Taper Ron

10/07/17 Columbus, OH

Dead duck    175
2 hours ago, ducats said:

did they sing Other One second verse?

Yeah. I'm pretty sure they did

Rude    981
On 10/8/2017 at 3:16 AM, Mason's Child said:

Who is this SML guy?  He seen like all the shows this year. 

He prefers to be called Smail. 

• Like (+1) 1

Rude    981

And note that Smail will never read this as he's solely focused on setlists and music and has zero time to banter. He's currently analyzing and cataloguing cryptical suites for transition notes, length of parts, drum solo length if any, other one jam analysis, and finally cryptical reprises. Note that smail is very secretive about his discertation but is solely focused on the task ahead. No need to look backwards. The setlist was just for the less evolved out there. Now it's on to Michigan. Must...stay....focused.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1

bs69    206
3 hours ago, ducats said:

did they sing Other One second verse?

They definitely did the second verse. Skip hit a line of bass bombs right as Rob went to the mic to sing it

• Like (+1) 1

Rude    981
2 hours ago, bs69 said:

They definitely did the second verse. Skip hit a line of bass bombs right as Rob went to the mic to sing it

It was an insane 2nd verse intro.  Rob and the bass bombs hitting around the same time was a mind blower.  We went from out in jam space back to lyrics without the time to process.

• Like (+1) 1

jj3down    123
1 hour ago, Mason's Child said:

I know not to make a run or a challenge or I may end up like Nancy Kerrigan. 

Damn!  I should probably avoid Michigan  all together. 

sml    36

MC's just mad he's not doing these full runs with me.

This has quite possibly been their best year ever, and I've been lucky enough to have caught a whole lot of it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

BillK522    24

Live the dream sml.

Travel is good for the soul.

Music is good for the heart.

Praise DSO

• Like (+1) 1

jj3down    123
5 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:
10 minutes ago, Mason's Child said:

Don't feel any rivalry.

Haha! You always get so serious MC. I doubt SML harbors much competitiveness.  He doesn’t even like sports!  Although I should mention I did overhear him telling Rude he was going to change his name to Scotty Miracles and start writing full reviews.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike (-1) 1

jj3down    123
4 hours ago, sml said:

MC's just mad he doesn’t have the full runs like me

The runs are overated. 

I think it's in good hands. Keep on dancing. 

I think the torch is in good hands too. 

34ccb8f389fd7650736b63b8e2b3634b.jpg

Mason's Child    1,290

JJ you clearly speak to the irony of his competitive touring spirit. Not all competition is sports based. But I'm sorry if I was seen as serious here. I was working hard to make jokes and keep the spirit light. Poking fun at young Scotty expense. I will review the show from Columbus tonite otherwise I will stay away from the jokes. They just come off as too serious. 

Mason's Child    1,290

By the way my actions this morning did veer towards the serious for me. I was really having fun with this thread.  Disappointed to see it have to end and go back towards being serious here. 

I sense rivalry in Scott. Not only is he consumed and concerned with his show totals but he truly wants to compare them to others. I sense he is in competition to see the most DSO this year. His actions not my seriousness have brought me to that. I'm sorry I made light of it as I think it is funny. 

Funny thing is I think JJ was right there. He saw him demand show totals and redemand it when I wasn't concerned with counting. Seems JJ may be the serious one trying to bring seriousness back to the discussion. You have succeeded. 

Furthermore, Scotty is suffering from a common tour life fallacy. Whenever one tours hardest they think they hearing the best music ever or yet.  Everyone remembers there glory days as the best ever. 

Mason's Child    1,290

He also sends me you should've been here messages after the great show he catches. Tries to tell me I'm not in the right place. Mocks me like a rival. I also think that is funny. 

I am so happy for Scott. He is living the dream right now. So glad he's getting to live life on cloud 9. 

PoetryGirl    731

I will review the show from Columbus tonite. 

Where does it rank in your roster? 

jj3down    123
7 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

1 "Seems JJ may be the serious one trying to bring seriousness back to the discussion. You have succeeded."

2. "Way to ruin my joke. I wasn't the serious one here." 

3. "JJ you clearly speak to the irony of his competitive touring spirit."

4.  "He saw him demand show totals and redemand it when I wasn't concerned with counting."

5. "Do you see the difference between playful and serious now JJ?"

6.  "I will stay away from the jokes. They just come off as too serious."

1.  Haha!  Now you're getting even more serious.  I never thought this was a serious discussion from the very first syllable spoke on Sunday to the last one typed.   It was all discussed with smiles and laughter at that time.  Banter among friends.

2.  Your jokes DON'T come off as serious; your seriousness does.  I never took your particular comment to SML seriously at all.  I mean are you seriously unable to tell that everything I've typed in this thread has been framed as a joke?   The intent was to fan the flames so we can continue the banter.  The intent was for you to run with the creepy guy holding the torch (sorry the ascot is the wrong color) as well as the name change and the reviews.  Obviously I failed at setting up the thread for any further fun.  I ruined it.  Sorry everyone :(.  Or is MC just engaging in serious banter and I'm wasting my time with a response?  It's become far difficult for me to tell for sure.

3.  This comment could have related to that.  I see more inspiration than competitiveness.  I actually think SML is curious to know how many shows core DSO tour heads do to decide if he is adequately carrying the torch.

4.  I must have walked outside.  My memory recalls the convo going like this:

SML: "How many shows you go to this year?  Last night was my 50th."

MC: "I don't know.  I don't count shows."

SML: "You don't know?  You can't figure the count out?"

MC: [20-30 straight minutes of banter, tour etiquette, and explanations of why it is a trivial subject to consider, after which the show count was revealed]  

5.  Weird question.  I don't consider myself to be an overly serious, uptight guy who can't take or understand jokes and eludes joyous times.  I've had difficulty in the past deciphering whether you're joking or serious, mostly on the forum.  Based on my own sense of humor, I've gone with 98% of the time you're simply having fun and joking.  Especially in this particular case.   But I'm not always 100% sure, and that causes me to be hesitant to post.  I have to seriously consider the wisdom and value of posting things in the future that isn't show specific due to my under-developed sense of humor, overly-serious attitude,  and constant expressions of angst and plight. 

6.  Absolutely not!  After all it's my own fault if I'm unable to decipher your innocent, playful banter.  If I'm being honest, engaging in discussions that lead to conflicts, no matter how small, whether real or perceived, is a waste of time and energy.  There's few people, touring or otherwise, who know as much as you do about what all I've had to deal with as of late.  I simply don't have the time, fortitude, or emotional stability to walk on eggshells while posting on a forum.   Thought it was practically impossible to do so on this one, but alas...

I love you brother.  Never my intent to ruin your good time, jokes, and posts.  I had a blast hanging with you on Sunday.

jj3down    123

BTW, comment above was probably about 4% serious.  Let's see how this one goes.

jj3down    123
21 hours ago, DesertDead said:

(Grabs popcorn) 

Ha!  Well you’re probably going to get bored quick.  Good luck not falling asleep.

Mango    842

This week on real world DSO...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Mason's Child    1,290

Mango a retire competitive tour captain. Guest appearance on the next episode tour world dso edition