10/06/17 Cincinnati, OH

bs69    206
30 minutes ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Taft theatre 10/31/71.

+

Easy Wind

Actually 10-30-71 

Tea for Texas    1,224

Bertha, Me & My Uncle, Sugaree, Beat It On Down The Line, Loser, Playin' In The Band, Tennessee Jed, Jack Straw, Big Railroad Blues, Me And Bobby McGee, Brown Eyed Women, One More Saturday Night

Casey Jones, Mexicali Blues, Comes A Time, El Paso, Ramble On Rose, Sugar Magnolia, Truckin', Not Fade Away-> Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad-> Not Fade Away

Dead duck    175

Good stuff. Sore feet. Gotta rest em up for tomorrow. RB was on fire 

sml    36

In the very same venue.

• Like (+1) 1

LoginSpiel    34

There was a lot of energy in the crowd. The crowd seemed to roar in hunger pains for nearly every song, even the ballads. Now, I wouldn't have chosen this set list. While I like Keith's energy on piano in Fall 1971, the jams tend to be few and far between. That being said, DSO rocked it out. They took this set list and added life to it, and my dance therapy was deeeply satisfying. I hate that I couldn't make it to Columbus and Cleveland.

Thanks to AM CRew for hosting me afterwards- he's a really solid guy. Good to see some of you out there. 

Rude    981

It was hilarious when Rob B got up and said this show was played 45 years to the day here at the taft theater 10-31-71 LOL.  He made sure to reiterate "to the day" twice.  I was like did I lose the month of October and then was like it would be 46 years.  I heard guys in the bathroom say OMG this was 45 years ago today.  Cracked me up.  He even fooled several others who see lots of shows. Made for a few good laughs after.

Cotter told me at the taft after the show that Pig was sick 10-30 so Keith played keys.  I was confused as to why no organ in the 71 show.

Next night in Columbus they had the exact same setup.  Keys with the old Gibson guitar and bass.  Im like they are doing 10-31-71 tonight.  the 10-30-71 was in cincy then the 10-31-71 was in columbus so it made sense(even though the dead had lots of repeats in that era).  Then as the band came on, they added the lisa mic lol.  I think they want to fuck with people like me who get too cocky trying to analzye the show from the setup and make me look bad talking to people around me.  Its not paranoia if your brain says its true!!!

OH and after that horrible sound at the HoB, it was so refreshing to be in this theater with fantastic accoustics.  Too bad dso is playing the riverside and not the Pabst.  The Pabst has sound as good as any Ive ever heard.

• Like (+1) 3

PoetryGirl    731

“Hey man you gotta be a cop?? Play Trucking, play Trucking. We’ll play whatever we like. And that’s not to say it might not be perfectly alright. It might be perfectly ok. What about all the people who don’t even like Trucking? “ The guy says how many are they or some nonsense like that. 

Did a load of live chickens drop from the Ba-ba- balcony? 

Phil and his baritone voice saying Well well before Ramble on Rose . Ramble on Rose was pretty new in the repetoire

bs69    206
4 hours ago, Rude said:

It was hilarious when Rob B got up and said this show was played 45 years to the day here at the taft theater 10-31-71 LOL.  He made sure to reiterate "to the day" twice.  I was like did I lose the month of October and then was like it would be 46 years.  I heard guys in the bathroom say OMG this was 45 years ago today.  Cracked me up.  He even fooled several others who see lots of shows. Made for a few good laughs after.

Cotter told me at the taft after the show that Pig was sick 10-30 so Keith played keys.  I was confused as to why no organ in the 71 show.

Next night in Columbus they had the exact same setup.  Keys with the old Gibson guitar and bass.  Im like they are doing 10-31-71 tonight.  the 10-30-71 was in cincy then the 10-31-71 was in columbus so it made sense(even though the dead had lots of repeats in that era).  Then as the band came on, they added the lisa mic lol.  I think they want to fuck with people like me who get too cocky trying to analzye the show from the setup and make me look bad talking to people around me.  Its not paranoia if your brain says its true!!!

OH and after that horrible sound at the HoB, it was so refreshing to be in this theater with fantastic accoustics.  Too bad dso is playing the riverside and not the Pabst.  The Pabst has sound as good as any Ive ever heard.

I was thinking the same. At the Taft, I saw 1 drummer and three mics and said 71 for sure hoping for one of the hot August 71 shows with pigpen. Then I saw no organ and it had to be fall when pig was out sick. 

Same set up in Columbus, but then there was an extra mic, didn't think Lisa would be sitting out three nights in a row. Still thought it might be an early 72 until the Lucy

• Like (+1) 1

2muchfun    131

Was at this fine show but not Columbus and have something to say.

I hate when Nick pulls the stunt with the mic's. Part of the bands roots is the pre show "playtime" and trying to guess the era/year/etc..

Just having Lisa's mic out there with the set up as cinnci along with its time for home cooking would be nearly 100% chance that it (Columbus) would be an elective in 71( keys no organ style).

Not seeing the mic is a completely different story!!! FAKE NEWS and all the ramifications. I just don't like it.

I have witnessed many times the opposite, the mic is there at beginning and pulled just before band (sans Lisa :(, after getting hopes up). Also FAKE NEWS and I hate this scenario even more.

OK glad I got that off my chest.....

• Like (+1) 2

Mango    842
3 hours ago, Rbarracoph said:

Such a prankster he is;-)

Or is he a trickster?

The rest seem like reminents of some merry pranksters......

Note:  been hearing a lot of phil and friends on pandora lately.

Not sure who, but the guy on the keys can sing his ass off, and actually play some good keys.  I recognize the voice, but i hate googling that stuff, so i am not sure why it seems so familure.

DSO should check that guy out if RB ever decided to leave the band.  But....hopefully that never happens!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1

Perhaps, but not compared to the detailed instructions for room service in Vegas.  Credited to Rudedog.

Never said thanks RB, but thanks for the time and your stories this past Jubilee.   Your a class act!!

• Haha (+1) 1