tiff-garcia-dead-at-age-79/

Archived