Sounded so Sweet

PoetryGirl

• Forum MVP

Terrapin just sets me off  ..  Amazing when it just flows right through you.  Fucking magic.

I used to feel that way about Stella Blue but the GD just ran it into the ground for me.  Then I picked it right back up once I heard DSO do it.  

Just so sweet - A perfect mix of sadness and hope

• Forum MVP

I’ve been on a mid-70’s Eyes kick lately.  

To invoke a bit if T4T’s thought:  INSPIRATION sources ebb and flow, of course.  

Your thread makes me think of Boston 1993.  I bobbed and weaved to Black Peter, and then mostly chilled for OMSN.  I recall that Taper Ted got a kick outta the fact that everyone in the place was the opposite (except for him, always minding the DAT lol).  The soulfulness of the Peter just moved me at the time.  Literally.

• Forum MVP

It's those iconic opening riffs that give me an idea of the type of musical trek I'm about to take.  There are so many but these are the ones that immediately come to mind:

Terrapin

Morning Dew

Dark Star

Viola Lee

Let It Grow

Eyes 

Scarlett 

Shakedown

Sampson

Dancin

Help is on The Way 

Teas and Island bros list nailed it for me...Only thing I would add to Teas list is the.....>Fire to Scartlett and  the >S>F to H. 

Grat8fulpair...The high time at black mountain this year was a HIGHlight to my summer. 

Speaking of opening riffs...Birdsong and Loser do it for me

23 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

There are songs that send me climbing the walls, out into the halls.  I think this feeling of freedom is my addiction. The one that pulls the greatest is Lost > Saint. What is yours?

I am going to interpret your question as follows....the Great Gig in The Sky tells me that I will have one last chance in life to dance.  What song am I picking?  The contenders are;

Music Never Stopped

Lost>Saint

Sugar Magnolia>SSDD

Big Railroad Blues

China>Rider

Almost any of the Bobby Cowboy Songs

BIODTL

I gotta go Sugar Mags>SSDD.  It's never failed me.

• Forum MVP

Music is a big one for me. I tell the boys all the time they could probably play that at my funeral and the casket would probably fall off the cart. Body just couldn’t help but move. 

Saint of Circumstance is another although to a lesser extent. 

St Stephen always a biggie. 

And anytime I get a Reuben hair is gonna stand up on my arms and it’s gonna be special. 

List could literally go on forever..........

Quinn the Eskimo

Liberty

Althea

When I Paint my Masterpiece

Dear Prudence

Lost Sailor>Saint

So Many Roads

Lazy River Road

Ashes and Glass

Night they Drove Old Dixie Down

New Speedway Boogie

To name a few.  DSO feel free to borrow this list for the 1st elective set at Penn's Peak this Thanksgiving ;)

Archived