Albany Roll Call - 11/11/17

Tea

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Tea for Texas said:

Show: 1642 • 02/14/2009 Shoreline Ballroom, Hilton Head, SC Original Setlist

Set 1: Viola Lee Blues, Walk in the Sunshine, They Love Each Other, Black Throated Wind, Box of Rain, You Ain't Woman Enough, Bird Song, Big Iron> Jack-a-Roe, Sing Your Blues Away, Mexicali Blues, Uncle John's Band

Set 2: Greatest Story Ever Told, Second That Emotion, I Feel Like Dyanamite*, Waiting for a Miracle, Easy Wind, Me & Bobby McGee, Eyes of the World> Weather Report Suite> Let It Grow> Stella Blue> Not Fade Away> Going Down the Road Feeling Bad> NFA
Encore: And It Stoned Me

Notes: * dedicated to Merl Saunders

How could a viola Lee opener not be on one's fav list. Holy shit, and the balance does not disappoint. I really hate I missed this close by show and I fucking regret it. But agree with MC 2nd night jubilee Ark show in 2015 is my #1. It was an epic time where the universe aligned. Everything, and I mean everything was just exactly perfect.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Today I purchased two tickets for the Albany show.  I found that both the “fan club tickets” (MissionTix) and the “venue tickets” (TicketMaster) methods indicated the center section was sold out / not available. TicketMaster is selling tickets by specific exact seat location deep in the theater.  I purchased two tickets thru the “fan club tickets” / MissionTix in “orchestra Left Center” and downloaded and printed the tickets.  Nowhere on these tickets nor in the ticket selling site are the seat locations indicated.  So is this show a general admission?  If it is GA, what happens to anyone buying specific seats thru TicketMaster?  What if we sit down in a seat sold by TicketMaster? 

Peace and Love,

Doc

15 minutes ago, Michael Doc Watson said:

Today I purchased two tickets for the Albany show.  I found that both the “fan club tickets” (MissionTix) and the “venue tickets” (TicketMaster) methods indicated the center section was sold out / not available. TicketMaster is selling tickets by specific exact seat location deep in the theater.  I purchased two tickets thru the “fan club tickets” / MissionTix in “orchestra Left Center” and downloaded and printed the tickets.  Nowhere on these tickets nor in the ticket selling site are the seat locations indicated.  So is this show a general admission?  If it is GA, what happens to anyone buying specific seats thru TicketMaster?  What if we sit down in a seat sold by TicketMaster? 

Peace and Love,

Doc

Hey Doc,

I bought fan club loge seats thru mission tickets for the capitol theater shows this past spring. My computer printout tickets were the same deal. No seat info. I guess mission sells all their allotment of tickets, better seats going first come first serve, and then mails them out a couple weeks before the show. I got my tickets literally the day of the first of two shows. Not a fan of how they handled the timing of mailing  the tickets. I also bought my ticket for the Albany show thru the fan club. Hopefully it comes thru in time and we get some great seats. When I spoke to the folks at the Cap about what was going on, they assured me I'd be able to get my tickets at will call and that this is fairly common for mission tickets to be late with their mailing. Hopefully same deal in Albany if the tickets are late. Might be worth it to call mission tickets and start putting some heat on them. I probably will soon.  I don't see why every other ticketing service can offer mobile tickets, yet with them, we have to sit here biting our nails waiting for tickets we buy months in advance.

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the comments, Hardpan. I now remember discussion of that situation from a few months ago. I did try calling the Mission today but it being Saturday I think they were closed. Mission's email even said "Your tickets are attached to this email" and on the downloaded bit it said "These are your tickets" 

"...I got my tickets literally the day of the first of two shows..."   Getting real paper tickets in the mail a couple days before the show won't work for me since I'll be on the train from Georgia.  Well, it should work out for the good somehow.

Peace and Love,

Doc

I just sent missiontix an email explaining that many people will be traveling to this concert and if they could please get these tickets out into the mail soon. I just like to have everything set, not have to worry about whether will call will have our tickets, etc.

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the update, Hardpan.   MissionTix never answered my email question about tickets.  The link for "venue tickets" to TicketMaster now says "Provide your mobile number and we will text you when tickets become available.".  Previously TicketMaster was selling tickets by the actual seat.

Peace and Love,

Doc

MissionTix and any online tickets purchased has the option of having them “Email/Print” the tickets.  As soon as payment goes through they send you to a page where you can print the tickets. Plus you get an email with the tickets to print st your leisure.  Or to access again if you lose your printed copy.  Never do snail mail and never have them get them electronically

7 hours ago, Hardpan said:

They said if we don't get our tickets in time, we'll be able to pick them up with no problem at will call. 

I was gonna mention the only problem with printing them and bringing them to will call is you have to show your ID. Even if you’ve got 5 tickets lumped in for friends, the person who bought them has to pick them up at will call.

And the electronic option to receive your tickets gets them sent to your phone.  Couple times I tried that I had trouble getting in.  The venue scanners aren’t necessarily calibrated to MissionTix tickets. 

So with the fan club tickets, mission tix gets an allotment that they fill first come first  serve, with the best seats going to the early birds. The confirmation page they send only shows which section the seats are in, not the seats themselves, with instructions to show the page at will call along with a photo id. Every other online ticketing service I've used works the way you've described, with either print out or  mobile tickets. I don't get why mission doesn't do it this way, but no big deal. Hopefully they get here in the mail before the show, otherwise I'll just get them at will call. 

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, Teacher Matt said:

Why would you guys just not print your tickets out so you already have them ??

I always print tickets at home when I can.  When I did the Mission ticket to print at home it gave me a confirmation email and a link or download to print tickets. I followed that link and it printed a page that said "here are your tickets" but it does not have any seats on the tickets. The tickets that printed (for me and my older brother) look like general admission tickets. GA would be fine with me but I don't think this show is a general admission. It appears to be assigned seats.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, Dead duck said:

. Hope it works out for you Doc

I'm sure it will be fine in the end....might get the best seats in the house...It's just something to worry a bit about now...I'll be getting into Albany Hilton hotel Friday evening in time to have supper with what ever friends are in town...assuming the train isn't running too late.

Peace and Love,

doc

18 hours ago, Hardpan said:

Every other online ticketing service I've used works the way you've described, with either print out or  mobile tickets. I don't get why mission doesn't do it this way, but no big deal. Hopefully they get here in the mail before the show, otherwise I'll just get them at will call. 

I just don’t get it?  Did you guys actually create a MissionTix account?

Everytime fan club tix are available I get them, and I get an email with the subject: Your MissionTix Confirmation... (or something like that).  The PDF’s for the tickets are attached right to the email.  I forgot my tix for Boulder at home and printed them right off the email at the hotel.

I’ll post a photo of my Albany ticket, printed about a month ago.  Not as proof but maybe you can ask MT why you can’t print these like I always have?

2C142EC4-CD4D-4019-9FDD-36C4816C51E6.jpeg.7555d3ebb5565fe1740015ecfb82820c.jpeg

Doc - Correct, You get your seats on the actual ticket you get when you turn it in at will call.

They always tell me having your ID is the most critical thing.  I don’t see anyone having a problem, mailed or otherwise, unless they forget their ID.  

Yep, that's what mine looks like, too. What was nerve wracking to me is that missiontix says they would mail tickets a week or two before the show, along with providing that will call printout. Leaving you wonder which one it's gonna be. They could just leave out that they'll mail tickets and that tickets can be picked up at will call.  Still not a big deal, pick up tickets at will call, go into show, have fun.

3 minutes ago, Hardpan said:

Yep, that's what mine looks like, too. What was nerve wracking to me is that missiontix says they would mail tickets a week or two before the show, along with providing that will call printout. Leaving you wonder which one it's gonna be. They could just leave out that they'll mail tickets and that tickets can be picked up at will call.  Still not a big deal, pick up tickets at will call, go into show, have fun.

I'm glad I didn't notice that.  Sounds like they confused the shit out of everyone.

Yeah it isn't technically a ticket, it's a confirmation that you have a ticket reserved at will-call.

You'll be fine.  Bring that to will-call.

Thing that sucks about this process is it is hard to give "MissionTicket" away, the person who bought them must get them from will-call before giving them away.  But I've also gotten in Ann Arbor with a ticket on TM's phone.  So I don't honestly know all the details of how the ticket process works.

Archived