Albany Roll Call - 11/11/17

Tea

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
On 9/13/2017 at 2:43 PM, Tea for Texas said:

I'm going to really try to make this happen as this is gonna be one those 'miss at your own peril' type of events.  

Please help me with any additional motivation you can spare - Who's In?

I'll take the train from Georgia to Albany. We did that a couple months ago to visit my older brother, Cary, who had invited me to the Dead and Company show in Saratoga Springs.  

Hey...all you Carolina Starheads....this train goes thru your area...could be a fun trip together.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

Have to be honest. Last time I was at the welmont it was beyond too crowded to dance. We tried to open doors to dance in lobby. Venue staff was having none of that. I left early. I have had better luck there in the past in the balcony. 

The palace on the other hand always works out. 

• Forum MVP

Wouldn't miss it! On another note I have to say that I am a tad offended by your stereotyping of heads from Jersey Aaron. You have alot of friends that are from there including myself, HB, Little Boy Blue, Jill, Steve and Kris, John and Julie, just to name a few. People you travel with. I guess Skip is a Jersey type too since he lives down the road from me. He's definitely not Santa Cruz cool. I just think that terms like " Jerzoids" and others that you use are  contrary for a peace loving man like yourself, and really serve no purpose. But i guess we are all just "Jersey types" whatever the fuck that is. I'm curious I'd also like to know what you think a "Philly" type or a
" Masshole" is?" Or since we're going to be there how are the folks in Albany? There are drunk talkers all over the place no matter where we go. I don't let them in my head, and I spend my time at shows with the people I love. 

To me the others are just  people swimming in the universe trying to survive in this world in the best they can, or only way they know.Live and let live, we're only here for a glimpse. Peace.

• Forum MVP

Don't know anything about this show, but I do know I've successfully navigated the Palace and the Wellmont in the past. The latter entailed successfully navigating the Garden State itself.

In fact, over the years and courtesy of following this band. I've gotten to know New Jersey fairly well. From Newark to the shore to the western almost-lake country, from the Freeway and the Turnpike to whatever the fuck exits Vasa Park and the Starland are off, it has been nothing but good times.

And there were few better times that listening to Herd cuss about the jughandles, except maybe getting lost down by the docks of the city after a Bergen show. Or some night(s) after AC shows. Pure DSO magic, all only an hour or two from Stout's house.

Greg,

We both have shared many good good times with Mr Mango and we know his use of the derisive

term was in no way meant to be anything other than sarcasm....at least he didn't use "Jersey

Shore types " on us.

Btw Dr.

I'm an exit 2 guy currently retired in FLA waiting for the fucking power to come back on !!!

• Forum MVP

Gonna try to add norva and D.C. to the 8 I'm doing on fall tour. Albany is insanely expensive to fly into for 1 show and northeast isn't my thing. Not a fan of the people. Haven't had the best experiences in the northeast. If you look at Facebook, the only people who really attack or put down DSO are from that area. Good manners aren't a strong suit of New Yorkers and many get enjoyment out of attacking others publically.  I mean who goes on a bands page and says they are a bunch of hacks. Idiots and New Jersey/New Yorkers. Not all from these areas are douchebags of course but the mentality is different. A few of our favorite musicians in our fav current band are New Yorkers but could you imagine playing sports for a New York team. 1 bad game and you get booed and you are now a bum. But mostly it was the insane price to fly to Albany. 

There is a small airport probably about 45 minutes to an hour outside the city. It called Westchester Airport. Never flew in or out of it, not sure of its prices. All the major 3 New York airports are close to me. But it's worth a look for people  trying to get to Albany. It will get you just a little closer! It's worth a look

Archived