Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DesertDead

TIGDH

Recommended Posts

 

 

I know this happened because I was at Lakefront Arena in New Orleans to see this encore (followed by Bangles and Neville Bros. performing Knockin on Heavens Door).

Bangles opened for George Michael the same evening at Superdome

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
26 minutes ago, 2muchfun said:

 

 

I know this happened because I was at Lakefront Arena in New Orleans to see this encore (followed by Bangles and Neville Bros. performing Knockin on Heavens Door).

Bangles opened for George Michael the same evening at Superdome

 

Sorry, but I need a clarification, please:  are you saying that you were in attendance for only the encore?  I'm expecting you to say "no, I saw the whole show, of course", but the way I'm reading it led me here. :)

 

If, by some set of circumstances, you were only there for the encore, please share how in the world that happened, if it's not too traumatic to recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
5 hours ago, DesertDead said:

 

Sorry, but I need a clarification, please:  are you saying that you were in attendance for only the encore?  I'm expecting you to say "no, I saw the whole show, of course", but the way I'm reading it led me here. :)

 

If, by some set of circumstances, you were only there for the encore, please share how in the world that happened, if it's not too traumatic to recall.

Never leave a George Michael show early.  Traffic was likely murder getting across town to try and catch the end of the dead show - he was probably hoping for a Manic Monday or Walk Like an Egyptian encore anyway...

  • Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 

We started seeing the new offerings when they came back East.  Needless to say they we’re not given a very warm reception.  Jerry was not in a good place - the stop at Copps was the only bright spot for the whole year IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

10/19/89  Spectrum  Philadelphia, PA

 

A powerhouse performance with the boys in fine form.

 

Help>Slip>Frank Estimated>Eyes pre drums--tasty

 

Ah, Fall 1989

 

Praise DSO

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

The Rectum stop was indeed a keeper.  While I loved, loved 10/19, 10/20 was my 2nd favorite show of the tour.  

 

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1989/10/20-3/tuning

 

First California Earthquake, a spirited Hey Pockey, and a spiriling Scatlet > Fire.   A Truckin > Other One Jam for the ages!  I loved Brent but we all questioned the selection out of space....they eventually got the Other One going though.  Simply wicked Energy - really aggressive but it worked.  Just listen to an Aud if you want proof.

 

Now the lot was a different story.  Fuck Nitrous Merchants.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 

Tea,

You touched on a subject for me as well with the 10/20/89 review.

Never liked the Take You Home position in the show.

Always wanted to get slammed out of space (OO,TRU,INM,WAT)

Also felt out of space was a great spot to bust out (StS,CJ,DS)

Loved Brent but TYH needed another home in the list.

 

Praise DSO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
33 minutes ago, BillK522 said:

Tea,

You touched on a subject for me as well with the 10/20/89 review.

Never liked the Take You Home position in the show.

Always wanted to get slammed out of space (OO,TRU,INM,WAT)

Also felt out of space was a great spot to bust out (StS,CJ,DS)

Loved Brent but TYH needed another home in the list.

 

Praise DSO

Agreed - Brent was really great and Jerry loved him to pieces but Blow Away, Hey Pockey, and and his lead in Dear Mr. Fantasy were his only showcase songs that really ever put me over the top.  

 

I had to think a minute about a few of your acronyms but I eventually got 'em :lol:

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
8 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Tea,

You touched on a subject for me as well with the 10/20/89 review.

Never liked the Take You Home position in the show.

Always wanted to get slammed out of space (OO,TRU,INM,WAT)

Also felt out of space was a great spot to bust out (StS,CJ,DS)

Loved Brent but TYH needed another home in the list.

 

Praise DSO

 

Someone speaks Deadbase. :)  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

10-22-1983

 

waltz in the stars.... celestial ball: still at it from 6/18/83

crazy jam in Throwing Stones unlike any I know. Spiraling like a cat chasing its tail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 10/20/2017 at 4:08 PM, BillK522 said:

 

Always wanted to get slammed out of space 

 

Praise DSO

 

Listening to 3/26/72 that very thing happens, not out of “space” but out of the OO  jam. Try on the TRU- Drums- TOO- MAMU- TOO for size. I think it is a riot. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

A pile of gold today!

 

Winterland - 1969

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1969/10/25/dark-star

 

Dane County - 1973

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1973/10/25/bertha

Fall ‘73 is pure gold

 

New Haven - 1979

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1979/10/25/shakedown-street

Filthy, Nasty Shakedown.  Fall 1979 is also pure gold

 

Radio City 1980

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1980/10/25-2/to-lay-me-down

Franklins made it on Dead Set

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
3 hours ago, Hardpan said:

 Reading the reviews from this show is fun, too.

Like this excerpt:

 

"We watched many a pastel colored yuppie suck down frozen mixed drinks, oblivious to the seriousness of the first set. By the time Drums was hitting us, these poor folks were literally crawling up the aisles, covered in their own sick, trying to get out of the cauldron. A bizarre sight, but I am sure if had been partaking of anything psychoactive that night, I would have been right down there with them."

 

Or this one perhaps:

 

"If you want to take a journey into your psyche and see what associations lie in wait - fear not for the whole world is in this one Dark Star...tv static, racquetball courts, time-machines, medieval torture, insect communication, funeral horns of new orleans, buddhist scripture, worldbeat, witches incantations, ice-ages, wars, raga, muzak, volcanoes, black holes, peruvian indigenous sounds, crawling, creeping, gliding, seething ends, beginnings, and tight rope walking over some huge abyss."

 

LOL! :lol:

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, Tea for Texas said:

Like this excerpt:

 

"We watched many a pastel colored yuppie suck down frozen mixed drinks, oblivious to the seriousness of the first set. By the time Drums was hitting us, these poor folks were literally crawling up the aisles, covered in their own sick, trying to get out of the cauldron. A bizarre sight, but I am sure if had been partaking of anything psychoactive that night, I would have been right down there with them."

 

Or this one perhaps:

 

"If you want to take a journey into your psyche and see what associations lie in wait - fear not for the whole world is in this one Dark Star...tv static, racquetball courts, time-machines, medieval torture, insect communication, funeral horns of new orleans, buddhist scripture, worldbeat, witches incantations, ice-ages, wars, raga, muzak, volcanoes, black holes, peruvian indigenous sounds, crawling, creeping, gliding, seething ends, beginnings, and tight rope walking over some huge abyss."

 

LOL! :lol:

Oh man, I think it's time to give this one a play, right now 👀👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Latest Videos

  • Video Statistics

    • Videos
      104
    • Submitters
      17
    • Comments
      53
    • Views
      43,639

    Tea
    Latest Video
    That Lucky ‘ol Sun By Tea
  • Latest Comments

    • That Lucky ‘ol Sun
      By: gr8fulpair · 06/23/2019
      A song that for me totally embodies the relationship between two incredible talents that speak to one another thru their instruments. They both really shine in this one. Heard Jeff do it last year, I think Atlanta, and he fucking killed it.  Makes me emotional to hear Jerry sing it during this era. He was awesome.
    • Deal 9/5/89
      By: Ammagamalin Crew · 05/01/2019
      I did both those jgb merriweather shows, alpine and poplar creek. Horn hat AKG 460's > dbx224(battery converted) >d5. The dixie at merriweather, the lonesome at Alpine and the let's spend at poplar were choice. Heading to Louisville this weekend for Uli jon roth , closest thing to hendrix I've ever seen. My first deal was when jg opened for fz August 1984 in Chicago. the studio version is a good listen.
    • Deal 9/5/89
      By: LangeradoSoul · 05/01/2019
      I love this song. I love the record version, and I love how it changed over the years. There were more than a few hot ones in 1983-1984, then while always good, it seems that 1989 brought out extra hot ones again. I love this one with JGB, its a toss up between this one and the Alpine Valley shows from the summer which I like best from that year.
    • Clementine - Live, 1968-02-02
      By: izaacb · 02/24/2019
      Has DSO ever played this song? I would love to hear it live
    • The Motorcycle Song -- Arlo Guthrie
      By: goganious · 02/09/2019
      I once bought a kitten and he just kept meowing and meowing. He talked quite a bit. Then I started stringing up my guitar that evening, and he came over and started pawing at the frets, meowing meowing meowing. I looked at this overly talkative creature who was now trying to play his dad's guitar, and the name was obvious at once: Arlo.  12 years later, he still talks a lot. Love Arlo Guthrie. Such a unique and funny personality. Have seen him a few times. He always puts on a great show.
  • Recently Browsing
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
×
  • Create New...