Albany Roll Call - 11/11/17

Tea

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Rude said:

.... Good manners aren't a strong suit of New Yorkers ....

You might be thinking too much of the Big New York CITY area.  I've found the people around Albany to be very friendly.

I ve found that the train ride all the way to Albany is much less than a plane and considerably more relaxing. Not even any security checks getting on the train. Walk around. Visit the club car for a beer. Hang out. Make new friends.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

None of my friends here are any generified type. Except Darby's dad, he's definitely a Jersey shore type ;-)

Why take pride in where you're from? Perhaps I'll change the word to 'normie' types. The normies who don't dance, stand around and talk. You're no normies, Greg.

But sorry, meant no offense to my friends here.

• Forum MVP
On September 15, 2017 at 2:17 PM, jfolks said:

I'm back baby!!!!

Will be doing several shows on the tour - and I can't friggin wait to see you "Jerzoids!"

Glad you are back around these forums Jordan! 

Rather serendipitous to have run into you in early August. Appreciating the ripple effect that has caused!

😉

• Forum MVP

Believe it or not,,that would be an affirmative.

An unexpected yet peculiar alignment of logistics has opened up quite nicely...

Besides, it seems high time I manage to get myself east of jubilee country sometime in this lifetime and this seems a worthy moment to go for it.

In for the 3-pack,,Welmont, Albany, and Peekskill.

Will be racking up over 5,000 miles of travel for that weekend of music!!

• Forum MVP
On September 15, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Rude said:

Gonna try to add norva and D.C. to the 8 I'm doing on fall tour. Albany is insanely expensive to fly into for 1 show and northeast isn't my thing. Not a fan of the people. Haven't had the best experiences in the northeast. If you look at Facebook, the only people who really attack or put down DSO are from that area. Good manners aren't a strong suit of New Yorkers and many get enjoyment out of attacking others publically.  I mean who goes on a bands page and says they are a bunch of hacks. Idiots and New Jersey/New Yorkers. Not all from these areas are douchebags of course but the mentality is different. A few of our favorite musicians in our fav current band are New Yorkers but could you imagine playing sports for a New York team. 1 bad game and you get booed and you are now a bum. But mostly it was the insane price to fly to Albany. 

Geez thanks Rude....I am from Brooklyn so I can make it.......anywhere....even in the land of corn and beans...or the rail at DSO

• Forum MVP
On 9/15/2017 at 11:03 AM, August West said:

Wouldn't miss it! On another note I have to say that I am a tad offended by your stereotyping of heads from Jersey Aaron. You have alot of friends that are from there including myself, HB, Little Boy Blue, Jill, Steve and Kris, John and Julie, just to name a few. People you travel with. I guess Skip is a Jersey type too since he lives down the road from me. He's definitely not Santa Cruz cool. I just think that terms like " Jerzoids" and others that you use are  contrary for a peace loving man like yourself, and really serve no purpose. But i guess we are all just "Jersey types" whatever the fuck that is. I'm curious I'd also like to know what you think a "Philly" type or a
" Masshole" is?" Or since we're going to be there how are the folks in Albany? There are drunk talkers all over the place no matter where we go. I don't let them in my head, and I spend my time at shows with the people I love. 

To me the others are just  people swimming in the universe trying to survive in this world in the best they can, or only way they know.Live and let live, we're only here for a glimpse. Peace.

As you see I said the only people who really attack dso on facebook are from this area and I said not all are like this, but the people here dont really fit into any category besides music loving mostly positive personalities.  Ive been asked by several if I was going and if I have to choose, I have to take into account many factors.  Money is a big one.  I dont want to fly to new york then get a train etc.  Albany airport is too expensive to hit 1 show.  I love this band and support them, but the 20th anniversary show wont be attended by me sadly.  The $1500 I estimate is too much for me to see 1 show.

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

What about that 2nd night at the Jubilee a few years back. Just listen to the GD original. 

I miss so many DSO shows - I was lucky to be there for that one.  Just an absolute skull-(*bleep*).

Jubilee - 5/23/2015

4/22/69 - The Ark

Set One: Sittin On Top of The World ; Morning Dew ; Beat It On Down The Line > Good Morning Little Schoolgirl ; Doin' That Rag ; Cryptical Envelopment > Drums > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment > Death Don't Have No Mercy

Set Two: Dupree's Diamond Blues > Mountains Of The Moon > Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven > Turn On Your Love Light

Filler: Easy Wind > Viola Lee Blues

I remember lying on the ground trying in vain to catch my breath after the last thump of Viola Lee blew right through my rib-cage.  Covered in dust that quickly became mud I was asked more than a few times:  "Dood!  did you fall down or something?"  Yes - yes I did and it was one hell of a ride.

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Tea for Texas said:

I miss so many DSO shows - I was lucky to be there for that one.  Just an absolute skull-(*bleep*).

Jubilee - 5/23/2015

4/22/69 - The Ark

Set One: Sittin On Top of The World ; Morning Dew ; Beat It On Down The Line > Good Morning Little Schoolgirl ; Doin' That Rag ; Cryptical Envelopment > Drums > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment > Death Don't Have No Mercy

Set Two: Dupree's Diamond Blues > Mountains Of The Moon > Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven > Turn On Your Love Light

Filler: Easy Wind > Viola Lee Blues

I remember lying on the ground trying in vain to catch my breath after the last thump of Viola Lee blew right through my rib-cage.  Covered in dust that quickly became mud I was asked more than a few times:  "Dood!  did you fall down or something?"  Yes - yes I did and it was one hell of a ride.

Yes, so glad to have been there.....I turned 50 that weekend.....my solo trip to the Jubilee was the perfect gift!

The sound system was so frickin' clean......I remember closing my eyes at points during the 2nd set and, though it was really loud, I could hear every single instrument crystal clear.

• Forum MVP

2-10-07 Charlotte nc played 11-17-73 pauley pavilion. I had a big crowd of first timers at this show from work and every single one of them had a flicking ball. It was my 6th DSO show and after this my yearning for shows escalated significantly. It's was a super solid JK show and I think I met chuck the first time and got a good sweaty hug. I have the soundboard from this show and dial it up still. Fire alarm went off during deal and nobody did anything. Band kept playing and people kept dancing. Good thing it was false. One of my favs. 

• Forum MVP

Show: 1642 • 02/14/2009 Shoreline Ballroom, Hilton Head, SC Original Setlist

Set 1: Viola Lee Blues, Walk in the Sunshine, They Love Each Other, Black Throated Wind, Box of Rain, You Ain't Woman Enough, Bird Song, Big Iron> Jack-a-Roe, Sing Your Blues Away, Mexicali Blues, Uncle John's Band

Set 2: Greatest Story Ever Told, Second That Emotion, I Feel Like Dyanamite*, Waiting for a Miracle, Easy Wind, Me & Bobby McGee, Eyes of the World> Weather Report Suite> Let It Grow> Stella Blue> Not Fade Away> Going Down the Road Feeling Bad> NFA
Encore: And It Stoned Me

Notes: * dedicated to Merl Saunders

Archived