TIGDH

DesertDead

• Forum MVP

I know this happened because I was at Lakefront Arena in New Orleans to see this encore (followed by Bangles and Neville Bros. performing Knockin on Heavens Door).

Bangles opened for George Michael the same evening at Superdome

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
26 minutes ago, 2muchfun said:

I know this happened because I was at Lakefront Arena in New Orleans to see this encore (followed by Bangles and Neville Bros. performing Knockin on Heavens Door).

Bangles opened for George Michael the same evening at Superdome

Sorry, but I need a clarification, please:  are you saying that you were in attendance for only the encore?  I'm expecting you to say "no, I saw the whole show, of course", but the way I'm reading it led me here. :)

If, by some set of circumstances, you were only there for the encore, please share how in the world that happened, if it's not too traumatic to recall.

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, DesertDead said:

Sorry, but I need a clarification, please:  are you saying that you were in attendance for only the encore?  I'm expecting you to say "no, I saw the whole show, of course", but the way I'm reading it led me here. :)

If, by some set of circumstances, you were only there for the encore, please share how in the world that happened, if it's not too traumatic to recall.

Never leave a George Michael show early.  Traffic was likely murder getting across town to try and catch the end of the dead show - he was probably hoping for a Manic Monday or Walk Like an Egyptian encore anyway...

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

We started seeing the new offerings when they came back East.  Needless to say they we’re not given a very warm reception.  Jerry was not in a good place - the stop at Copps was the only bright spot for the whole year IMHO.

• Forum MVP

The Rectum stop was indeed a keeper.  While I loved, loved 10/19, 10/20 was my 2nd favorite show of the tour.  

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1989/10/20-3/tuning

First California Earthquake, a spirited Hey Pockey, and a spiriling Scatlet > Fire.   A Truckin > Other One Jam for the ages!  I loved Brent but we all questioned the selection out of space....they eventually got the Other One going though.  Simply wicked Energy - really aggressive but it worked.  Just listen to an Aud if you want proof.

Now the lot was a different story.  Fuck Nitrous Merchants.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Tea,

You touched on a subject for me as well with the 10/20/89 review.

Never liked the Take You Home position in the show.

Always wanted to get slammed out of space (OO,TRU,INM,WAT)

Also felt out of space was a great spot to bust out (StS,CJ,DS)

Loved Brent but TYH needed another home in the list.

Praise DSO

• Forum MVP
33 minutes ago, BillK522 said:

Tea,

Praise DSO

Agreed - Brent was really great and Jerry loved him to pieces but Blow Away, Hey Pockey, and and his lead in Dear Mr. Fantasy were his only showcase songs that really ever put me over the top.  

I had to think a minute about a few of your acronyms but I eventually got 'em :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
8 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Tea,

Praise DSO

Someone speaks Deadbase. :)  

• Forum MVP
On 10/20/2017 at 4:08 PM, BillK522 said:

Always wanted to get slammed out of space 

Praise DSO

Listening to 3/26/72 that very thing happens, not out of “space” but out of the OO  jam. Try on the TRU- Drums- TOO- MAMU- TOO for size. I think it is a riot. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

A pile of gold today!

Winterland - 1969

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1969/10/25/dark-star

Dane County - 1973

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1973/10/25/bertha

Fall ‘73 is pure gold

New Haven - 1979

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1979/10/25/shakedown-street

Filthy, Nasty Shakedown.  Fall 1979 is also pure gold

Radio City 1980

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1980/10/25-2/to-lay-me-down

Franklins made it on Dead Set

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Hardpan said:

Reading the reviews from this show is fun, too.

Like this excerpt:

"We watched many a pastel colored yuppie suck down frozen mixed drinks, oblivious to the seriousness of the first set. By the time Drums was hitting us, these poor folks were literally crawling up the aisles, covered in their own sick, trying to get out of the cauldron. A bizarre sight, but I am sure if had been partaking of anything psychoactive that night, I would have been right down there with them."

Or this one perhaps:

"If you want to take a journey into your psyche and see what associations lie in wait - fear not for the whole world is in this one Dark Star...tv static, racquetball courts, time-machines, medieval torture, insect communication, funeral horns of new orleans, buddhist scripture, worldbeat, witches incantations, ice-ages, wars, raga, muzak, volcanoes, black holes, peruvian indigenous sounds, crawling, creeping, gliding, seething ends, beginnings, and tight rope walking over some huge abyss."

LOL! :lol:

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Tea for Texas said:

Like this excerpt:

"We watched many a pastel colored yuppie suck down frozen mixed drinks, oblivious to the seriousness of the first set. By the time Drums was hitting us, these poor folks were literally crawling up the aisles, covered in their own sick, trying to get out of the cauldron. A bizarre sight, but I am sure if had been partaking of anything psychoactive that night, I would have been right down there with them."

Or this one perhaps:

"If you want to take a journey into your psyche and see what associations lie in wait - fear not for the whole world is in this one Dark Star...tv static, racquetball courts, time-machines, medieval torture, insect communication, funeral horns of new orleans, buddhist scripture, worldbeat, witches incantations, ice-ages, wars, raga, muzak, volcanoes, black holes, peruvian indigenous sounds, crawling, creeping, gliding, seething ends, beginnings, and tight rope walking over some huge abyss."

LOL! :lol:

Oh man, I think it's time to give this one a play, right now 👀👽