Red Rocks show

Eileen

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, Eileen said:

I hear there's a show planned for Red Rocks in 2018 - any date yet?  Need to get my work schedule arranged early. 

Eileen, There have been rumors of Red Rocks floating around for a few months. I take Barraco's comment as if something is really  in the works...just not ready for public information yet or maybe the set list is still being discussed among the band.  Hopefully it will come together and we all can enjoy that magical place with the Best Band in the Land.

peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

I'm booking my Colorado camping trip middle of July 2018.  They cant or don't want to officially announce dates too far in advance or someone may decide to skip an upcoming show and go to the latter. I'd look at this rumor like a NYT breaking story that may be initially refuted officially. Eventually the pressure will mount and officials will crack. Stay tuned as this breaking story unfolds. 

3 hours ago, DesertDead said:

Emphasis on "trip"? :)  

Haven't travelled beyond a few hours to see these guys play yet. I think it would awesome in many ways to see them play at Red Rocks. Depending on whether they're doing anything else in the proximity that I could pull off seeing, it would be a fun trip indeed. Plus I have I buddy out that way I've been meaning to visit. Trying to get the shpiel down for wifey 😁😁

It would be so incredible if this actually happens! There is no better venue on the planet than Red Rocks, music just sounds better there. Fingers crossed hard for this to come about while there are still hotel rooms and flights to be had! :)

• Forum MVP

Saw JRAD there at a sold out show earlier this month. You tellin me DSO could not do at least as good there. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I'm not all in on the JRAD schtick so just my opinion. Lots of heads in CO and many will travel for that gig. I'm picturing quite the hoedown. 🕺

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Hardpan said:

Haven't travelled beyond a few hours to see these guys play yet. I think it would awesome in many ways to see them play at Red Rocks. Depending on whether they're doing anything else in the proximity that I could pull off seeing, it would be a fun trip indeed. Plus I have I buddy out that way I've been meaning to visit. Trying to get the shpiel down for wifey 😁😁

Heck, with where you live, you don't have to go far.  

Not that Mrs. Hardpan needs to have such trivia pointed out for her. :)  

As a person who has been lucky enough to experience many venues and not to be redundant to the obvious, there really is no place quite like Red Rocks.  If it happens and you can swing it, then get there.  It's a bucket list place.

56 minutes ago, DesertDead said:

Heck, with where you live, you don't have to go far.  

Not that Mrs. Hardpan needs to have such trivia pointed out for her. :)  

As a person who has been lucky enough to experience many venues and not to be redundant to the obvious, there really is no place quite like Red Rocks.  If it happens and you can swing it, then get there.  It's a bucket list place.

Well. Just mentioned that next summer might have to be the year I go visit my buddy out there and by the way, there's this rumor floating around... 😎😎 Lookin good on a preliminary basis. 😁

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Hardpan said:

Well. Just mentioned that next summer might have to be the year I go visit my buddy out there and by the way, there's this rumor floating around... 😎😎 Lookin good on a preliminary basis. 😁

Sounds like you're an old pro at this sort of strategizing!

Next, do not speak a syllable of this until you walk downstairs next year on July 5, backpack on, and announce that you're off, "Just like we had discussed..."

8 hours ago, DesertDead said:

Sounds like you're an old pro at this sort of strategizing!

Next, do not speak a syllable of this until you walk downstairs next year on July 5, backpack on, and announce that you're off, "Just like we had discussed..."

Sounds like you got a few tricks up your sleeves, too! 

Archived