3145 North Sheffield
Chicago, IL

Doors: 7:00 PM
Show: 8:00 PM

18 and over

Venue Tickets

General Admission $30.00

10/13/17 Chicago, IL

Pretty sure we are at halftime of 9/23/87. Pretty good set so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dupree3 said:

Pretty sure we are at halftime of 9/23/87. Pretty good set so far. 

Even if it's not, you get an e-high-five from me for moseying in here at set break to share.

Thank you, Dupree!

Good show. Turned out I was right for once. Hah. 

Extras:

Long Way From Home

Mr. Charlie

• Like (+1) 1

I.  Feel Like A Stranger, Franklin's Tower, Walkin' Blues, Friend Of The Devil, Tons Of Steel, Desolation Row, Big Railroad Blues, The Music Never Stopped

II.  Bertha-> Cumberland Blues-> Playin' In The Band-> Uncle John's Band-> Playin' In The Band Jam-> Drums-> Jam-> I Need A Miracle-> Dear Mr. Fantasy-> Around & Around-> Good Lovin'-> La Bamba-> Good Lovin', E: U.S. Blues

Lonesome and A Long Way From Home

Mr. Charlie told ya so...

• Thanks (+1) 1

Great show.  Tons of fun.  Can't help but to smile when you hear a La Bamba.  Sorry Jer, Jeff's spanish is better than yours.  How many La Bamba's has DSO performed?  Anyone know.  Didn't the Dead only do it like 3 times?

Feel>Franklin's is a wonderful way to start a show.  I also thought that 10-8-89 was the first Franklin's in 6 years or whatever.  That must have been the first Help>Slip>Frank suite.  Or I just don't know what I'm talking about on that, which is very possible.  Anyway, I love Franklin's early in a show.  Gets the crowd and the band moving and having a good time!

Oh I had to also mention that the Vic is officially the worst venue I've been too.  Beautiful theater.  Primitive policies.  Generally unfriendly staff.

1 hour ago, jj3down said:

Great show.  Tons of fun.  Can't help but to smile when you hear a La Bamba.  Sorry Jer, Jeff's spanish is better than yours.  How many La Bamba's has DSO performed?  Anyone know.  Didn't the Dead only do it like 3 times?

Feel>Franklin's is a wonderful way to start a show.  I also thought that 10-8-89 was the first Franklin's in 6 years or whatever.  That must have been the first Help>Slip>Frank suite.  Or just don't know what I'm talking about on that, which is very possible.  Anyway, I love Franklin's early in a show.  Gets the crowd and the band moving and having a good time!

DSO had performed La Bamba 4 times before Chicago and not since 2010.

The Help>Slip>Franklins at Hampton was the first since 1985 although there were a good stock of 1/2 Step > Franklins, Stranger > Franklins during that hiatus.  First Set Franklins (quick:  say that 10X) are indeed great - even without the Help-Slip paring!  11/2/79 (21 minutes!), 3/13/82, 3/31/87 are a few of my first set favorites

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tea for Texas said:

First Set Franklins (quick:  say that 10X) are indeed great - even without the Help-Slip paring!  11/2/79 (21 minutes!), 3/13/82, 3/31/87 are a few of my favorites

I knew you'd come through the the stats Tea!!!

3/19/77 Winterland = one of my favorite Franklin's.