Albany Roll Call - 11/11/17

Tea

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

All excited here....I'll catch the train Thursday night and arrive hotel maybe 6pm Friday if the train is not running too late.  If other friends are there Friday, maybe we can get together in the hotel's bar or somewhere.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP
20 hours ago, jj3down said:

I've decided to take a train to Albany instead of driving 16 hours.  I'm excited.  Never took a long train trip before.

Good move, JJ .     Doubt if we will be on same train but I ll. Watch for you.   Right now We are just south of DC.   Culpeper Va.       was up late talking with Charlotte and James ( but not James of old time DSO).   See you in Albany Tonight

Peace and Love

Doc

19 hours ago, Island Bro said:

Evening ferry to mainland, drive to Seattle for tonight and board plane at 8am tomorrow morn...

zing zang zoom (as the teach used to say)

Wishing I was on the plane from Seattle with you. Already regretting not being there.

• Forum MVP

Hotel picket folks are very friendly.   They say they can get people moved to another hotel. I told them that would be much too confusing for us but i did agree to pass the word to you guys.   It s. Cold here.   See you guys soon

Peace and Love

Doc

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

Time for the “The Greatest Hits  Volune 20 Of Dark Star Orchestra”!!

For sure that was tonights show.   Setlist was all about the music .    Wonderful show...so many friends.    Too tried to say much else.   ... good night for now

☮️🎼❤️     ♍️

As others have said, you can often find a noticeable difference in attitude and manners between Upstate New Yorkers and Downstate New Yorkers. 

If you are traveling to the Albany area in the future, maybe the following info will help.

If you are traveling to Albany, the train station in Rensselaer is only about a mile to the Times union Center and 2 miles to the Palace theatre.  Weather permitting about a 20 minute walk to T.U.Ctr. and half hour to the Palace (provided you don't mind walking the bridge over the Hudson River)  

If you are flying into the area, Albany is expensive.  Flights into (BDL) Hartford CT are more numerous and more reasonable.  If you are renting a car, Hartford makes a great central new England location, for shows in Boston, Worchester, Hartford, and Albany.

A great vacation would have been to fly into Hartford, Hit the upstate DSO shows followed by the Boston and Hartford Dead & Co. shows.

Archived