Cool alternate lyrics

Hardpan

Anybody got any interesting lyric changes they like that the band did over the years? Some of my favorites:

Deal: when Jerry tosses in bonus words on "if I told you all that went down, it'd (probably) burn of both your (little) ears" and "watch each card you play (people/children) and (please) play it slow." Usually means it's a smoker of a version with a chipper sounding Jerry singing with some jaunty inflection.

Truckin: "a fuckin shame"

Me and My Uncle: "crackt'im in the jaw" is always a nice surprise, never remember which versions this is sung on but I always hope for it. Etc...

Any cool one off mistake lyrics etc anyone can think of, what do you got??

• Forum MVP

FOTM

There’s a dragon that’s loose on the town, take a whole lake (pail) of water just to cool him down” 

BTW- many many changes- a few -

so I give you my eyes, theiy were just a disguise 

The black-throated wind keeps on pouring in
With its words of a life where everything's new

• Forum MVP

Not exactly within this thread title, but in the thought of lyrics that differ...

Anyone else find it funny how often the first verse of an entire show was wrong when Jerry would mess up Jack Straw?

When you are immediately reminded that you are partying with the band?  

Priceless.

4/16/78 Ship of Fools, before Jerry sings one of my favorite lines in all of Grateful Dead music , "don't lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools",  he says "looky here" just off mic. So cool and such a great version. 

• 4 months later...
  • Forum MVP

So on deadco couch tour(free periscope version), bobby switched up throwing stones 

money green is the only way 

U can buy the whole damn government today. 

it seemed like it was on a whim. Everyone knows money green is the only way to buy the government. Gifts are too conspicuous. Well u can buy it with loans too but that’s money in a different form. U can also buy it buy buying someone’s property for much more than it’s worth and act like u fixed it up a lot, hence the massive price increase. 

Archived