TIGDH

DesertDead

• Forum MVP

3/23/90 - Hamilton, ONT

That place had a really great vibe.  Friendly Faces abound, Cool cops, welcoming residents, planets aligned perfectly.

Best Scarlet > Fire I ever saw 🔥!  Jerry’s Midi work is pretty spell-binding along with an almost dirty melody.  

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
16 hours ago, John A said:

I think the Victim jam then into Standing is the best music The Boys played on Spring Tour '90.  And that is no small statement, given all that happened on the tour. Best heard via the 24 track Box Set release. 

Bobby got back by his monitor and took to one knee for special feedback during the thick of it.  It was pretty deep stuff, especially for a first set.

Both of those shows were so much fun.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

3/22/85 2nd night at Hampton. It was a green orb night 

here’s set 2

I went with VoodooNOLA’s posting, which is only set 2, just because you know the quality will be as good as it can be.  The whole show is out there, though.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

90/04/03  The Omni,  Atlanta, GA

Shakedown, Hell In a Bucket>Sugaree, We Can Run,

Masterpiece, Row Jimmy, Picasso Moon, 

Tennessee Jed, Promised Land.

Estimated Prophet>Scarlet Begonias>Crazy Fingers>

Playin' In the Band>D>S>Take You Home>GDTRFB>

Throwin' Stones>NFA.

E:  We Bid You Goodnight.

Spring 90 tour comes to a close with the third show

in Atlanta.  Shakedown, Bucket a killer open.

The start of We Can Run was a mess, but the rest 

of the first set solid.  Pre drums sequence tasty,

and the Throwin' Stones was stomped.

It was 30 years ago today.

Praise DSO. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, BillK522 said:

90/04/03  The Omni,  Atlanta, GA - It was 30 years ago today.

How's that even possible?  30 years.  Sometimes it feel like a lifetime ago and other times it seems like it was yesterday - wow.  I have a really cool Omni story - I'm pretty sure I've told it before on here so I won't bore everyone.

One of the other memories from this show was me not being pissed that Scarlet didn't go into Fire - probably the only time.  I had an unhealthy dislike for Women R Smarter for this reason

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Had the same effect on me. We drive the 10 hrs from cincy for the first night which was on a Saturday night. China rider, my friend and I drove home straight after the first,  missing the second and  third night. Summer tour was on , red rocks, encouraged me to go to the two night new years "run" and then do every show in 86

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

I did the Spectrum show the next spring where Jerry played ‘comes a time’. Unfortunately, I drank about eight beers, dropped a green world blotter, and inadvertently smoked some opium offered to us by the heads that pushed their broke down VW bus into the parking spot next to us. Yea, I noticed a funny taste and was like, what are we smoking? ‘Oh, it’s opium.’ Needless to say, I was too ossified to appreciate what was a really good show. I never left my seat all night. That night was the one that motivated me to start racking up the shows and taking the music seriously, letting the party become secondary. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/30/2018 at 6:48 PM, bull123 said:

Cameron Indoor Stadium...Dook University

cant remember the exact date...think it was winter 1980

paid $40 for a $15 ticket

the first show where Jerry and Phil switched sides on the stage

Sampson and Delilah...really though the whole building was coming down

4-2-82...i was there..Norfolk next night( sick show ) both shows were great but norfolk was liftoff shit...one of the only times I saw Roses in 2nd set...they were fooling around with that in brents first few years...

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Friday April 17th in 1987. Drove from Wyoming through Vegas, all night, picked up friend flying in from cincy at LAX at 5pm, drove like a mad man to get into the show on time,  even had to score a ticket for my buddy. Cold Rain opener and Jerry with a trim, trim new haircut for the first outdoor show of the year! Irvine was a fun grassy lot and I believe it was GA, we got fairly close in the steps area, maybe GA lawn and then pavilion steps? All those California venues seemed to be GA: Frost, Greeks, New Years, SF Civic, Kaiser? What am I missing? Wiltern and warfield were assigned seats.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Irvine was reserved in the seats, GA in the lawn.  Shoreline was the same, perhaps the last bastion of reserved seating for the Dead in CA.  Jerry at Warfield was reserved balcony and GA floor.  Just like DSO.....wait....DSO plays the Warfield?  😲👋🎶

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, John A said:

Well then you saw better shows than I did...that Dylan set 2-12 must have been a total blast!

After checking the tour books, I had GA floor tickets

on Friday and Sunday, reserved seating in the bowl

on Saturday Nite, hard to believe they were actually

able to enforce that set up.  The pre drums on the 12th

put a couple gems on the frequency chart, I had to wait

until 95/03/19 for another Alabama.  Your run in December

looks solid on paper, and you had a guest heavy show   

on Sunday as well.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, BillK522 said:

I had to wait until 95/03/19 for another Alabama. 

There's a moment in that Alabama that's actually a highlight of '95, for what that worth.  Check out Jerry belting "down in the valley of the shadows..." 

Beyond that, it seemed for a brief moment the first set was going to run all of 1/2 hour when Don't Ease ended, before the shocker of shockers, Unbroken Chain.  Too bad they didn't give that one a try while Jerry still had some chops to lend it.

• Like (+1) 1