Albany Roll Call - 11/11/17

Tea

1 hour ago, Island Bro said:

JJ,,,I think these guys are differentiating between the "will call ticket" that Mission Tix provides (like what you show above) vs. receiving an actual ticket that gets you straight into the venue...

Who's on first??

I think I understand.  I don't believe anyone has anything to worry about if they don't receive any in the mail.  I'm starting to think that regardless of ticket format chosen, making a purchase just enters your name on a will call list for tickets and the only thing that truly matters is having your ID.

If you chose to Mail them, they likely incurred an additional fee.  then they just send you out traditional printed tickets.  But I believe the purchase is still accessible through email confirmation or the MissionTix website for you to print if needed.  Or to show your ID to will call.  I'm going to try to get in the next show showing only my ID.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
On 10/11/2017 at 11:09 AM, Teacher Matt said:

Why would you guys just not print your tickets out so you already have them ??

Mission Tix/ fan club are for will call.  They say this is NOT a ticket.  You have to have ID and the printed mission tix "ticket" is irrelevant as you have to pick up your actual ticket at the box office and you need your ID. 

I only keep 1 of the mission tix in case they cant find my ticket under the fan club list at the will call.

If I know there will be a long line at will call or venues that suck for getting will call, I will do the venue tickets.

And JJ, you dont need the fan club ticket to pick up your ticket.  It wont get the associated ticket anyway.  You are on a list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Ten days to our Twenty Year Anniversary celebration  !

I've got reservations for Friday and Saturday nights at the Albany NY Hilton per the suggestion by Bix for friends to stay there (walking distance etc).  This evening my brother, Cary, who lives near Albany indicated there are currently some troubles going on at this hotel. He said to Google and I found the  information  below.   My phone call to the hotel's front desk indicated employees are picking but it is not a "strike" (people are still working). The lady really could not say much about the situation which is understandable.    Right now I'm not suggesting we change any location but it's worth some discussion and more investigation of the situation at the hotel.

https://boycotthiltonalbany.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI__vcsOOe1wIVDJ9-Ch0xpwKkEAAYASAAEgJYx_D_BwE 

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the info Doc. That is such a bummer to read that. I hate the idea of crossing a picket line and giving money that supports the new slime bucket owner,,,but on the other hand, I kinda feel like 'the show must go on' and it would be a logistical challenge to try and have 'hotel DSO' set up shop somewhere else this late in the game....? 

Tipping the workers handsomely in solidarity as much as we can would be a nice gesture.

looking forward to seeing you Doc!

Got my hotel for Albany a couple months ago at Ramada Plaza Albany. 2.5 miles away, thinking of walking it. Wonder if it goes thru any bad sections of town. Don't really wanna drive back and forth. Was gonna grab something closer, but this was 100 bucks cheaper. 

2 hours ago, Hardpan said:

Got my hotel for Albany a couple months ago at Ramada Plaza Albany. 2.5 miles away, thinking of walking it. Wonder if it goes thru any bad sections of town. Don't really wanna drive back and forth. Was gonna grab something closer, but this was 100 bucks cheaper. 

I grew up in the Albany area.  In my humble opinion, I wouldn't walk from there to the Palace Theater.  Central Ave. or Clinton Ave. is not going through the nicest part of the city.  You're better served doing Uber or a local taxi.  See you at the show!

• Forum MVP
13 hours ago, Michael Doc Watson said:

Ten days to our Twenty Year Anniversary celebration  !

I've got reservations for Friday and Saturday nights at the Albany NY Hilton per the suggestion by Bix for friends to stay there (walking distance etc).  This evening my brother, Cary, who lives near Albany indicated there are currently some troubles going on at this hotel. He said to Google and I found the  information  below.   My phone call to the hotel's front desk indicated employees are picking but it is not a "strike" (people are still working). The lady really could not say much about the situation which is understandable.    Right now I'm not suggesting we change any location but it's worth some discussion and more investigation of the situation at the hotel.

https://boycotthiltonalbany.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI__vcsOOe1wIVDJ9-Ch0xpwKkEAAYASAAEgJYx_D_BwE 

Damn - while there are 2 sides to every story, the owner seems like a certified Delta Bravo.  I know one thing:  If you stay there, make sure all your shots are up to date.

3 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I got Albany Montclair Peekskill 2x Huntington too. I'm also going to penns. I would encourage you to do so. 

I will be in attendance of all these as well brother and throw in new haven for me also

46 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I grew up in the Albany area.  In my humble opinion, I wouldn't walk from there to the Palace Theater.  Central Ave. or Clinton Ave. is not going through the nicest part of the city.  You're better served doing Uber or a local taxi.  See you at the show!

Great info, thanks a lot!

Had I or anyone else been more versed in hotel current events, we would have known this hotel has been steeped in this controversy for months now.  Had we known better, I'm guessing this wouldn't be the hotel many are staying at.   What may be more helpful to humanity would be to stay there to legitimately determine whether their accusations are true and report our findings.

There are two Hilton owned Hotels in walking distance.  There is the Hampton by Hilton on Chapel Street about two blocks away.  Lots of folks stayed there last year.  The hotel in question is the HIlton-Albany  on Lodge street. it looks about 4 blocks away on google. Hopefully people are confusing the two and actually staying at the Hampton

On 11/2/2017 at 2:40 PM, Teacher Matt said:

2 sides to every story. ..

From the sound of this guy, there are only 2 sides to his story, asshole and dick.

On 11/3/2017 at 10:24 AM, stretchjn said:

Hopefully people are confusing the two and actually staying at the Hampton

No I clarified this.  Most folks, in this thread at least, booked rooms at Downtown Albany.

On 11/3/2017 at 10:46 AM, Island Bro said:

the rodent stew is tough to beat...

there's the One Man Gathers What Another Man Kills food truck as well

gotta love when the hotel you're staying at has its own "boycott this hotel" webpage.

• Forum MVP

I don't know. I guess I should sympathize with the workers on strike or maybe with the owners that have ungrateful workers but really I couldn't care less. Hotel room will be fine strike or no strike. I'm not here to concern myself with local politics. I'm here to celebrate my community our community my family. All the other stuff is white noise to me. 

I cant wait to see all of you and celebrate life once again. 

Archived