Taper Ron

Broken Forum!

Sometime yesterday a directory disappeared from the server (14,000 + files).  The datacenter  cannot tell me how this happened.  I have recovered, repaired or replaced most of the files.

I have not yet been able to save the Reviews/Setlists & DSO Nugs Forums or the "In Memorium" section.  The Database is intact so all of the posts are there,  It's just a matter of trying to extract the data.  Also, apparently, bulk email is not working.  I sent an email notification last night, it appears it didn't send.

Most things are working now, but I may have to take the forums offline (for short periods).  If you encounter problems pleas let me know, include as much information as possible (error messages etc.)  admin@dsoforums.net

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks for all that you do for DSO and their fans!

I check the website quite frequently so grateful for your efforts to keep us all connected in cyberspace.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Island Bro said:

....,sounds a little complicated ......

That my friend is an understatement.  I don't think I could have done it without advice from Invision's support.

Ironically, the license would have expired next Tuesday.  I was considering not renewing it - hate paying $70.00 a year.

Well this is obviously a good reminder for all of us to send Ron some $ to keep us all going. I know I'm overdue to contribute and I also know every amount helps...

C'mon folks let's not let Ron pay that $70 out of his pocket...

The dude is constantly working behind the scenes for the good of the whole so that we can have a place to hang out. 

Most of us have met so many wonderful people because of these forums and that is worth more than any amount of gold!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Ron what you do is a labor of love for sure. You do the things the vast majority of us are afraid to do. I hope you know How much we appreciate it. You're the best buddy!!

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/14/2017 at 10:39 AM, Taper Ron said:

Sometime yesterday a directory disappeared from the server (14,000 + files).  The datacenter  cannot tell me how this happened.  I have recovered, repaired or replaced most of the files.

I have not yet been able to save the Reviews/Setlists & DSO Nugs Forums or the "In Memorium" section.  The Database is intact so all of the posts are there,  It's just a matter of trying to extract the data.  Also, apparently, bulk email is not working.  I sent an email notification last night, it appears it didn't send.

Most things are working now, but I may have to take the forums offline (for short periods).  If you encounter problems pleas let me know, include as much information as possible (error messages etc.)  admin@dsoforums.net

Sorry for the inconvenience!

And so, a donation towards your efforts TR. 

Thanks for keeping it all alive brother. 

Warm wishes and regards....hope your world allows you a chance to share the holidays with others you love!!

• Thanks (+1) 1