11/18/17, Palladium Theater: Worchester, MA

PoetryGirl

• Forum MVP
SET ONE

Bertha, Greatest Story Ever Told, West L.A. Fadeaway, Little Red Rooster, Bird Song, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, Looks Like Rain-> Might As Well

SET TWO
China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider, Estimated Prophet-> Eyes Of The World-> Drums-> The Other One-> Stella Blue-> Around & Around-> Not Fade Away,
E: It's All Over Now Baby Blue

Filler:?

Filler-Golden Road. This place seemed cool but there were way too many issues with it. First off, it is NOT wheelchair accessible! It's all stairs and my dear friend had to come in thru a side entrance but then couldn't go to other tiers or even use the bathroom! Very ridiculous in this day and age. Secondly, all of my DSO crew friends were in coats, scarves, gloves, hats...... because there was NO HEAT! Literally was warmer outside (47° maybe?) Became fine for us dancers after the 4th song, but still. The band of course was totally on fire, love them so

1 hour ago, sudds94 said:

Filler-Golden Road. This place seemed cool but there were way too many issues with it. First off, it is NOT wheelchair accessible! It's all stairs and my dear friend had to come in thru a side entrance but then couldn't go to other tiers or even use the bathroom! Very ridiculous in this day and age. Secondly, all of my DSO crew friends were in coats, scarves, gloves, hats...... because there was NO HEAT! Literally was warmer outside (47° maybe?) Became fine for us dancers after the 4th song, but still. The band of course was totally on fire, love them so

I agree that the venue was too cold. I didn't start dripping until Drums and I was definitely moving. One of the pluses was the location though. It was so close to the highway and there was parking everywhere within a 2 minute walk. It was perfect for an easy ride in and out. I'll definitely go again if they return next year.

As for the show, all good. I love a Bertha opener. Super funk West LA. Drums > Other One was pretty happening. A stellar version of Little Red Rooster (sometimes one of my hotdog songs)... blew me away. Thanks DSO!

Killer show, band was on fire. Chilly inside, but the band rocked the house and we warmed up in short order. Skip sang "started off on Nyquil" in Tom Thumb's blues, pretty funny. Second set was amazing end to end, freight train thunder during the China/Rider and Estimated, some absolutely transcendent playing during Eyes of the World, and Stella Blue out of The Other One was a sweet surprise, with Rob seeming to tease heavily at the opening chords to Wharf Rat during the jam before the second verse of The Other One. Absolute mayhem outside the venue, which had a large group of vendors, etc. who came over from the first night of Dead and Company in Boston. Kind of shocking to see outside of a DSO show. A night to treasure, for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

DSO show #20 for me, and I left the near arctic Palladium once again trying to process another amazing DSO recreation. Aside from needing to wear a hat most of the night, and sometimes a jacket, wow, what a show.

Birdsong alone was worth the price of admission. Just beautiful, struck a chord for me. The second set, though. Incredible. It’s been a while since an Eyes in my show selection, and this was one of the best I’ve ever seen. Was like they were channeling 1973. There was even a dance-off up in the balcony during the opening jam, one of the many special moments last night.

Thank you DSO. Have said many times but never gets old. What a gift to hear this music.

For future Palladium shows, I thought the sound back in the bleachers was a tad muddled. But does not take away at all from sonic heaven.

• Forum MVP

It was cold? Bwahahahaha that's why I left my jacket on til partway thru bertha, huh? I thought it was just where I was in front of wharf rat table with the draft lmao. During second set we went up to to tippy tops and it was quite pleasant weather and amazing drum sounds up there- like I have never heard! Very acoustically awesome place with definite sweet spots for different tones.

we had our girlfriend from home drive us to the show and ended up with a few others in the car as well. And the 3 of us got us all miracles and us girls made it in just as the boys took the stage. Divine! Every day!!!

she was starry eyed at me cause since we had shown up to put fingers in the air in the cold rain I kept getting hugged by people from all over the country since the other boys were down the road with a night off. 

Lot reminded me of the Variety in Atlanta at my first DSO show ever- before John left they had a kinda large vending scene but we have worked hard to begin restoring that- shout out to my friends who have been vending dso (which we never make much money at, btw, we all do everything else we do in life to make it to dso where we mostly "lose" money) all these years cause lord knows I got tired of doing it alone and now there are enough of us that I have barely been selling shit- just giving all my crafts away for love of the scene. The point is that we stand there with our wares whether we turn a profit or not bc it's part of continuing the GD experience :) cool to see so many at this one- part of why I cried so hard during this Stella!!!

thanks for the golden road filler to send me down south to family for the holidays. May not see y'all til seasons change and a new year has begun. 

More review if this show later but I got a lot to say and have to sneak internet around public places since we traveling all the time hehe.

kiss kiss til later!

• Like (+1) 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...